Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but as a Tennessean we are a little bit different than most. Here are a few things to try to understand.

When we ask how ya doing, we really want to know and if we can help we will.

We don't like to be told to do anything but if you ask for our help you'll get it.

We say yes Ma'am and no Ma'am, yes Sir and no Sir out of respect and we don't mind, that's how we were raised

We pull over on the side of the road when a funeral procession comes by out of respect for the person and the family and it doesn't matter if we knew them or not.

On back roads when you pass somebody, you wave.

We know how to hunt and fish and clean and cook what we get.

We take pride in our gardens even if it consist of one tomato plant.

We REALLY like pick-up trucks A LOT.

If we invite you to our home what we have is yours but being from here you would never use something that's not yours without asking.

We like slow and simple and will usually pick old over new.

Mammanims is MOMMA and Thems.

Over yonder could be 100 ft or 10 miles.

We have Hose Pipe's not Garden Hose's and we have all drank out of them.

Ain't mean's I AM NOT GOING TOO.

Small towns don't usually have clubs or bars they have Beer Joints.

We as true Tennesseans want to be treated like we treat someone else no more and no less.

We will always be leery of someone new but if you show you have some common sense and don't want to hooddoo somebody we will take you in as one of our on but until then remember we are just seeing if you'll "fit in" or want to hoodoo somebody.

Hoodoo means take advantage of someone.

And the one thing above all, we are proud of our State, hopeful for our futures and we really care about each other and don't like change just for the sake of change we kinda like who we are.

And remember you are either a TENNESSEE VOL or someone that wishes they were.
1618617434527.gif

Reactions: TheMagnificantOne
As a transplant myself, and one who is friends with many other transplants, it’s because of the weather. Not taxes, not laws or politics, not new v old or any other nonsense. Weather. People hate snow lol
People that move from California to Tennessee don't move because of the weather they move because of the taxes, the increasing homeless population and the bat ship crazy politics that kept businesses (and the whole state) shut down long enough to help the big chain business( that was allowed to stay open) and close all the small independent businesses that weren't allowed to do business, if it was just the weather I would still be in California.

I don’t want to keep the Keaton threads at the top because they can just drift off the first page and into irrelevancy, as they chose today... BUT

For the Kentucky fans that came here bowing their chests: this is how pathetic Kentucky is....

Tennessee has been a dumpster fire for ten plus years. To the point where even Missouri and Vanderbilt are .500 against us. But over that same time, we’re still 7-3 versus Kentucky. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back