Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillip, who in his 2+ years as AD managed to find himself in more hot water during an investigation of his hand picked HC. That guy you have more confidence in?

I just feel like no one is stabbing him in the back, it sounds like he was running things the way he wanted and got left to it. Once all the evidence was brought up Boyd/Plowman had to get involved, and like most intelligent people would in the business world they waited until the facts revealed themselves and then made the decision they felt necessary.
It sounds like AD hiring wheels have been in motion for a while. You're correct about information gathering, and fact revealing.

If it follows that to be successful in CFB today, that teams must pay to play, and all other teams can do it and we just cant. We gotta get better in our back of the house.

Not worried about the NCAA stuff. They have no teeth. Maybe a bowl ban next year that we weren't going to anyway and a few scholarship reductions.

If the AD hire will be fast, I would think Ingram. That would be a win.

This would be a perfect chance to show they have some teeth, though. Especially if they know UT will bend over for them, which we will.

Told y’all Friday night he was gone... CJP knew then, formally was told today... I have 0 sources. 0 knowledge.. work in the insurance business... when a house or “houses” are being looked at for purchase, I may get to run some quotes for a “Hom Terman”. But who knows...
Now, this is something that I can believe---actual boots on the ground and connecting the dots with information that's in the field----good for you my man if this comes true.

Of course they had a choice. Cheating happens every where. There’s no way ADs, Chancellors, presidents don’t have an idea of the lengths programs will go to get the edge.

They won’t stick their neck out for a coach who can’t talk, can’t win, and makes enemies with the academic side. If he presented better, performed better, and was more agreeable with his colleagues then he might still be employed.

I don’t believe another institution can be involved in a coverup of what someone else does. They can’t be penalized. UT compliance? Sure. But Kirby cheats too, so he’s covering up his own things.

No, but if one of his players received money or other benefits from another university, his player could be implicated and be penalized.

Reactions: VolGee4
If we escape this mess with Tom Herman and Steele as DC and Garner as DL coach. That's a big win
It is , but plenty of negavols gonna be crying .
They want the home run sure thing. But Nick ain’t leaving Bama, Urban is in the NFL, and Dabo ain’t coming! And that’s all of them.
Anyone, and I mean anyone else is a crapshoot. Might as well choose to believe they can succeed until they prove otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back