Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been pretty good for OU, but he racks up penalties like crazy. Dude talks nonstop and is apparently deaf when it comes to whistles.

Started at safety as a true freshman tho, but played mostly nickel since. He’s got lots of talent, just needs to be more disciplined
If he's good, bring him on. We need the help.

I had no idea NSD was tomorrow and I use to live stream the war room lmao so sad

Recruiting at a high level has proven useless over the past few years. If we’re going to find our way out of the wilderness, we’ll need a coaching staff that can develop players and not bag men with coaching job titles.

So allegedly hank knows there's 2 names for DC. One of them is ash. Coincidentally the same day that is revealed, Arnett publicly says he's staying in Starkville. Which may mean he was the other name 🤔. I'm gonna give useless crystal ball prediction that it's ash. Only thing I know for sure is "Staying in Starkville" sounds like a sad country song.

Who is ash?

I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.
Prayers Sent

That doesn’t determine a floor. Virginia in 2017 had two losses, one by 1 point in OT. Won the ACC, best defense in the country. 4 guys signed NBA contracts. Lost to UMBC in round one. You’re gonna tell me they had a low floor because they got upset vs UMBC and VT?
You’re going to use the 1 team who has beaten a #1 seed in a 140 tries to make your point?!? Lmao 😂

If you take Dylan Brooks and Cody Brown out of our class (both have asked to be released from their NLIs), we drop to 20th in recruiting. That's before any possible additions to our or anyone else's classes. I'm just curious how far we fall in recruiting thanks to this mess. **** you Pruitt.

Breakdown: Ash’s quarters defense to bring fresh look to battered Texas defense - The Daily Texan

Last half of this article has an overview of Ash’s Quarters scheme. I’m a big fan of Quarters defense when ran correctly, but you really need 2 lockdown DBs and a defensive line that can get pressure without help. Not sure how well we fit that right now, but if Ash is the guy, it would be a defense I’d be excited to watch develop.

Sounds like we don't have the personnel for that defense.

Sorry I'm just now seeing this...

Almost six years ago, this beautiful miracle of a child survived two open hearts, two heart caths, three neuro surgeries, and a meningitis infection at her surgical site, after the first neurological surgery didn't take.

God be with you, your family, the parents, your granddaughter, and the medical staff. Prayers for peace that surpasses understanding for you all, and a healthy recovery for everyone involved.

My daughter recovered much quicker than her parents. Please reach out again, VolNation was a Godsend for me when Ashlee was in the hospital.View attachment 347885
My eyes leak* every time you post about her and share her picture. 😘

*because she is proof that we humans are more good than bad - and that’s joy

Last edited:
Sounds like we don't have the personnel for that defense.
We don’t at this moment, but we’re capable of recruiting at a high enough level - imo - to run it really well. Our defense is likely to be more bend-dont-break until we get another recruiting class or two in here (although that is becoming more and more the defense of CFB anyway). No matter the DC we will have to recruit to his system.

I do think we have players better suited for 4 DL. Eason, French, MoJo, Baron, Harrison can likely man the edges (would like to see Crouch here too). DTs Middleton, Solomon, Thomas, Simmons plus some I know I’m missing - We’ve got beef for the interior. 4-2-5 defense so only have to worry about 2 LBs. 5 DBs. We have bodies at DB, but amazingly enough (considering we had not one but two renowned DB coaches on last staff) I think it’s one of our least developed positions. Taylor, George, Tank, Flowers, Sham, McDonald, Slaughter, Burrell, plus the new guys Rucker, Charles, and maybe Marley.

Need more depth at DB for sure, but I really think we have the pieces to field a solid defense. Just a bunch of dudes who need coaches to put them in the correct positions and develop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back