Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that he got kicked off for a victimless crime.
In other states they have already and are in process of making laws that prohibit cops from searching s car based off the smell of marijuana or burnt MJ.

Weed wasn't the only issue. I think he also was busted for license violation.

But I would think he was kicked off the team for a pattern of behavior, not weed.

Baseball is weird because you can dip out for the draft after 2 years instead of 3, and any year after the second. Plus, a lot of your commitments might never show up due to being drafted anyways. i couldn't imagine trying to maintain a college baseball roster. i couldn't do it on MVP Baseball 06 lol. Granted I was 10 years old.
Not quite. It's the same rule as college football. 3rd year or after they turn 21. That's why Beck and Gilbert are locks to be back.

'Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:

• High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
  • College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
  • Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed'

Not quite. It's the same rule as college football. 3rd year or after they turn 21. That's why Beck and Gilbert are locks to be back.

'Certain groups of players are ineligible for selection, generally because they are still in school. The basic categories of players eligible to be drafted are:

• High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
  • College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
  • Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed'
i could've sworn the rule was 2 years. But there's a JUCO powerhouse for baseball in my backyard in Spartanburg Methodist College, so maybe I got that mixed up.

I had a bad feeling, I knew in my gut that the season was going to be a nut punch during the Appy St game...it actually hit me as soon as Cam fumbled that punt. That's how clear it was in my mind, I have a bad memory now thanks to drugs, but I remember that feeling vividly.
Right there with you. The Cam fumble, the Preston Williams drop in the end zone, we just looked totally unprepared and different than 2015 when everything was clicking but we were just a year young.

Salter's dismissal is 100% justified and addition by subtraction in my mind. The fault is his for the decisions he made, however the bigger issue is that the program has to be strong enough for incoming freshmen to have the leeway and support to 'figure it out'. This only happens when we have stability in the program as a whole. I think that Coach Hype will be given the time to implement this structure, but until such time as that happens (2-3 years), there's no choice but to purge kids who are going to be distractions.
I’m sure he’ll have fun cruising around at 3:30 in the morning with drugs now that he doesn’t have football to distract him

In other states they have already and are in process of making laws that prohibit cops from searching s car based off the smell of marijuana or burnt MJ.
I'm pretty sure its his lack of decision making skills and the fact he was on probation from the 3 month suspension and on probation from the student council which will get him get suspended from the university for a year.

Kid number one coming tomorrow. Any fun fatherly advice from anyone in the thread?

Nothing changes your life like having kids. But it is well worth it.

You don't realize exactly how much you can love another human being until you hold your first child in your arms...

Salter was suspended, reprimanded, warned and counseled. They tried to help and mentor him, but it was one thing after another. He violated the UT Code of Conduct and SA substance abuse policy, was arrested twice on multiple charges, broke team rules and was a constant distraction. Maybe he'll do better elsewhere. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did, but he didn't give the coaches much choice.

Salter was suspended, reprimanded, warned and counseled. They tried to help and mentor him, but it was one thing after another. He violated the UT Code of Conduct and SA substance abuse policy, was arrested twice on multiple charges, broke team rules and was a constant distraction. Maybe he'll do better elsewhere. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did, but he didn't give the coaches much choice.

Tayven Jackson seems like the type of kid you would want to build your program around anyways

It's pretty clear that other things are more important to him than football. We tend to get torn up about the perceived loss of talent, but if the talent lacks the focus and discipline required to be a good team member, he probably will struggle to fully realize his potential. It's rarely as big a loss as it seems.

Honestly, I never counted on Salter seeing the field... at the rate he was going, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner... what a idiot. We even raise money to support his Dad/family and the kid can't even make it to fall...

We'll be fine at QB--- Let's all remember ANY QB we have right now is a better option than the last 4yrs of JG...
Just waiting for him to start advertising himself on social media to be the face of the program for someone

It's pretty clear that other things are more important to him than football. We tend to get torn up about the perceived loss of talent, but if the talent lacks the focus and discipline required to be a good team member, he probably will struggle to fully realize his potential. It's rarely as big a loss as it seems.
tell that to sex, cocaine and alcohol fiends The 1986 New York Mets

I doubt we know the whole story here. There could be other issues that were not made public. This was clearly the last straw, but we don't know how many other ones there were other than the one that he got suspended for.

They pausing rescue efforts on the collapsed building in Surfside due to a thunderstorm? That just seems wrong unless you know there isn’t a chance of pulling someone else out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back