Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Hulu Live and am thinking about getting an ESPN+ subscription. It's only like $7/month....is it worth it?

I obviously like college sports, but I am also a big NHL and soccer fan.
They have a surprisingly good number of interesting shows. You get all the e60s and 30 for 30s too. Also a must if you like UFC

Depends on how "clearly not the right choice" is defined imo. Some fans will see a missed easy pass and think that's a clear sign. Or throwing 2 INTs in a game or something like that which plenty of good, even great, qbs do.

I do think he needs to be able to make mistakes and learn and grow. Especially since this isn't a 1a/1b situation. He needs to go out and play loose and not scared to make a mistake that will get him ripped into and benched.

Yep - I agree. It's not about a mistake here and there. Even the best do that. It's about the general trend line and learning not to do certain things that lead to disaster. #2 kept compounding his mistakes and once the D-coordinators figured him out it was over. I'm sure most of the fan base will know in how the QB competes and learns from his mistakes. At least I hope they do. If we know, Heup will know much sooner. Cornbread never did. Which was the point I was making. The other QB's never got a fair shot to be developed into a system they could succeed in because he would not let that happen.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I have Hulu Live and am thinking about getting an ESPN+ subscription. It's only like $7/month....is it worth it?

I obviously like college sports, but I am also a big NHL and soccer fan.
If you’re a soccer fan, peacock is a must. 4.99 per month and every EPL game is broadcast there.

Oh what could've been if Pruitt had let Chaney be Chaney. Palmer, Jennings, and Callaway were heavily underutilized mainly due to Pruitt and JG. Should've focused on developing Shrout and throwing the ball 30+ times a game.

I am an outspoken critic of rehashing the failings of past staffs but if you can't put a large part of the blame on Chaney's fat bottom than you sir are living in the wrong reality.

I am an outspoken critic of rehashing the failings of past staffs but if you can't put a large part of the blame on Chaney's fat bottom than you sir are living in the wrong reality.
This…Cheney offensive system doesn’t work anymore every team in college is getting away from slow developing plays

Reality is Chaney was very underwhelming his 2nd go round. Did Pruitt have an influence? Probably. I'm sure he had conservative offensive tendencies being a defensive minded coach. Maybe Chaney wanted to throw the ball more? He most certainly did when he had Bray, Hunter, Patterson, and Rodgers. Would've been interesting to have seen what Shrout could've accomplished with more opportunities.

Why do feel that you need to post this? It’s like you would rather us go 6-6 so you can pound your chest and say “I told you so” than for us to go 8-4. I just don’t understand why people want to be killjoys.
To be honest I would Not be disappointed with 6-6, but you do you.
It ain't got anything to do with being a "killjoy"..I don't know about that guy, but for me it seems like the guys with inflated expectations are the worst ones to turn toxic when those expectations aren't met. I hope we win big, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance this year with so much change, uncertainty and depth problems.

But you do you..

I'm gonna be honest. I've been more proud and excited for this group of guys (Callaway, Jauan, Palmer, Trey Smith, Bryce Thompson) than a lot of other Vols in the NFL recently. They stuck through Knoxville during the hardest times. We always knew what caliber players they were, but they got mostly overlooked by the league. They worked hard, never lost confidence and just worked their way (or are working their way) into important roles for their teams. And they're 100% Vols.

That's nothing against guys like Kamara and Dobbs, I love those guys. Just prouder of/for these dudes for what they've done.

Do you know why Nebraska can't do well? It's because of this simple fact, WHO in their right mind would go to Nebraska to play football? There is nothing there. It's like Oregon for example.

Lol what. Lincoln is as big as Knoxville and Eugene is a major metropolitan city that is home to a few Fortune 500 companies like Nike.

It ain't got anything to do with being a "killjoy"..I don't know about that guy, but for me it seems like the guys with inflated expectations are the worst ones to turn toxic when those expectations aren't met. I hope we win big, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance this year with so much change, uncertainty and depth problems.

But you do you..
This is it. Some of the people pumping the most sunshine will be some of the most vicious if we don’t live up to the fantasy they’ve constructed.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Zaxby's signing Georgia's QB is 100% a shot at Chick-fil-a.

Chick-fil-a should turn around an sign the star player from every other SEC team and put their faces on billboards and commercials all over the Southeast.
It may backfire with every other fanbase refusing to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back