Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP, from Rivals.

Arik Gilbert

The LSU tight end is back in the Rumor Mill. Some expected him to be back at LSU this week as players arrived for summer workouts, but apparently he is not. Now I hear Georgia and Tennessee rumors again and don’t know what to think. Word is some in his family are OK with him back at LSU and some aren’t, but let’s be clear — this is a college decision and not his.

Who will take a chance on him without grades and with other off-field issues rumored? Georgia is home. The Vols have Harrison Bailey. LSU is where he has ex-teammate BJ Ojulari and comfort, but this is still up in the air. And no, Gators fans, your team isn’t in this anymore.
Ha! No Gators! Won't matter at GA.

You’re the narrative guy. You accuse me of being an SC fan yet you’re the one that keeps bringing them up over and over again while I’m trying to talk about our HC. SAD!

You've got Wonder Woman like deflecting skillz! Probably don't look as good in the outfit though.
iu

Our terrible 2016 defense helped that average out tremendously.

2017 was helped out by two lame duck teams in UF and us (and really a third because Arky fired bielema as he walked off the field after the Mizzou game)
So he took advantage of other team's weaknesses? Good!

So he took advantage of other team's weaknesses? Good!

Better than what we have done the last decade or so. We have a habit of losing to teams that look like pee wee teams against everyone else they play. I'll take beating other teams with there weaknesses for a start.

Thus you have come to the end of your ability to further your narrative. Goal posts have been moved as far as you could move them. You've argued against reality as much as was possible. So now you turn to a weak troll attempt. It was fun exposing you. Have a nice day.
I haven’t moved them at all. I think Heup’s offense is overrated. You don’t.

You got mad and accused me of being a troll on a website I’ve been on way longer than you. I think you’re a UGA troll doing a bit as an overly optimistic Vol fan

Just like how people think I'm a Georgia and Florida and Alabama fan. Lots of folks don't want to talk about football in a realistic way. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Realistic? As in let's talk about all the ways things can possibly go wrong because they will all go wrong for us for at least the next 100 years. And let's talk about how everything has went right for other teams so they will never lose another game to anyone especially never to us. Sounds like fun.

Okay, but that's not any different than the sunshine narrative, either. I could find posts of everyone in here talking about how awesome Pruitt is (myself included), but no one wants to bring that stuff up. Only difference is people are much more likely to throw receipts in your face when you are negative and wrong than positive and wrong.
Motive is what matters. Is your motive to type out everything negative that may happen so you can say "I told you so." Is your motive to type everything positive that may happen because you want it to happen?

Plenty of sunshine pumpers here, no doubt. I am one of them. But, they get laughed at constantly by the "realists." At the end of the day, this is a fan site. Not saying we should not welcome all opinions. Just saying that fans tend to be more optimistic about their own prospects.
Or why waste your time?

I said he might be. Heup might be to. Neither of those are “declarations”
Tomatoes potatoes. Lot more confidence in Beamer being a home run than Heupel being competent...and based on what evidence? Beamer’s never even been a coordinator much less a HC with a winning record...and that merits a “maybe” homerun for him as opposed to a tiresome “hope I’m wrong” for Heupel? I’m wait and see on this one but find myself jumping into the fray when false narratives about our current HC is pumped as fact.

Yep!

I'll say, I didn't have a great feeling about Pruitt when he came. But I hoped for the best and generally enjoyed the last half of the 2019 season, even after the first half shocked the final bit of naivete out of me regarding how far we'd fallen as a program.

But getting on a message board to foam and moan incessantly about my opinions of Pruitt and my thoughts on him seemed like a complete waste of time to me. I supported him up until the Kentucky game last year, and from there I just patiently waited to see how Tennessee would handle the transition. Seems easy enough to do.

Ultimately, this program needs stability more than anything else right now. I hope Heupel can last 6 years at least, even if he doesn't win any titles. That would do wonders for the program, including for our ability to hire a new coach.
Agree, but I hope Heupel is here at the least 6 years but many more.

Motive is what matters. Is your motive to type out everything negative that may happen so you can say "I told you so." Is your motive to type everything positive that may happen because you want it to happen?
Most people aren't positive because they want to go back later and brag about it. That's true. Didn't really think of it that way.

Better than what we have done the last decade or so. We have a habit of losing to teams that look like pee wee teams against everyone else they play. I'll take beating other teams with there weaknesses for a start.
Find it amazing that some see beating other teams by exposing their weaknesses as a weakness. That should be your goal. Especially if you can do it with less talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back