Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC: Bob Shoop
DL: Garner
LB: Jancek
DB: Clinkscale
Safeties: Martinez (they seem hell bent on bringing him)

I think this would be a strong staff so I doubt it happens. Bob Shoop is a great DC who was ruined by meddling Butch. He would fit what JH wants.

Reactions: TennacJed
DC: Bob Shoop
DL: Garner
LB: Jancek
DB: Clinkscale
Safeties: Martinez (they seem hell bent on bringing him)

I think this would be a strong staff so I doubt it happens. Bob Shoop is a great DC who was ruined by meddling Butch. He would fit what JH wants.

So who ruined Shoop Y2 at Miss St?

Reactions: butchna
I know Willie Martinez has his flaws and perhaps it’s been posted, but he may have two guys he coached go in the top 50 of the NFL draft this year (Richie Grant and Aaron Robinson).

Tennessee has only had two defensive backs drafted since Eric Berry, both going 85th and 94th (Sutton and Gaulden) - do you know who recruited and developed those two guys? Willie Martinez.

I’m good with him being our secondary coach.

Hubbs has said DW is involved in the hire but I haven’t seen him say he was pushing a minority hire.

Hubb didn’t say it directly but he made the comment that you can look at the list of names that have been mentioned and make your own conclusions aka yes it’s true but I won’t say it since it’s controversial. Doug M said it this morning per someone here too. It’s beyond obvious and basically we are being told “I want an opportunity just not your opportunity” then will hear about how there are no opportunities

I know Willie Martinez has his flaws and perhaps it’s been posted, but he may have two guys he coached go in the top 50 of the NFL draft this year (Richie Grant and Aaron Robinson).

Tennessee has only had two defensive backs drafted since Eric Berry, both going 85th and 94th (Sutton and Gaulden) - do you know who recruited and developed those two guys? Willie Martinez.

Hope not

Could do a lot worse. He is a solid dude to mentor kids as well. I’d be down with him and McCleskey pairing. Martinez coached Safties for UCF

Reactions: UTJoe
I see all these names that have been thrown around for DC over the last few weeks and everybody thinks they know who the best person would be, Let me ask a few questions and make one suggestion. First, who else in the country runs the type of offense JH plans to at UT and who has had the most success and finished in the top 10 or 15 consistently over the last 5 years and who was their DC ? My suggestion is target their DC or someone exactly like them because their Offensive and Defensive game plans compliment each other evidently.

The constant parade of names is interesting and many are well known but if their style does not go with what we are planning to do it will never work . That is the main reason I think a long drawn out search is a good thing. I really believe it has much more to do with fit than anything else. We hear all of the names that have supposedly turned down the job but really none of us know what is going on or who they are talking too or what they are talking about.

Reactions: TennacJed and UTJoe
So who ruined Shoop Y2 at Miss St?
Lol. You mean when the whole staff was fired? Are you just going to look at one bad head with a lame duck coach? How about three years of top 25 defenses at Vandy and top fifteen and top ten at Penn Stste? Or top defense his first year at MSU when he was up for the Broyles award.

Lol. You mean when the whole staff was fired? Are you just going to look at one bad head with a lame duck coach? How about three years of top 25 defenses at Vandy and top fifteen and top ten at Penn Stste? Or top defense his first year at MSU when he was up for the Broyles award.
Defense caving was a big reason Moorhead only lasted two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back