Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
not being an ass. have you considered tyring to put together a zoom trivia deal on social media? i mean, we used to do that kind of thing back in college via AIM. #dork brigade

now you youngsters have all these new found toys like the Googleschrome! seriously its like kids come out the womb knowing how to work a cell phone.
Who you calling young??

Exactly. Which Boyd is in the process of doing. A new, state of the art minor league ballpark with big seating capacity in downtown Knoxville that they will share with the Smokies. Add in more money for Voltello and he will stay IMO.
Yeah I feel if we give him everything he needs here....... pay him top of the line money...... I don’t feel like he will jump for Arkansas or LSU.

Exactly. Which Boyd is in the process of doing. A new, state of the art minor league ballpark with big seating capacity in downtown Knoxville that they will share with the Smokies. Add in more money for Voltello and he will stay IMO.
Would having to share a facility (even if it is an upgrade over LNS) not be a turn off for him vs a place like LSU with a state of the art facility on campus?

Off campus stadiums suck. Not an upgrade IMO. No matter the "bells and whistles"

On what grounds though? These universities are staunchly liberal. Unless every governor aligns in this, how do we move forward? These universities do not make decisions that doesn’t involve the state. State legislators have to be simpatico. Maybe I’m overthinking this.

I think both of you are right. There are about 20 states and growing so far that are not going to go down with the sell-out to wokeness. They have legislatures that have taken open and active stances against it. Most of them are in the south with Missouri heading the same direction. Some in the Midwest and others sprinkled around the western states. Governors are having their vetos overridden. Ask Hutchison in Arkansas.

When the ACC goes with the SEC, the end of the NCAA's reign of terror will be happening. The woke university leaders in the SEC and ACC will have no choice if they want to retain their jobs.

With daughters who were in HS sports - I think the NCAA's stance is reprehensible and makes me despise them even more than I already did. As far as Sankey having more power - so what? The conference members determine his employment or not. If they don't want to experience the Birmingham bias they can do something about it. The demise of the NCAA would be the perfect opportunity to change it all as necessary. Let Bama have their own conference of mental midgets if they want to Texas the SEC. That's what the B12 did and they lost a lot of their allure and stature in football.

On what grounds though? These universities are staunchly liberal. Unless every governor aligns in this, how do we move forward? These universities do not make decisions that doesn’t involve the state. State legislators have to be simpatico. Maybe I’m overthinking this.
I think it is coming. I don't think it will be easy. I think the SEC will get their ducks in a row and talk to other conferences and either strongarm the NCAA or leave.

I think both of you are right. There are about 20 states and growing so far that are not going to go down with the sell-out to wokeness. They have legislatures that have taken open and active stances against it. Most of them are in the south with Missouri heading the same direction. Some in the Midwest and others sprinkled around the western states. Governors are having their vetos overridden. Ask Hutchison in Arkansas.

When the ACC goes with the SEC, the end of the NCAA's reign of terror will be happening. The woke university leaders in the SEC and ACC will have no choice if they want to retain their jobs.

With daughters who were in HS sports - I think the NCAA's stance is reprehensible and makes me despise them even more than I already did. As far as Sankey having more power - so what? The conference members determine his employment or not. If they don't want to experience the Birmingham bias they can do something about it. The demise of the NCAA would be the perfect opportunity to change it all as necessary. Let Bama have their own conference of mental midgets if they want to Texas the SEC. That's what the B12 did and they lost a lot of their allure and stature in football.

Good post.

This Eddie George TSU stuff is interesting. He is putting together a heck of a group of coaches that can mentor young men. Eddie, Fishers, Hue Jackson, peerless price, rod woodson.... that will be enticing to kids. It also is a staff that makes you wonder if successful how long would they stick around as Eddie is a guy that people will want at high major level if he succeeds

Would having to share a facility (even if it is an upgrade over LNS) not be a turn off for him vs a place like LSU with a state of the art facility on campus?

JMO - not with its close proximity to campus with all the bells and whistles it will have. Sharing some facilities with professional ball players can also have advantages. The guys talk to each other and get a good picture of what to expect at the next level. Most all college players would love to make it to the pros. I'm sure Boyd and Voltello are on the same page with the plans. Boyd is a visionary type guy.

JMO - not with its close proximity to campus with all the bells and whistles it will have. Sharing some facilities with professional ball players can also have advantages. The guys talk to each other and get a good picture of what to expect at the next level. Most all college players would love to make it to the pros. I'm sure Boyd and Voltello are on the same page with the plans. Boyd is a visionary type guy.
Cool, thank you.

Trans is an ugly word today, LOL.

I’m confused as to why there is so much outrage over not wanting men pretending to be women in women sports. Are these folks even putting themselves in the shoes of the girls that will be uncomfortable in locker room or forgetting how sick some people are to pretend to be trans just to be allowed in private settings? People are inviting sexual harassment/assault and don’t even realize it

I shudder to think about someone like Greg Sankey having even more power. We would be totally controlled from Birmingham.
ESPN commentators, heck even VQ frothed over how hes handled things. Top to bottom he is legit worst commissioner we've ever seen. Refuses to take any stand on any issues social or not, even down to officiating unless it impacts AL, FL, or GA.0

This Eddie George TSU stuff is interesting. He is putting together a heck of a group of coaches that can mentor young men. Eddie, Fishers, Hue Jackson, peerless price, rod woodson.... that will be enticing to kids. It also is a staff that makes you wonder if successful how long would they stick around as Eddie is a guy that people will want at high major level if he succeeds

Eddie has a loooooong way to go be a high major coach. Even if he succeeds at Tennessee St.

I’m confused as to why there is so much outrage over not wanting men pretending to be women in women sports. Are these folks even putting themselves in the shoes of the girls that will be uncomfortable in locker room or forgetting how sick some people are to pretend to be trans just to be allowed in private settings? People are inviting sexual harassment/assault and don’t even realize it
How about the fact they don't want a bunch of "guys" beating their a$$ on the field, course, or track?

I swear, I'm going to wear a little skort and try to qualify for the women's US Open. I mean, who can stop me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back