Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just prep yourselves for Steele. It’s happening. This program is dead. I love Tennessee more than ever but they somehow find away to make me care less every year. Every failed hire and never actually putting the bs aside and just focusing on winning. It’s always a lazy effort from the people in charge. They hope to win but they don’t go out and prioritize it with a win at all costs attitude like other places. We aren’t what we used to be and we never will be until we suck it up and stop giving af about what the media and the rest of the college football world think of us and just focus on winning at all cost. They have to hire Freeze or they don’t care about winning. There has never been a more layup of a winner just waiting to be hired and I’m sorry idgaf if Sankey or whoever in the league office doesn’t want him coaching. My first response would be no, you have proven cheater Will Wade and Bruce Pearl still coaching in b-ball. You have Nick Saban and Kirby Smart both paying players more than anyone in the country. You have Lane Kiffin who’s had NCAA trouble you have Coach Cal who’s been caught cheating at UMASS and Memphis. It’s a ridiculous thing to be scared of. Who cares what the league office thinks. They’ll be the first ones kissing the ground we walk on if we ever do make it to the top again because they love nothing more than to protect their cash cows.

Eh, Im not going to sit here and tell you Marrone will take us to the promise land. But I think he'd be a solid hire to get things back heading in the right direction. With him I see a solid S&C program, and I see NFL type fundamentals taught.
This is what I like about him. I think he knows how to be a football CEO, he can attract and command a solid staff and can develop players into positions and schemes. He's not going to win 10 games and to be honest we don't need him to. For a few years we need someone solid and steady to get the program on solid footing in position for a next level hire down the road.

Why do you feel that? It seems like it would be more to prepare for

OL play mostly. Seems a lot like what Jones tried to do with OL. They looked like they were on skates when Debord wasn’t there and Dobbs wasn’t there to mask deficiencies. They even got shoved around by Chattanooga’s DL.

Just prep yourselves for Steele. It’s happening. This program is dead. I love Tennessee more than ever but they somehow find away to make me care less every year. Every failed hire and never actually putting the bs aside and just focusing on winning. It’s always a lazy effort from the people in charge. They hope to win but they don’t go out and prioritize it with a win at all costs attitude like other places. We aren’t what we used to be and we never will be until we suck it up and stop giving af about what the media and the rest of the college football world think of us and just focus on winning at all cost. They have to hire Freeze or they don’t care about winning. There has never been a more layup of a winner just waiting to be hired and I’m sorry idgaf if Sankey or whoever in the league office doesn’t want him coaching. My first response would be no, you have proven cheater Will Wade and Bruce Pearl still coaching in b-ball. You have Nick Saban and Kirby Smart both paging players more than anyone in the country. You have Lane Kiffin who’s had NCAA trouble you have Coach Cal who’s been caught cheating at UMASS and Memphis. It’s a ridiculous thing to be scared of. Who cares what the league office thinks. They’ll be the first ones kissing the ground we walk on if we ever do make it to the top again because they love nothing more than to protect their cash cows.
Tl;dr.

Did I do that right?

Go read Basilio's blog. He has sources...
This is sad:

"Reggie McKenzie is a past NFL Executive of the year ... He doesn't get contacted when we have openings. Charles Davis wears his Tennessee pride literally on his sleeve yet has told me that he would love to offer a hand in finding a coach yet his opinion has never been sought."

Fulmers plan is for Steele to be HC. You don't bring in a 62 year old proven assistant who desires to be a head coach, then turn around and put a 40ish year old HC over him...would not mesh well...then again...this is TN

He’s mesh really well with marrone though

Reactions: MrVolton
Apparently there’s some serious buzz about Pruitt to Texas.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back