Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, Washington is the right hire for DC, but whether he is or not, I wanna take him away from OSU. Obviously, OSU wants to keep him and thinks he is a rising star. So, taking him away from the Buckeyes is another power play, saying UT doesn't eff around, anymore, imo. I'm all for it, open up the bank vault, spend that F U money

The way OSU is fighting to keep him pretty much seals the deal for me. They're telling him he's effectively their guy of the future (sounds like because the current setup is to appease boosters), so why not be our guy of right now? hell, bama didn't put up a fight at all for pruitt lol.

In a weird sort of way I think the old adage you get what you pay for mostly aligns with what we spend on coaches relative to everyone else in the conference. jmo.

All these numbers come from the USA Today database that tracks all coaching salaries across the country. At the top you have Alabama, then the next 12 teams are broken into groups of 3 for each tier, and then at the bottom you have Vanderbilt.

When the media suggests that we as Tennessee fans are not being realistic and Tennessee is not that attractive of a job anymore, well, we sort of have fallen behind in more ways than one. jmo.

These numbers are sourced and I'm putting this out here so hopefully a few more fans will start to understand we may need to be investing more money into compensation if we want to attract coaches that tend to be more associated with better performing programs. jmo.

ScreenHunter 661.png

That's pretty good. You come up with that?

No, it’s not.

When Jesus was nailed to a cross, were we expected to bear the consequences we deserved, or were we covered in boundless grace, mercy and forgiveness? Don’t answer that publicly. Just let it marinate.

We are all accountable before God and will give account for our iniquities, but if we cannot forgive others, why should we expect Christ to forgive us?

You want good? You want love? You want truth?

Or....

Do you want to get even? Keep score? Chastise and smear?

In a weird sort of way I think the old adage you get what you pay for mostly aligns with what we spend on coaches relative to everyone else in the conference. jmo.

All these numbers come from the USA Today database that tracks all coaching salaries across the country. At the top you have Alabama, then the next 12 teams are broken into groups of 3 for each tier, and then at the bottom you have Vanderbilt.

When the media suggests that we as Tennessee fans are not being realistic and Tennessee is not that attractive of a job anymore, well, we sort of have fallen behind in more ways than one. jmo.

These numbers are sourced and I'm putting this out here so hopefully a few more fans will start to understand we may need to be investing more money into compensation if we want to attract coaches that tend to be more associated with better performing programs. jmo.

View attachment 349698
I cant believe how much Coach O makes. He's not very good.

No, it’s not.

When Jesus was nailed to a cross, were we expected to bear the consequences we deserved, or were we covered in boundless grace, mercy and forgiveness? Don’t answer that publicly. Just let it marinate.

We are all accountable before God and will give account for our iniquities, but if we cannot forgive others, why should we expect Christ to forgive us?

Or....

So close all prisons?

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
No, it’s not.

Or....

oh so we can all skip confession now? dope.

View attachment 349698
Lol vandy teir 14 💀

then stop using said word in ALL songs including cRAP

I’m gonna avoid the first topic bc it’s late and I don’t have the energy.

But rap....

Just bc you don’t personally relate to the source material doesn’t make it crap. Although there is some crap, just like with all genres.

Rap is amazing. Country is amazing. Rock is amazing. Folk is amazing. Jazz is amazing.

Don’t be a hater. Sh*t is good.

while i am decidedly not plussed about the thought of martinez coming back, im starting to think its just colored by the way the butch jones era ended. he's apparently been pretty effective at UCF:

Martinez helped push the Knights to a No. 34 total defensive ranking in 2019—59 ranking spots better than in 2017, the year before he arrived in Orlando. The UCF pass defense yardage average fell below 200 yards for the first time since 2014—as the Knights improved their NCAA ranking in that category by 83 slots over two seasons. The UCF secondary helped the Knights lead the nation in tackles for loss in 2019 (9.0 per game) while also ranking third in team pass efficiency defense and fifth in third-down conversion defense. UCF’s passing yards allowed figure in 2019 (199.5) marks the best for the Knights since 2014. The defense also ranked third in the nation in passes defended and fifth in opponents' yards per play.

I am sitting trying to maintain my equanimity having relatively deployed the great Lou Bond whom I once saw perform in a small coffee house in the Cooper-Young district, he recently having returned from a stand in Paris.

I fear the shadow of my Roshi has befallen me and that he will discipline me with a wallup over the head with a 2" x 4". I break my concentration and whirl my head around to contumaciouly check my teacher with my eyes. His arm is raised to strike me but instead of a 2" x 4" he grasps a whispy willow fond which he brings against my shoulder. Suddenly I awaken. I am merely awaiting a DC announcement. Time for bed.

I think we as a society just need to drop the n word completely. That can be done a few ways, either it loses its meaning OR it's removed/shamed everywhere. Country artist drunk says it = hot water, Rap artist says it = hot water, Actor, Athlete, etc. true equality is everyone using the term receives the same treatment for it and that's one way you can eliminate its power.

I think Terry Crews had a great position on this.

Last edited:
I’m gonna avoid the first topic bc it’s late and I don’t have the energy.

But rap....

Just bc you don’t personally relate to the source material doesn’t make it crap. Although there is some crap, just like with all genres.

Rap is amazing. Country is amazing. Rock is amazing. Folk is amazing. Jazz is amazing.

Don’t be a hater. Sh*t is good.

No, rap is truly terrible. Not only can hardly a word be understood, but it propagates terrible values and behaviors.

while i am decidedly not plussed about the thought of martinez coming back, im starting to think its just colored by the way the butch jones era ended. he's apparently been pretty effective at UCF:

I supported your stance on the Morgan debate...I’m a first amendment absolutist but the record label made business/financial decision. At the end of the day these for profit companies do what’s in their best interest for the almighty dollar.

But but defending Willie Martinez crosses a line.

I supported your stance on the Morgan debate...I’m a first amendment absolutist but the record label made business/financial decision. At the end of the day these for profit companies do what’s in their best interest for the almighty dollar.

But but defending Willie Martinez crosses a line.

Morgan's record sales have soared SINCE he was dropped though, that's the weirdest part...Amid Industry Rebukes, Morgan Wallen’s Album Stays No. 1

Oddly enough, on the same label that dropped him. (so they ain't exactly hurting financially...dropping him may have increased sales actually)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back