Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be back - unless he transfers on his own. They aren't kicking him off the team.

You just gotta remember he was recruited for a different system, is a true Freshman, and has missed the entire Spring. You just can't depend on him being ready to play this fall.

ZERO reason for him to have missed the entire spring

Reactions: VolByLaw
So they are all terrible, got it! SO, why bring in ANOTHER terrible QB?

"Well, Hooker, Maurer, and Bailey sucks, Salter likes pot, so how about we bring in Michigan's worst QB?"
Oh, no doubt. Milton sucks too. But at some point it just comes down to needing bodies.

I'd bet on Milton over Hooker and Maurer, that's for sure.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Oh yea i agree totally. They had to be expecting at least one QB to leave so this is essentially just confirming that imo. Could be wrong and everyone stays but that’s not what this feels like

None of this is a surprise, so guys have been weighing their options for a while. I know for sure one has. CJH wanted to bring in his own guy, and we have a roomful of QBs who could have good careers elsewhere. I've been saying for a while we're going to have guys leave after spring football.

Hooker has 2 years left. I could see multiple QB’s leave.
good grief so we're prognosticating the QB for next year already?

If Salter's decision is based on his family stuff, totally get it. If its based on discontent with QB room, lol, then he has no one to blame but himself. The opportunitity was there, and childish, selfish behaviour nixed that.

Salter has some maturing to do before he's ready to lead a team. He was primed for a RS year before his poor decisionmaking got him in trouble. Once a player is implicated in an active investigation for violations of the Student Code of Conduct, he has to be cleared to return to team activities. CJH chose to support him, but issues with the university have to be resolved as a matter of policy. Salter can learn a lesson and work hard to get back on track... or not.

Milton is the best QB in portal they could get? I don't want to lose Bailey for him. That is insane.

A coach who wants to win is gonna take a player he thinks could help without worrying which other player’s feelings may get hurt.

You want HB to be able to hold Heupel hostage on his decision making with the constant threat of hitting the portal?

So we have paid professionals with years of contacts inside and outside the program who can’t even get a practice report from a scrimmage, but all of a sudden about half a dozen posters on a message board (some with credibility) KNOW what’s going to happen with the QB position 4-5 months from now? Is this what I’m reading? Got it.

Y’all Joe Milton is crazy talented. Harbaugh hasn’t made a QB look good since Luck. With good coaching Milton has the potential to be special. He was getting crazy hype before last season. Didn’t go perfect but he definitely showed flashes. Has a cannon of an arm and is decisive with the ball. Heupel isn’t bringing Milton in because he thinks he can’t possibly contribute.

The downtown stadium is Boyd's vision.

LNS renos are Vitello's vision.

The two are not the same. They're actually very different.

Weekday games and other public events should be for the downtown stadium.

LNS should be the series games, camps, etc. but as far as moving them there, then no

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Hooker and Maurer aren't good.

Bailey has had one foot out the door for three months and everyone knows it. He also doesn't have the arm strength and decisiveness to run this offense. Maybe he can be coached into it if he stays - but I'd bet Georgia Tech comes calling.

Salter has missed the entire spring.

So when you look at it, it's very easy to see why Heupel is worried about the QB room. It's been obvious from the jump.
It is only easy if people agree with your assessments on the other three QB. I am not disagreeing but definitely do not agree with these at this point.

Reactions: OrangenSC
A coach who wants to win is gonna take a player he thinks could help without worrying which other player’s feelings may get hurt.

You want HB to be able to hold Heupel hostage on his decision making with the constant threat of hitting the portal?

One the first part. Duh.

On the second part, you really think any QB can hold a coach hostage? Coach Hype is going to play the best QB period whoever that is. if HB is to leave I am sure the hand writing will be on the wall for him to male that decision. Hold a coach hostage is really a silly statement cause the HC is going to what is best for the team. With that being said that wasn't even my point. My point is I don't think Milton is a good trade off it it does mean losing HB.

Milton looks like JG 2.0. If he's the solution then I might just rather keep the problem.

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back