Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruited, if you notice in games RBs and WRs are always talking to him. Everyone complains that he is always on TV and he is because the skill players always get sideline time and they are talking to him. People can criticize him and I wanted him gone, but his offense was good here for 3 years. Everyone says it was Dobbs, but he recruited Dobbs
If he was doing all that coaching for AL why were there not any schools wanting him to come be their their coach? Even just a position coach? Yes, he helped on the field, but he was not responsible for the positions. But he was well liked by the players.

Texas would love to get Pruitt as a DC, but not if he has a show cause order. In addition to the 247 writer @coskramer quoted, another pay site is saying they are hearing the chatter too.

Wonder if Pruitt sees the writing on the wall and is reaching out? Were he and Sark ever at Bama at the same time?

Sark was an anylyst and then was OC for the title game after Kiffin left. So, yes, they were on the same staff.

If he was doing all that coaching for AL why were there not any schools wanting him to come be their their coach? Even just a position coach? Yes, he helped on the field, but he was not responsible for the positions. But he was well liked by the players.
He was a pet. They made him do tricks.

Hire Chadwell let him bring who he wants on the offensive side of the ball (coaches) let Steele run the defense. Deal with the transfers, then focus solely on instate recruits and other out of state guys with UT ties (and prospects that the new coaches have relationships with) and sell them on getting UT back knowing this upcoming season will be rough.

No. No more experiments in the HC position. Marrone, Herman, Napier, Freeze. Maybe not in that order, but this should be the list.
Chadwell is a winner. not an experiment. Marrone has never won anywhere. Napier and Freeze aren't coming here. Herman has a horrible reputation and so they probably won't hire him.

Chadwell is a winner. not an experiment. Marrone has never won anywhere. Napier and Freeze aren't coming here. Herman has a horrible reputation and so they probably won't hire him.

With Chadwell’s offense, he is a total experiment and the biggest crapshoot of all the names that have been thrown around.

I’d be so glad to see a change though, that I’ll get behind anybody as HC except Pruitt or Steele.

Reactions: Deebowbear and MwB
Take out Marrone, you got a decent list.
Eh, Im not going to sit here and tell you Marrone will take us to the promise land. But I think he'd be a solid hire to get things back heading in the right direction. With him I see a solid S&C program, and I see NFL type fundamentals taught.

Help me here.... If Texas hires Pruitt before we fire him, they have to pay us right? Have they been playing chicken this whole time to see who would dodge first? Tennessee trying to get paid instead of paying? Pruitt trying to get his buyout by getting fired then taking the job he has waiting for him?

Hire Chadwell let him bring who he wants on the offensive side of the ball (coaches) let Steele run the defense. Deal with the transfers, then focus solely on instate recruits and other out of state guys with UT ties (and prospects that the new coaches have relationships with) and sell them on getting UT back knowing this upcoming season will be rough.
Fill in with transfers where it makes sense. Might be an entertaining season which will be an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back