Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure its his lack of decision making skills and the fact he was on probation from the 3 month suspension and on probation from the student council which will get him get suspended from the university for a year.
This right here all day every day. This was blantant disrespect to his coaches and teammates and shows a complete lack of humility. Dude needs to grow up and sometimes it takes a swift kick in the backside to make that happen.

It's pretty clear that other things are more important to him than football. We tend to get torn up about the perceived loss of talent, but if the talent lacks the focus and discipline required to be a good team member, he probably will struggle to fully realize his potential. It's rarely as big a loss as it seems.

Maybe going home will help him mature. I don't think it impacts UT much. He didn't come in with the discipline or the commitment to compete right away, he missed spring ball, and he hadn't practiced or shown the leadership or decision-making they're looking for in a QB. Expectations were already tempered.

So essentially you want to recruit great players not elite players?
Pretty much….. sometimes the elite players want to go to college and sometimes you are betting that the player won’t get the money that he wants to go pro. Example: Mookie Betts committed to come here but he was never playing college ball.

Reactions: Catbone
Nothing changes your life like having kids. But it is well worth it.

You don't realize exactly how much you can love another human being until you hold your first child in your arms...
And if you have a little girl you should know without a doubt that you can take someone else’s life if pushed.

why the hell couldnt we land Hugh Freeze or Lame Kiffin? We are going to be Vandy necks year!!

Sack up. (until kickoff then ill be right there with y'all).

So essentially you want to recruit great players not elite players?
Not that far from basketball. I mean...you can go the UK/Duke route and all...but the Nova, Baylor, Zaga squads have been going the furthest recently.

I actually like the bball strategy of getting a bulk of top 30-100 players and developing them. Sprinkle in the occasional lottery freshman for immediate impact. The "UK Way" just feels broken at this point.

tell that to sex, cocaine and alcohol fiends The 1986 New York Mets
Lol add the 90s Cowboys...my god their stories are things of legend. Absolute degenerates and were somehow simultaneously great.

If you ever get a chance to read "Boys Will be Boys" by Jeff Pearlman, it's a great read and will open anyone's eyes to how wild things get in the pros.

It seems unlikely they will do LNS and Neyland renovations at the same time, so one will get "priority" even if both are well intentioned and well funded.

No reason they can't move forward simultaneously. They're both phased projects. Neyland has some deferred maintenance and structural issues that need to be addressed, but that won't impact continuing with other facility renos. UT has a master plan. The baseball and softball facilities were always going to be updated, but plans for LNS are being upgraded beyond the original budget/plan.

No reason they can't do both simultaneously. They're both phased projects. Neyland has some deferred maintenance and structural issues that need to be addressed, but that won't impact moving forward with other facility renos. UT has a master plan. The baseball and softball facilities were always going to be updated, but plans for LNS are being upgraded beyond the original budget/plan.
hope it happens soon. baseball season tickets will be in insane demand

besides strawberry and gooden, they didn't have THAT many issues outside of the clubhouse. Maybe Keith Hernandez somewhat, but he was just a larger than life celebrity and drama happens to all of those types
Between 86-91 8 players from that team were arrested and Hernandez got in trouble with mlb for cocaine use.

Pretty much….. sometimes the elite players want to go to college and sometimes you are betting that the player won’t get the money that he wants to go pro. Example: Mookie Betts committed to come here but he was never playing college ball.
I’ve heard good baseball coaches say that you aren’t recruiting good enough players if you never lose someone to the draft. They say you need to be willing to lose 2-3 a year.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I’ve heard good baseball coaches say that you aren’t recruiting good enough players if you never lose someone to the draft. They say you need to be willing to lose 2-3 a year.
We do and will lose some to the draft….. I love Tony’s recruiting approach…. We over recruit and let the best guys make the team…. No one is guaranteed a spot from year to year….. it also drives Bruin crazy so that is also a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back