Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Basilio has a good source on this, but maybe a bit premature on the decision being made. I believe it will be Brice or Feldman who reports if anything is done one way or the other.
May have a good source or may have heard a small rumor and ran with it.

Reactions: VFLBerg
Steele has been persona non grata for weeks. Still working but safe to say, that relationship has taken a hit. He was passed over and kept out of the loop while they kicked tire after tire after tire. Sure, he's under contract, but how motivated is he? They didn't want him and can't pretend otherwise.
If he doesn’t fit what they want at DC and isn’t willing to adjust to what CJH wants, then there’s not much to do about it. He’s entitled to nothing. I like Steele and think he would be a good hire, but my opinion means nothing. If he wants the DC job at his alumni university, and it comes back to him, then he’ll have to accept being a fall back option. Ego left at the door. Prove himself.

Here’s the Babylon Bee link for those offended at the satire.

And here’s a snippet for more context:

"Wait -- what'd I do wrong?" asked Tom Brady indignantly.

"Nothing. I said it was fine," she said, folding her arms.

"It doesn't seem like it's fine. You threw a flag!" Brady responded.

She shrugged and turned away. "No, it's totally fine. Go and play football with your friends. It's fine."

Play proceeded without any consequences, though she glared bitterly at Brady throughout the next few plays.

Meanwhile, the male referees displayed their toxic masculinity by awarding extra yards for players who exhibited unnecessary roughness and also giving them a manly chest bump and a "right on, bro."

Hire a young guy. Give him 4-5 years. Accept the first couple of years may be really rough. Pay him an incentive based contract that will compensate him more the better his unit does.

They'll get this done eventually.

What could go wrong?

iu
Sweet Christmas!! The first time I saw it, I thought it was something besides his beer that that erupted. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

In 2012, AState’s home attendance averaged 26,398. That is the best average attendance in school history. Not attacking you, just not sure where 44,000 plus came from. My number came from AState football website. I have attended many games over the last 10 years. Their crowds are better than most SunBelt teams, but attendance has been declining over the last few years not counting 2020. The five years prior to 2020 average attendance was between 21-23,000.
Not being disrespectful, but for the last 3 years, it is hard to give away tickets.

By reading an article discussing him wrong. I am going to take a nap now.

Reactions: Ace and Sleegro
Would be risky to Washington to leave that job security, however, if he’s successful here...HC interviews will come sooner rather than later...if he has those aspirations imo.

Reactions: GoBigOrangeVols
Question: does anyone know when the ‘25 counters per year’ cycle starts over? I’m curious to know when someone from the transfer portal could count towards next year’s class.

Would be risky to Washington to leave that job security, however, if he’s successful here...HC interviews will come sooner rather than later...if he has those aspirations imo.
Given how our offense is going to operate, there's a very slim chance of defensive success here.

If he ultimately wants to be a HC, Co-DC with a yearly playoff team probably gets you there faster than giving up 30+ points a game for a team scratching for 6 wins.

I think it’s way easier for Day to convince him to stay than it is for us to convince him to leave.

After thinking about he will stay. Way more upside.

Reactions: pierce60
Given how our offense is going to operate, there's a very slim chance of defensive success here.

If he ultimately wants to be a HC, Co-DC with a yearly playoff team probably gets you there faster than giving up 30+ points a game for a team scratching for 6 wins.

I see your point, but it would be much easier to be successful defensively up 14-0 in the 1st quarter than down 14-0..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back