Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t all that successful at Georgia. He was DC for one year at FSU with one of the most talented teams we’ve ever seen partly due to the defensive players that mark stoops had in place.

He’s never had to develop anyone or create a scheme until now and it’s showing that he’s clueless.

We don’t have to agree. The tape doesn’t lie. We literally cannot lineup correctly in year 3.
I think that Pruitt is very book smart defensively. He knows a lot about defensive Xs and Os. If he took a test about defensive concepts, jargon, etc., he'd ace the test.

I think he's quite poor at communicating the knowledge he's got in his head to other people. And he's absolutely atrocious at being responsible for an entire program. He's a classic case of the "smart guy" who is really knowledgeable about something, but nobody asks him for help because he has terrible communication and people skills. Kind of like the IT guy at your office or something.

If you're a team that's already got something good going, Pruitt will come in and do a great job at operating the machine. You just don't want to ask him to create anything himself.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Bama reportedly losing TE/ST coach Jeff Banks to Sark at Texas. Reports from both the Texas and Bama sides $9.95 sites. Great recruiter and one Saban didn't want to lose.

No word on whether his stripper girlfriend and her pet monkey will be coming along as well, but she has removed all Alabama logos from her Twitter profiles.
She’ll flourish down in Austin.

You do realize who was on Urb's defensive staff for 3 years at OSU and worked to stop his offense everyday, right?

This doesn't even taken into consideration the likelihood of college coaches having massive success in the NFL is REALLY small....as in Pete Carroll with Chip Kelly having a bit of initial success being it.
Have you seen the draft picks the Jags have this year?

I think that Pruitt is very book smart defensively. He knows a lot about defensive Xs and Os. If he took a test about defensive concepts, jargon, etc., he'd ace the test.

I think he's quite poor at communicating the knowledge he's got in his head to other people. And he's absolutely atrocious at being responsible for an entire program. He's a classic case of the "smart guy" who is really knowledgeable about something, but nobody asks him for help because he has terrible communication and people skills. Kind of like the IT guy at your office or something.

If you're a team that's already got something good going, Pruitt will come in and do a great job at operating the machine. You just don't want to ask him to create anything himself.

Just out of curiosity... what makes you think he’s so book smart defensively

ya, this is a bad take.

he isn't a bad coach - bad head coach, sure.

He has had success everywhere he has been - not just bama under saban.
I don't remember the details, but I seem to remember him not being a good DC but a great position coach. Hasn't he gotten fired from all/most of his DC jobs?

He wasn’t all that successful at Georgia. He was DC for one year at FSU with one of the most talented teams we’ve ever seen partly due to the defensive players that mark stoops had in place.

He’s never had to develop anyone or create a scheme until now and it’s showing that he’s clueless.

We don’t have to agree. The tape doesn’t lie. We literally cannot lineup correctly in year 3.
Bad coaching wasn’t his knock. It’s trying to tell all the other coaches how to do their job and creating friction on the sidelines in a game and in practice. ’Cause you always know better - even though you don’t have a 10th of the experience. That causes chaos - and when the program is under fire for not winning more than 10 games with super talent - more chaos. And, then when it’s your side of the ball making mistakes “It’s not my fault.” Then, tearing the program down by running your mouth to anyone who will listen (recruits) and saying you are going to be the savior if they’ll just listen to you.

What??? Are you kidding me. The dude was a clown and Georgia and Kirby chose to let him go.

Read this article then tell me what you think about him. I have no idea why people just assume he’s this cool dude that would kick it and drink beer with you. There’s a reason why there’s a constant revolving door of coaches leaving him.

What Happened at UGA in 2015? Part One... The Vacuum is Filled

I’m not sure how it’s humanly possibly to think that Pruitt inherited a worse roster than butch did from Dooley... so I’m not even going to open that box up.

Botch's last team was the worst Tennessean football team I have ever seen..period. His ****** recruiting after 15 basically nuked any chance anybody that followed him was going to succeed.

And I couldn't give a runny **** what a bunch of Richts entitled bitch boys had to say about Jeremy. People at Bama had a totally different story of him. And Kirby was NEVER going to keep him on.

Could...could it....could it actually be that the angry elf might be ready to retire?
I know he’s lost damn near every assistant other times and been fine. But damn if I haven’t been ready to watch that b!tch burn for about the last 12 years.

Reactions: franklinpence
Botch's last team was the worst Tennessean football team I have ever seen..period. His ****** recruiting after 15 basically nuked any chance anybody that followed him was going to succeed.

And I couldn't give a runny **** what a bunch of Richts entitled bitch boys had to say about Jeremy. People at Bama had a totally different story of him. And Kirby was NEVER going to keep him on.
You love Pruitt. You always have and probably always will. Like i said we don’t have to agree.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time picturing Pruitt as an elementary PE teacher. Based on his demeanor at UT, I can't picture him teaching kindergarten, first, or second grades kids.
I imagine it would be similar to those Coach Hines skits Mad TV used to do.

He also has never coached anywhere, even at the HS level, that had inferior or even average talent. He's always been able to slot in at loaded programs and coach squads of the best players.

Now, that isn't to say he's totally without skills. Even if you're given great ingredients and a great recipe, it still takes skill to cook the meal. But I'd be more impressed with his defensive coaching abilities if he had, at some point in his past, taken over a bad defense and made them better. Either by helping recruit better talent, or coaching guys up, or both. He's always been slotted into coaching a defense that was already really good, with a bunch of elite players already on the roster.

Being a chef that only has experience working in the finest restaurants with the best ingredients, recipes, and people hasn't served him well at a greasy spoon like Tennessee.
Bama defense hasn’t been a strength since he left.

Have you seen the draft picks the Jags have this year?
I have. But you have a coach who has never coached an NFL team, never done a draft and with an interim GM in one of the toughest divisions in football (as long as Deshaun Watson stays in Houston).

Plus, I think Trevor Lawrence will be good, but he is just as likely to be a bust.

It's really tough to say for sure. Jeremy Pruitt never had a talent deficit before he came here.
Exactly. I'd never assume that someone who was only successful with superior talent would be successful with equal or inferior talent. Calipari is a perfect example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back