Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's Chadwell, has he ever worked with Steele before or is Fulmer going to build JC's staff for him?
Chadwell has a bunch of guys who’ve worked with him for years. Maybe the stay and upgrade their positions at CC but I can see him wanting to bring as many of those guys that he can especially his DC.

Help me here.... If Texas hires Pruitt before we fire him, they have to pay us right? Have they been playing chicken this whole time to see who would dodge first? Tennessee trying to get paid instead of paying? Pruitt trying to get his buyout by getting fired then taking the job he has waiting for him?

The way that works is you negotiate a reduced buyout with Pruitt and then allow him to collect his new salary at Texas. This is exactly what Memphis did with Josh Pastner. They owed him this big buyout and couldn’t really pay it. He got offered at GTech, but there wasn’t a big incentive to leave because Memphis money was more. They negotiated about 1/3 or more reduction and then he agreed to take the new job.

Eh, Im not going to sit here and tell you Marrone will take us to the promise land. But I think he'd be a solid hire to get things back heading in the right direction. With him I see a solid S&C program, and I see NFL type fundamentals taught.
Hopefully Marrone would bring Myslinski home to head strength and conditioning.

I like Napier, but articles I've read suggest he wouldn't come here. I still like Herman. I've read the rumors about him being a polarizing figure, but he's a winner. And then there's Freeze. Of the coaches we might have a shot with, I've come to realize he's right there at the top of the list. We're not getting a Campbell or a Fickell, but Freeze is attainable, IF our admin would just give him a shot.

But given a choice between Chadwell and Marrone, I'd choose Chadwell. He has far more potential than Marrone does. The only good thing I can say for Marrone is he's a better choice than Steele.

bless you all! I can’t bring myself to go lower on a list. Freeze is as low as I’ll go or I continue to do other things other than CFB. Marrone is a flop. Job is much too big for Chadwell. Napier won’t ever come. Fulmer’s a liability and well his buddy Steele I don’t want anywhere near the HC gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back