Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
not that it matters, but as a vet and with the way I was raised, I’ll stand for the national anthem when it’s played proudly to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for me and this country.. if some jackass wants to kneel or disrespect the anthem for whatever reason, they have the right to do so.. and I have the right to call them an idiot as they do it.. that’s what makes America great..

My only suggestion is, if you’re an athlete who wants to use your platform for change, why do something you know is going to piss the other side off.. kneeling doesn’t work.. 99% of the officers out there would gladly take time out of their day to have a conversation with the likes of Lebron, Kap, etc.. use your platform for open dialogue with the people who can make change.. broadcast those convo’s all over social media to your millions of followers.. build bridges instead of setting cities ablaze.. Just my two cents
This is wise advice

ALL LIVES MATTER, including those of the UNBORN! And for what it's worth, I wish the National anthem was America the Beautiful or better yet, God Bless America. But one thing is certain, at every event, sports or otherwise that I have attended where the anthem is performed, I remove my cap and stand and , as long as I'm physically able, I always will and the kneeling crap sickens me. God Help Us All!

No.... that’s not the case. It’s just no one does it.... what person has ever been flamed for saying he is a republican? Lol
This has to be a joke, right? I mean, this can’t be a serious take.

But since you don’t believe me, go ahead and tell me the right wing political statements involved in sports so that I can say the same thing, please keep politics out of my sports.

not that it matters, but as a vet and with the way I was raised, I’ll stand for the national anthem when it’s played proudly to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for me and this country.. if some jackass wants to kneel or disrespect the anthem for whatever reason, they have the right to do so.. and I have the right to call them an idiot as they do it.. that’s what makes America great..

My only suggestion is, if you’re an athlete who wants to use your platform for change, why do something you know is going to piss the other side off.. kneeling doesn’t work.. 99% of the officers out there would gladly take time out of their day to have a conversation with the likes of Lebron, Kap, etc.. use your platform for open dialogue with the people who can make change.. broadcast those convo’s all over social media to your millions of followers.. build bridges instead of setting cities ablaze.. Just my two cents
Because kneeling was never the issue. They didn’t like what they were kneeling about. If they were kneeling because cops needed to be treated better then it’s a non issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back