Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and count me as out on Plownerd. To borrow VN’s favorite phrase, gonna be tough to “Close the gap” if you aren’t willing to bend the rules.
What is she supposed to say? It’s ok to cheat as long as we win. She’s doing her best to dodge the death penalty from the NCAA. Chill out

Better days are on the horizon.

What constitutes better days? If we are stuck with an interim or another mediocre or bridge hire I don’t see how that is any better. I mean sure it will be nice to have e someone who sounds like he might’ve passed freshman English but other than that what’s your vision of better? Give us something more solid here.

LOL no one will ever be able to recruit here
Yep. She's fine with 7-8 wins
Really? What's she going to say? "Look I'm fine with cheating but damn we can't be making it this obvious."

Today is a good day. We got rid of two major entrenched problems. You can take one day to not do an Eeyore impression up and down the forum.

What is she supposed to say? It’s ok to cheat as long as we win. She’s doing her best to dodge the death penalty from the NCAA. Chill out

Lol the NCAA doesn’t give the death penalty anymore.

Literally have bball coaches on tape talking about paying kids and they’re still employed. And within this conference. And at programs who aren’t bball powerhouses.

Reactions: MwB and Bruce Wayne
It sounds like AD hiring wheels have been in motion for a while. You're correct about information gathering, and fact revealing.

If it follows that to be successful in CFB today, that teams must pay to play, and all other teams can do it and we just cant. We gotta get better in our back of the house.

Let's just cut through the weeds for a minute. If Fulmer as our university AD was so involved with the football program that he was getting copies of the weekly playbook then that's too much. I have never heard of any AD at any other university being that involved, and some insiders that are fairly trustworthy are saying "it's even worse." To be honest, I'd say the AD hiring wheels have been in motion since the investigation began. Again not very "backstabbing" if that is the case, for all we know Fulmer may have told the higher ups they should start vetting cause when the dust settles he was done.

If you're a top level executive then you're always, and I mean always prepared for the worst case scenario. There's likely a few contingency plans that were created and reviewed by Boyd/Plowman starting when Pruitt fell on his face. Some may have even involved damage control to keep him and Fulmer at UT. We as fans will get hindsight to speculate, now that it's 3+ months later but ultimately the people in power did all the due diligence they needed, and had the media not caught wind of it we'd likely not have heard anything about it until today (when the firing was announced directly from UT).

Let's keep this search Gruden free.
Bringing that name up...
EmptyScornfulJapanesebeetle-small.gif

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back