Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Milton would be as well

We don’t even know if Milton will play yet. Added competition for the QB room.

HB has now fallen behind under 2 different staffs. Can’t continue to blame Pruitt’s inability to notice a QB when Heup has proven his own ability with QBs.

And I thought HB was gonna be the man

Reactions: jlawso21
Completion % (or lack there of) is what really did in JG last season especially. Maurer isn't durable enough or explosiveness running the ball for it to be overlooked like with Dobbs.

I feel like people like Maurer cause he's got moxy or swagger, and I like that about him too. If he was at UCF and Heupel was there he'd absolutely be starting for him.

But he's at UT and Hooker, Salter, Bailey and now Milton all are in the same room. As the other guys adjust to what this offense is and what the staff wants from them I think you see Maurer slide backwards on the depth chart. I expect he transfers out honestly, with the 1 time rule passing. I'm also worried that Bailey may do it as well.

But it really didn’t tho. It’s not like JG got less accurate. He had a higher completion clip in 2020 than he did in 2019 and it was the same as 2018. Chaney just was dead set on forcing the ball downfield. If you go back and watch our route trees last year it’s way too vertical. This chart doesn’t really do it justice Bc it doesn’t have any context tied to the throws but you you can see where his struggles were and Chaney continued to ask him to things he just wasn’t good at. 1618839403294.jpeg

It could also play into them expecting at least one QB to leave and just wanting to keep a full QB room too.

They wanted a transfer QB who fits their profile. Milton left Michigan to start somewhere else. He expects to be the guy.

But yes, guys will leave. Milton has three years of eligibility.

If the media reports are true and Bailey isn’t front runner for the QB1 job then my money is on him leaving.

Rumors out there that Salter isn't gonna stick around. Also keep in mind Hooker isn't a QB that this staff accepted. He's got one year left and I could see him jumping ship if there isn't a clear path for him (which there isn't).

I'm not sure Salter is coming back guys
He'll be back - unless he transfers on his own. They aren't kicking him off the team.

You just gotta remember he was recruited for a different system, is a true Freshman, and has missed the entire Spring. You just can't depend on him being ready to play this fall.

They wanted a transfer QB who fits their profile. Milton left Michigan to start somewhere else. He expects to be the guy.

But yes, guys will leave. Milton has three years of eligibility.

Oh yea i agree totally. They had to be expecting at least one QB to leave so this is essentially just confirming that imo. Could be wrong and everyone stays but that’s not what this feels like

Reactions: LA Vol
Rumors out there that Salter isn't gonna stick around. Also keep in mind Hooker isn't a QB that this staff accepted. He's got one year left and I could see him jumping ship if there isn't a clear path for him (which there isn't).
Hooker has 2 years left. I could see multiple QB’s leave.

Reactions: Vols4us
If Milton is joining the team, it really makes you think about just how bad our qb recruiting has been. It's the most important position on the team and Pruitt left us with apparently very little at the position. Don't know much about Milton other than he's a Florida kid, but I'd wager Heupel knows him very, very well. What I don't get is why he wasn't here for all of spring ball? Seems like he'd really want/need that time with his new team. Odd.
You may be right, but I'd be careful reading too much into Jermy's QB recruiting....

Edit: Oh yea, and let's not forget QB development under Pruitt......

Hooker and Maurer aren't good.

Bailey has had one foot out the door for three months and everyone knows it. He also doesn't have the arm strength and decisiveness to run this offense. Maybe he can be coached into it if he stays - but I'd bet Georgia Tech comes calling.

Salter has missed the entire spring.

So when you look at it, it's very easy to see why Heupel is worried about the QB room. It's been obvious from the jump.

But it really didn’t tho. It’s not like JG got less accurate. He had a higher completion clip in 2020 than he did in 2019 and it was the same as 2018. Chaney just was dead set on forcing the ball downfield. If you go back and watch our route trees last year it’s way too vertical. This chart doesn’t really do it justice Bc it doesn’t have any context tied to the throws but you you can see where his struggles were and Chaney continued to ask him to things he just wasn’t good at. View attachment 363193

Yeah I should have prefaced that with JG's deep ball completion % was what killed him. Since it's what Chaney wanted to do.

Good numbers though Hank, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: HankHill
Hooker and Maurer aren't good.

Bailey has had one foot out the door for three months and everyone knows it. He also doesn't have the arm strength and decisiveness to run this offense. Maybe he can be coached into it if he stays - but I'd bet Georgia Tech comes calling.

Salter has missed the entire spring.

So when you look at it, it's very easy to see why Heupel is worried about the QB room. It's been obvious from the jump.

So they are all terrible, got it! SO, why bring in ANOTHER terrible QB?

"Well, Hooker, Maurer, and Bailey sucks, Salter likes pot, so how about we bring in Michigan's worst QB?"

Can’t read it. His 1990’s website makes my eyes bleed.

lol. It's a struggle for sure and I spend only a few seconds scanning it when I am bored. But saw the photo of the 4th grade kids with HR balls from Saturday's game and was hooked in. Then read the story about Evan Russell spending time with them after the game it made it worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back