Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks GV, I'm good. I'm still around, just always too far behind to join in conversations.

I skip a lot and use my time to keep up with posters instead of the team. So, backwards as usual.
The bright side: with zero expectations and completely clueless, I can't be wrong about where we're headed!

Take that universe.

Good to see ya again Charger

Right. So it seems the bulk of the complaints are on those two inside backer positions. Banks, Mitchell, Harrison, Willis, Mohan, Garland, Beasley, and Page.

Pretty sure the outside linebackers are those edge types: Young, Baron, Eason, Joseph (though Joseph is much smaller than them), and smaller DL guys. It's an interesting group because they're all different sizes. Baron is 6-5 260. Eason is 6-3 290. Young is 6-3 245. Joseph is 6-2 215.
Thank you. I sure miss the days when my linebackers were linebackers, and my defensive ends were defensive ends.

I hope Milton is the truth and a superstar, but let’s not put so much on the young man and get disappointed if he isn’t a superstar. A good QB can get us to eight wins. Superstar QB, who really knows, but I would love it.
I'm just enjoying that there's a possibility while still praying for better than JG. That's a wide range to find happiness in. Relief>>>>to>>>>>Ecstatic

Thanks for asking and good timing.

Received update from the MRI yesterday, was waiting for my brother to share it publicly. Praise the Lord there is finally tangible evidence of shrinkage and parts of the disease that are not there anymore. This is FANTASTIC news. There seems to be a path out of the woods. Pray for his doctor’s wisdom who has developed a pretty unique pharmacological regimen. He’s really on quite the cocktail of stuff. As many of you unfortunately know cancer battles ar often one shuffle forward and a full leap back. But count this a dub for the young man. Without a doubt the best news he’s had in a year. My man Drew just out here meeting cancer across the middle. Boom💥

Thanks, everyone!
😀🧡🙌 So glad to hear this!

Exactly. Need to do this yesterday.

AP said yesterday he thinks Beckwith might not be physical enough to play TE or LB. It's gonna suck watching a freakish athlete go out there and only play special teams.

Not unheard of in this program. We are perennial champions at underutilizing talent. Alvin Kamara comes to mind off top.

Why do feel that you need to post this? It’s like you would rather us go 6-6 so you can pound your chest and say “I told you so” than for us to go 8-4. I just don’t understand why people want to be killjoys.
To be honest I would Not be disappointed with 6-6, but you do you.
They're afraid we will get them excited, and they obviously can't handle disappointment.

Thank you. I sure miss the days when my linebackers were linebackers, and my defensive ends were defensive ends.
I think it's partly because the defense is different from Pruitts but we are using the guys we have. Not sure. I think Harrison is also being used as an OLB/Edge role.

I guess the benefit is that we are lacking at the LB position and don't really have to fill out 4 LB spots. Just 2 or 3 because DEs and NB/S can fit the others? Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about. Banana.

I have Hulu Live and am thinking about getting an ESPN+ subscription. It's only like $7/month....is it worth it?

I obviously like college sports, but I am also a big NHL and soccer fan.
We have Hulu and friends and family share the account. We share the Netflix account with my parents. We share Disney+ with my friend. My parents haven't cut DirecTV yet, so we use their login for ESPN, NBC Sports, Fox Sports, and in the fall I get a CBS Sports account for SEC and NFL games then cancel at the end of the NFL season. I let friends use that login sometimes. It's a pretty effective system that saves everyone some money.

To help you though, if I didn't have the login for ESPN app, I would spend the money. Especially for college sports. Its the most-used sports app I have. The downfall to my system is that without ESPN+ I can't watch MLS games.

The overwhelming majority probably violated it in one way or the other
Not really, from what I am told most followed protocols. all the unknowns of Covid made it too risky. Especially risking players contracting and getting sidelined. Also the risk of lawsuits from players and family if players infected by negligence

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Do you know why Nebraska can't do well? It's because of this simple fact, WHO in their right mind would go to Nebraska to play football? There is nothing there. It's like Oregon for example.

Oh how they wish there was another Tom Osbourne out there.
They should've never forced Frank Solich out. He was no Osbourne but would've at least kept them winning 8 or 9 games per year. Maybe an outlier 10 or 11 win season every now and then. His career record was 58-19 at Nebraska and he went 9-3 his last season.

I have Hulu Live and am thinking about getting an ESPN+ subscription. It's only like $7/month....is it worth it?

I obviously like college sports, but I am also a big NHL and soccer fan.
Daughter renews my ESPN+ sub every Father’s Day. She’s grateful because I’m impossible to shop for.

Not unheard of in this program. We are perennial champions at underutilizing talent. Alvin Kamara comes to mind off top.
True but AK had undeniable talent at a specific position. Appears Beckwith/Whitehead may not. It's like throwing a freak basketball player onto the field. Great athlete...may not mean squat on the field though. Js

Reactions: pierce60
They should've never forced Frank Solich out. He was no Osbourne but would've at least kept them winning 8 or 9 games per year. Maybe an outlier 10 or 11 win season every now and then. His career record was 58-19 at Nebraska and he went 9-3 his last season.
Replacing a legend thing. Actually won more games in his first 6 seasons than either Osborne or Devaney. Just couldn’t maintain Osborne’s level of recruiting. That’s our arc if Patterson had been hired instead of Kiffin imo. Which no one would hate in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back