Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you believe reports that Tennessee is emphasizing a diversity hire for the DC position?
Probably. Not sure. I just want to get a good one. If we get one and we were emphasizing diversity and said DC does not work out, then people can bitch about it.

Hubb didn’t say it directly but he made the comment that you can look at the list of names that have been mentioned and make your own conclusions aka yes it’s true but I won’t say it since it’s controversial. Doug M said it this morning per someone here too. It’s beyond obvious and basically we are being told “I want an opportunity just not your opportunity” then will hear about how there are no opportunities

At this point, no one should say that we have not given minority candidates a chance. I don't think people will say that, even if we hire a white guy.

Last I checked, Todd Orlando is white, so there are clearly holes in the whole we are dead set on making a DC minority hire narrative. I think people are putting an unnecessary racial spin on this story and none of us know what's actually going on here.

Conklin has had some interest also. I doubt it is only coming from him.

Probably. Not sure. I just want to get a good one. If we get one and we were emphasizing diversity and said DC does not work out, then people can bitch about it.
Skin color should never be the primary consideration for the job. It's not about whether we hire black, white, yellow, green, or purple. A person's skin tone does not make them more or less qualified for the job. You don't limit your hiring pool because you want someone of a certain race. That's racism in and of itself. People speaking up aren't opposed to hiring a black DC, they're opposed to the idea that we're limiting ourselves to only black candidates. Now some people believe that's not true, which is fine. I don't really know one way or the other. But it has been implied that it's what UT is doing. If so, it's wrong.

It was a club sport back in the 80s. I would guess that is what it is now.
My son's best friend was the enforcer on the UT hockey team about 20 years ago. My understanding it was like an intramural team and several SEC colleges had a team. I went to several games in Knoxville and even tho I'm not much of a hockey fan, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Try it, you will like it.

When you have a front 4 that just beat up Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes you don’t have to blitz. I think the Super Bowl finally showed the kryptonite to the Spread, and that is an elite front 4 where you can drop 7.
They didn't "just figure out" how to beat the spread, the blueprint for it has been around since the old run and shoot days.

The answer is the same as it has always been, it is just that extremely few teams have a front four good and disruptive enough to stop the spread teams that have good-great OLs, QBs and playmakers.

They didn't "just figure out" how to beat the spread, the blueprint for it has been around since the old run and shoot days.

The answer is the same as it has always been, it is just that few teams have a front four good and disruptive enough to stop the spread teams that have good-great OLs, QBs and playmakers.
Good post my friend and you are absolutely spot on.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Hubb didn’t say it directly but he made the comment that you can look at the list of names that have been mentioned and make your own conclusions aka yes it’s true but I won’t say it since it’s controversial. Doug M said it this morning per someone here too. It’s beyond obvious and basically we are being told “I want an opportunity just not your opportunity” then will hear about how there are no opportunities
man Hubbs gets a ton of criticism on here. He really is the best at his craft.

Reactions: Jersey Vol
Do the amount of skittles happen to coincide with minutes logged on VN? Asking for a friend.
Potentially. I have noticed after a hand full I seem to post things, some more lucid than others and I only have foggy dream like recollection of doing so........After thinking about I would say yes.... yes definitely it does.

Reactions: TennacJed
True, but it’s very rare to be able to get pressure with just 4. It’s one thing to win against a GB or KC by outscoring them or give 1000 up yards, but to shutdown those offenses the way they did is incredible. I kind of expect there to be a movement to try and move more athletes to the edge on D to try and replicate what the Bucs just did. Not saying edge rushers haven’t always been a huge priority, I just expect more prospects to be molded into that position.
That is also why KC missing both OTs was huuuuuge. KC was absolutely destroyed on the flanks, and it caused their whole OL to roll up.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Poor old Doug has lost his info source and he appears to be getting what little info he has to form his opinions now from somebody that is less connected than most insiders on this site. He is doing nothing but speculating and hoping as most "UT INSIDERS" to stay relevant. He may know a lot of the old boosters and a coach or two but there is a new group up there on The Hill and they aren't as free with the info and telling everybody what they are doing and that's a good thing. The Sports Media in general need to understand that the only thing worse than no info is false info.
It's not just Doug---everyone has lost their source. Now it's just a bunch of guys reporting what they think people want to hear. When our AD wants information out, it'll probably be through Pete Thamel.

The answer is the same as it has always been, it is just that extremely few teams have a front four good and disruptive enough to stop the spread teams that have good-great OLs, QBs and playmakers.
Agreed. If KC had not neen missing Fisher and Osemele, they probably win.
Andy Reid: Chiefs' offensive line isn't pretty, but it's scrappy - ProFootballTalk

Skin color should never be the primary consideration for the job. It's not about whether we hire black, white, yellow, green, or purple. A person's skin tone does not make them more or less qualified for the job. You don't limit your hiring pool because you want someone of a certain race. That's racism in and of itself. People speaking up aren't opposed to hiring a black DC, they're opposed to the idea that we're limiting ourselves to only black candidates. Now some people believe that's not true, which is fine. I don't really know one way or the other. But it has been implied that it's what UT is doing. If so, it's wrong.

I don’t care if the new DC is white black purple or green. Wait a minute......purple or green .... come on you gotta draw the line somewhere. A6528F3F-B98F-4233-9412-B1208D6029B9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back