Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA sucks. Don't @ me

@

locke.gif

This kid better be the best 5 star of all time if he’s skipping his high school senior season.
With Covid getting worse, it's probably not a bad idea if there's a chance his high school may not play football this year.

The NBA sucks. Don't @ me
As just a general fan of basketball it's alright I guess. I don't see how anyone could be a fan of any specific team.

"Got tickets tonight. Hope our three best players don't dechde to just sit out for no reason."

"We were last place last year. Hope 3 random super stars decide to turn us into -400 favorites to win the championship this year."

Like I don't understand how the Lakers can celebrate a title last year. Y'all are going to celebrate because two players randomly decided they wanted to win the championship in LA and y'all supplied the jersies? Lame.

Had to cancel trip to Emerald Bay, Bahamas in March. Thinking of going to Destin, never been. Is the first of March a good time to go? Best places to stay?
Rent a house somewhere along scenic highway 98. A lot of them have pools and come with a golf cart you can use. You can run the carts along scenic highway. Way better than staying at one of the high rises because the houses come with private beach access so way less ppl. We do this almost every year. There’s some good restaurants close by like Pampano Joe’s and crab trap. We tried the high rise route one year and was a huge mistake. I had to get up at 7 every morning to take a towel and chairs to the beach or we wouldn’t even have a spot. It sucked.

No. Our head coach is pure ass and this football team is gonna be straight up terrible next season.
Pruitt sucks like a 12 thousand dollar vacuum cleaner.
Funny how a lot of volunteer fans this time last year were saying he should be named coach of the year and after a rough year impacted by corona, he’s now doo doo. We’ll get back on track this year. When we do, a lot of folks will owe ol stud an apology.

Anyone have the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle? How do you get the local channels especially when sports are on them? I have a firestick for each tv.
yeah, i have that bundle.

but to get local channels you either need to put an antennae on your TV and just get them over the airways, or you would need to sign up for a live TV service like Hulu Live, Youtube TV, ATT TV, Sling....that would give you the "basic" cable/Satellite stuff plus your local TV stations.

Had to cancel trip to Emerald Bay, Bahamas in March. Thinking of going to Destin, never been. Is the first of March a good time to go? Best places to stay?
Rent a house somewhere along scenic highway 98. A lot of them have pools and come with a golf cart you can use. You can run the carts along scenic highway. Way better than staying at one of the high rises because the houses come with private beach access so way less ppl. We do this almost every year. There’s some good restaurants close by like Pampano Joe’s and crab trap. We tried the high rise route one year and was a huge mistake. I had to get up at 7 every morning to take a towel and chairs to the beach or we wouldn’t even have a spot. It sucked.
We always use Easy street vacation rentals btw. The guy is really nice and has several houses to choose from around the same location. Pretty much any size house depending on your needs. They’re all really close to the beach. You can walk or hop on golf cart and roll right to it.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
I know it’s been stated multiple times already but I just think at this point no one knows anything until a definitive statement from the admin/AD/Plowman is put out there.

Reactions: UTProf
Well, I'm 60 pages behind, but here is a stream of consciousness before I head off to work that will probably be passed over, but let me just think out loud.

1. I'm 100% out on Pruitt. He doesn't have what it takes.
2. I don't hate Pruitt. He has tried to grow into a head coach and has not. He has worked hard but is too stubborn to grow beyond where he is now. I can relate to this, so I sympathize with his ignorance. Never hate a man who gives everything he has but doesn't have enough. He just needs to move on to what he CAN do effectively, not be emasculated.
3. I fully support Pruitt. This is conducive to my happiness. If he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, I am happy for him to continue. I'd rather win than lose, and my feelings and support have no effect on wins nor losses, so let's go.
4. I would still much rather have a new coach, because see point #1.
5. Maybe he has reached a turning point at a coach. This is the point of "hope" for me as a fan. I don't believe it, but maybe it is so. Steele is here and if Garner comes that is a dynamic recruiting staff. I wish the offense could get sorted out.
6. Pruitt deserved to be fired for performance but completely got the shaft from the administration regarding this investigation. This stuff goes on everywhere, and everyone knows it. Our admin had the nerve to take a half measure of full public investigation but won't take the full measure needed of cutting ties. He is severely hamstrung as a coach and didn't really deserve this. Now, a failing coach has had his legs cut out from under him and is told to "carry on." BS on our Admin, and shame on them. Full measure or no measure... never a half measure.
7. Niedermeyer will be paid handsomely under the table to keep quiet and he will be done with coaching. He is not a good coach. He was a bag man. Now that he has soiled that part of his value, no one will ever touch him again. I suspect he will have opportunities from Tennessee sources to pursue a career in another field, but maybe I don't read that correctly.

Just a few thoughts this AM. Have a great day folks. Time to go squat and then be an adult and work.

Well, I'm 60 pages behind, but here is a stream of consciousness before I head off to work that will probably be passed over, but let me just think out loud.

1. I'm 100% out on Pruitt. He doesn't have what it takes.
2. I don't hate Pruitt. He has tried to grow into a head coach and has not. He has worked hard but is too stubborn to grow beyond where he is now. I can relate to this, so I sympathize with his ignorance. Never hate a man who gives everything he has but doesn't have enough. He just needs to move on to what he CAN do effectively, not be emasculated.
3. I fully support Pruitt. This is conducive to my happiness. If he pulls a rabbit out of his hat, I am happy for him to continue. I'd rather win than lose, and my feelings and support have no effect on wins nor losses, so let's go.
4. I would still much rather have a new coach, because see point #1.
5. Maybe he has reached a turning point at a coach. This is the point of "hope" for me as a fan. I don't believe it, but maybe it is so. Steele is here and if Garner comes that is a dynamic recruiting staff. I wish the offense could get sorted out.
6. Pruitt deserved to be fired for performance but completely got the shaft from the administration regarding this investigation. This stuff goes on everywhere, and everyone knows it. Our admin had the nerve to take a half measure of full public investigation but won't take the full measure needed of cutting ties. He is severely hamstrung as a coach and didn't really deserve this. Now, a failing coach has had his legs cut out from under him and is told to "carry on." BS on our Admin, and shame on them. Full measure or no measure... never a half measure.
7. Niedermeyer will be paid handsomely under the table to keep quiet and he will be done with coaching. He is not a good coach. He was a bag man. Now that he has soiled that part of his value, no one will ever touch him again. I suspect he will have opportunities from Tennessee sources to pursue a career in another field, but maybe I don't read that correctly.

Just a few thoughts this AM. Have a great day folks. Time to go squat and then be an adult and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back