Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always use Easy street vacation rentals btw. The guy is really nice and has several houses to choose from around the same location. Pretty much any size house depending on your needs. They’re all really close to the beach. You can walk or hop on golf cart and roll right to it.
Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm 60 pages behind, but here is a stream of consciousness before I head off to work that will probably be passed over, but let me just think out loud.

1. I'm 100% out on Pruitt. He doesn't have what it takes.
2. I don't hate Pruitt. He has tried to grow into a head coach and has not. He has worked hard but is too stubborn to grow beyond where he is now. I can relate to this, so I sympathize with his ignorance. Never hate a man who gives everything he has but doesn't have enough. He just needs to move on to what he CAN do effectively, not be emasculated.
3. I fully support Pruitt. This is conducive to my happiness. If he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, I am happy for him to continue. I'd rather win than lose, and my feelings and support have no effect on wins nor losses, so let's go.
4. I would still much rather have a new coach, because see point #1.
5. Maybe he has reached a turning point at a coach. This is the point of "hope" for me as a fan. I don't believe it, but maybe it is so. Steele is here and if Garner comes that is a dynamic recruiting staff. I wish the offense could get sorted out.
6. Pruitt deserved to be fired for performance but completely got the shaft from the administration regarding this investigation. This stuff goes on everywhere, and everyone knows it. Our admin had the nerve to take a half measure of full public investigation but won't take the full measure needed of cutting ties. He is severely hamstrung as a coach and didn't really deserve this. Now, a failing coach has had his legs cut out from under him and is told to "carry on." BS on our Admin, and shame on them. Full measure or no measure... never a half measure.
7. Niedermeyer will be paid handsomely under the table to keep quiet and he will be done with coaching. He is not a good coach. He was a bag man. Now that he has soiled that part of his value, no one will ever touch him again. I suspect he will have opportunities from Tennessee sources to pursue a career in another field, but maybe I don't read that correctly.

Just a few thoughts this AM. Have a great day folks. Time to go squat and then be an adult and work.

Yep - 'bout sums it up for most of us.

My thing is that it does not matter if Steele and Garner are both here. The recruits know that Jeremy is dangling in the wind and there has been an AA investigation. Even if he skates and gets another year, they know #6. So the improvement in recruiting will be self limiting. So #1 and #4 are all that matter to me at present.

If you have an assistant coach who is moved from TE's to LB's with no obvious, proven experience in developing said players - you have a bag man, people. It's like a flashing neon sign to investigators.

Yep - 'bout sums it up for most of us.

My thing is that it does not matter if Steele and Garner are both here. The recruits know that Jeremy is dangling in the wind and there has been an AA investigation. Even if he skates and gets another year, they know #6. So the improvement in recruiting will be self limiting. So #1 and #4 are all that matter to me at present.

If you have an assistant coach who is moved from TE's to LB's with no obvious, proven experience in developing said players - you have a bag man, people. It's like a flashing neon sign to investigators.
Yeah, I dont think Steele and Garner will be a massive help in recruiting next season with Pruitt's seat being so hot. Auburn was in the 40's in recruiting when Malzahn was fired. It didn't matter that they had a great staff, kids weren't picking Auburn.

Funny how a lot of volunteer fans this time last year were saying he should be named coach of the year and after a rough year impacted by corona, he’s now doo doo. We’ll get back on track this year. When we do, a lot of folks will owe ol stud an apology.
This is crazy talk. He lost to Georgia state and BYU last year and beat a bunch of sorry teams. No one said he should be coach of the year. Do us all a favor and leave this site.

Destin is trash. Go to Cape San Blas. You'll thank me later.
Why are you telling people about the Cape? We like the peacefulness! I have gone to the Cape almost every year for the past 35 years. We rent a house or condo on the beach and always have a great time. Of course, I also eat a meal or two at the Raw Bar at Indian Pass. We were there in August 2020 and was glad to see the Raw Bar finally reopened after the last water damage.

I’ve stayed in Cape San Blas too. The house we stayed in right on the beach was awesome. The restaurant selection was horrible. Couldn’t find a single restaurant that had crab legs or lobster. When I go to the beach I want proper sea food. Lol
was my experience on west coast. either redneck paradise, or, uppity. Asked my buddy to take us to a beach front restaurant for drinks and burgers or mahi sandwich in Ft Myers. Granted he was new to that area, said didnt know of one.

Yes its a bit Neck, but, teasure coast is where its at. Ocean isnt bathwater.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I’ve stayed in Cape San Blas too. The house we stayed in right on the beach was awesome. The restaurant selection was horrible. Couldn’t find a single restaurant that had crab legs or lobster. When I go to the beach I want proper sea food. Lol
Given that Maine Lobster and Alaskan crabs are cold water creatures, it’s not surprising that you couldn’t get them fresh in a small town on the Gulf of Mexico.

I know it’s been stated multiple times already but I just think at this point no one knows anything until a definitive statement from the admin/AD/Plowman is put out there.
One theory is, they don’t need to say anything. Other than this tiny little investigation, nothing is happening and it's just business as usual at Tennessee. So, why would they need to make a definitive statement about..... nothing?

It's a theory.......

One theory is, they don’t need to say anything. Other than this tiny little investigation, nothing is happening and it's just business as usual at Tennessee. So, why would they need to make a definitive statement about..... nothing?

It's a theory.......
Lol I hear you but it’s bad PR when it’s being reported nationally that your HC fate is in the air and no statement from the AD/admin saying anything to clear the air. That’s why I made that statement.

Last edited:
Looking like we won't get what we need from the transfer portal. We could really use Gilbert, but I doubt he's coming here. Don't really see any other quality TEs out there. No quality OTs to replace Wanya. Looks like the good DTs have already picked other schools. Big Kat is still out there but no idea if he's even considering us. No idea how good the ILBs that are out there are, but probably aren't looking at us anyway. No real dynamic CBs either. We're gonna struggle next year. They supposedly saved these spots for transfers, and between our situation and guys just not being out there, it seems like that might have been a waste. Who wants to transfer into uncertainty? I'm mad at Pruitt and the job he's done, but it pales in comparison to my anger at the administration for hamstringing us during a critical off-season time.

Given that Maine Lobster and Alaskan crabs are cold water creatures, it’s not surprising that you couldn’t get them fresh in a small town on the Gulf of Mexico.
Don’t care if they’re freshly caught right out of the ocean. I understand where they’re caught. I couldn’t find them there at all. Most of the restaurants were trash. Way better restaurants in Destin. Just a fact. The area in San Blas, beach, houses were better than Destin and it wasn’t close. The restaurant selection was trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back