Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you keep making it worse. This is America. We celebrate our country. All of us. You know, just like every other country around the world.

The national anthem is not a partisan political statement. The fact that you’re trying to make some equivalency between the national anthem and political statements is beyond absurd

Not every athlete or fan is American so what if it bothers them like it bothers you to hear athletes bringing attention to the struggles black Americans face?

Reactions: Devo182
Not every athlete or fan is American so what if it bothers them like it bothers you to hear athletes bringing attention to the struggles black Americans face?
This is quite literally the most insane point of view on this topic I’ve ever heard. I mean... wow. How much do you hate America?

Way to “let it go”. 😏
Instead of saying “no politics period” just say that you don’t agree with the notion that black Americans face greater hardships than others. (I’m summarizing). That’s what I would rather hear because that is what bass and many others truly feel about the issue.

This is quite literally the most insane point of view on this topic I’ve ever heard. I mean... wow. How much do you hate America?

So you don’t have a rebuttal? Thank you for making my point. You just don’t like what the athletes are saying. If it was bass fisherman lives matter, you would have a tee shirt.

Instead of saying “no politics period” just say that you don’t agree with the notion that black Americans face greater hardships than others. (I’m summarizing). That’s what I would rather hear because that is what bass and many others truly feel about the issue.
No politics period. You don’t get to put words in my mouth. I don’t want politics involved in sports. Period. Doesn’t matter whose politics. The national anthem is not politics. The national anthem is a statement of unity. Trying to make it partisan politics because it fits your agenda is insanity

"Real BB"? Is that like "real FB" where guys mashed together with FBs and 9 man fronts and the forward pass didn't exist? Or "real war" where men marched towards one another until they could shoot each other point blank?

The game has simply evolved and moved toward what wins/is more efficient. If the sport doesn't like it, they should take the 3 point line away. But people like it. Nobody really wants to go back to jump shots, short shorts, and underhanded free throws.
It is f'n garbage

"Real BB"? Is that like "real FB" where guys mashed together with FBs and 9 man fronts and the forward pass didn't exist? Or "real war" where men marched towards one another until they could shoot each other point blank?

The game has simply evolved and moved toward what wins/is more efficient. If the sport doesn't like it, they should take the 3 point line away. But people like it. Nobody really wants to go back to jump shots, short shorts, and underhanded free throws.
Speak for yourself...... I do

not that it matters, but as a vet and with the way I was raised, I’ll stand for the national anthem when it’s played proudly to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for me and this country.. if some jackass wants to kneel or disrespect the anthem for whatever reason, they have the right to do so.. and I have the right to call them an idiot as they do it.. that’s what makes America great..

My only suggestion is, if you’re an athlete who wants to use your platform for change, why do something you know is going to piss the other side off.. kneeling doesn’t work.. 99% of the officers out there would gladly take time out of their day to have a conversation with the likes of Lebron, Kap, etc.. use your platform for open dialogue with the people who can make change.. broadcast those convo’s all over social media to your millions of followers.. build bridges instead of setting cities ablaze.. Just my two cents

not that it matters, but as a vet and with the way I was raised, I’ll stand for the national anthem when it’s played proudly to honor those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for me and this country.. if some jackass wants to kneel or disrespect the anthem for whatever reason, they have the right to do so.. and I have the right to call them an idiot as they do it.. that’s what makes America great..

My only suggestion is, if you’re an athlete who wants to use your platform for change, why do something you know is going to piss the other side off.. kneeling doesn’t work.. 99% of the officers out there would gladly take time out of their day to have a conversation with the likes of Lebron, Kap, etc.. use your platform for open dialogue with the people who can make change.. broadcast those convo’s all over social media to your millions of followers.. build bridges instead of setting cities ablaze.. Just my two cents

A cop did offer that time to LeBron, he didn’t give him the time of day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back