Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fleck calls Schiano his biggest mentor. I would think that hire would be hard to pull off after we (rightly) stopped the Schiano hire. I would love Fleck, but I find it hard to believe that he is realistic.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I know I shouldn't be scared, but this scares me. Hiring assistants just feels like a setup for Steele to be HC for all of 2021. Seems like if they were planning on hiring a true HC, you wouldn't add to the list of buyouts currently here.

Nothing in the past of the UTAD screams "They've got a plan." This just feels messy.

I get it but think about it. Are you really gonna hire the AD under the stipulation that well we hired the head football coach for you so you are stuck with him? Then if Steele were to bomb then the new AD, whom didn’t hire him, falls on the sword?

Except you literally are. Head coach in college football is essentially the GM as well. You make all roster decisions. I'm not sure I'm sold on the guy who traded Deandre Hopkins for a bag of Doritos and pissed off everyone in their organization.
No salary cap in college.

I wonder if James Franklin is in play.
tenor.gif

Would like to propose a new RF rule.

If someone is going to use “gimmicky” or brings up a team motto in their argument against fleck or even halfway compares him to butch Jones....

Instead Just save us all the time and say you’re too lazy to actually do research into his background, resume, and on field results. It would solve a lot of issues.
Plus the motto/catch phrase stuff isn’t unique to butch and fleck. Pretty much every head coach has them.

I get it but think about it. Are you really gonna hire the AD under the stipulation that well we hired the head football coach for you so you are stuck with him? Then if Steele were to bomb then the new AD, whom didn’t hire him, falls on the sword?

No. You don't have to do that. Just don't hire any assistants. Get the AD in place in the next 10 days and then start the HC search. I see little reason to hire assistants right now unless you're planning to promote Steele to interim for next season.

Big game Bob sure did have a number of bad losses those last few years

Not sure he’s the home run guy most think he is
This is getting good. Bob Stoops is not a home run hire for us?? The man had some bad losses in what, the playoffs? BCS games? :rolleyes:

Bob would be a grand slam of a hire. But it ain't happening. He's not going to come coach against Mark every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back