Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as he ends up doing a good job then it doesn’t matter what plan he is.
The further down the list we go, the higher the chance of it not working in the long run, IMO. I'll always hope for the best, but you guys are doing the same exact thing we did when we hired Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt, and that's acting like everything is AOK and going to work out just fine. Pardon me if I have a different opinion and am not convinced it's all hunky-dorey.

Basilio is saying candidate 8. That is so dumb. If he really believes that, he is not credible at all. Just think about it, what other names have we heard with this DC hire? We have seen nothing like this with Washington? Now, is it possible that they sent a lot feelers out and had several guys say they aren't interested, that's possible. But they haven't targeted 7 guys like they have Washington and tried to hire them. That's ridiculous. We would've heard that.
He has to run with something because he doesn't have anyone inside with this new regime. He's just throwin' names out that someone else has mentioned in tweets.

To be fair if we hire a minority it's a diversity hire. You're reading into what that means based on your own personal experiences/assumptions (we all do this, nothing personal). But by definition any minority or female coach hire is going to be a diversity hire.

Kodi Burns is a diversity hire, but that doesn't mean the hire had anything to do with Kodi's race.

Some people are easily triggered by the term "diversity." They would stroke out if they sat in meetings at UT-- or any large institution-- where diversity programs and policies are discussed and executed. It's a huge leap to assume hiring minorities means settling, making a bad hire or discounting a person's qualifications-- yet some are quick to leap, eager to assume and determined to take umbrage while doing it.

Basilio is saying candidate 8. That is so dumb. If he really believes that, he is not credible at all. Just think about it, what other names have we heard with this DC hire? We have seen nothing like this with Washington? Now, is it possible that they sent a lot feelers out and had several guys say they aren't interested, that's possible. But they haven't targeted 7 guys like they have Washington and tried to hire them. That's ridiculous. We would've heard that.
Yeah, I think most of that 7 haven't gotten past the initial feelers to agents that were politely turned away before any interviews or money were discussed.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Some people are easily triggered by the term "diversity." They would stroke out if they sat in meetings at UT-- or any large institution-- where diversity programs and policies are discussed and executed. It's a huge leap to assume hiring minorities means settling, making a bad hire or discounting a person's qualifications-- yet some are quick to leap, eager to assume and determined to take umbrage while doing it.
To be fair..... didn’t the diversity head at UT put out a thing about proper pronouns or something like that..... it’s ok to question their judgement.

Who in the world ever said that hiring a minority means any of those things?

Reactions: Vols4us
Okay fine. I’ll take the DC job for half of what they are offering Washington. It’s the least I could do.

I'm the defensive coordinator for our middle school program and we've only lost one game since 2015 and in 2018 we only gave up 18 points in eight games. Just thought I would throw my hat in the ring...

I'll work for a measly $250k without incentives.

Unrelated, but one of the boys I coached on that 2018 team now has offers from UGA, SC, VT, A&M, NCST, MSU, Louisville, PSU, UNC, and WV. Really hoping CJH gives him a call soon.

Reactions: loservol

Things like this is why people call him a clown. He runs with anything. It’s like saying if you call Saban, Urban, Gruden, Tomlin etc to say hey just calling to see if your interested then your on candidate 8. Their aren’t 7 people that got deep into talks and have turned down a million plus. You cast a wide net to gauge interest then narrow targets to focus on

Brice just said there were three candidates. The first two weren't very interested, so they went after Al Washington. That makes sense. The idea that we've tried to hire 8 people is absurd. That hasn't happened
If you’re not getting turned down atleast once with these kinds of searches, you’re not shooting high enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back