Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man got Sam Bradford picked first overall and Drew Lock drafted in the early rounds.

I think both of those guys would be selling used cars right now if it wasn't for him. Those aren't exactly generational talents.

Sexton and his clients haven’t done UT any favors the last 20 years. I find it hard to believe he didn’t talk to any of them. I think it’s more he didn’t fall for the stuff Sexton was selling.
I think if you deal with a Sexton client you have to accept what goes along with that, like the search being very public and the game of Sexton using the search to get other clients a raise, which. obviously White did not want.

@HankHill - For those of us here to talk ball and are already tired of the the soap opera, what games should we be looking up on YouTube to get a sense of what Heupel is gonna bring to the table?

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
@HankHill - For those of us here to talk ball and are already tired of the the soap opera, what games should we be looking up on YouTube to get a sense of what Heupel is gonna bring to the table?
Seems like the Cincy game from this year was a close loss, they had a great defense and a great defensive coach, that could be a good one?

Our offense will be good fast. We have plenty of great pieces on that side of the ball.

The defense is in shambles already so this is where all the immediate concern lies.
If we learn how to lineup correctly with inside leverage and not get slanted to death it’s already an improvement.

What are you even arguing right now? It’s about where teams historically recruit at. You’re getting caught up on stars at the wrong places. Is there really a difference in the 309th ranked 3 star and the 297 ranked 4 star.

You can't even pull 1 top 300 player in 3 years with the current success they've had? Thats 900 chances over 3 years and yoy can't get 1? I think you saw this last year how that may be catching up to him. 6-4 with literally every win over a team with a losing record. Thats not going to get this fanbase buying tickets. 😂

Steele needs to go
To close to the old regime that put us in this situation
he’s also a problem, just ask malzahn....
Atleast that’s the rumor which everyone seems to believe.....

People bitched about the offense and we hired a big time offensive coach and people are still pissed

He’s a better, quieter version of Kiffin
Kiffy s defensive dogshit by the way....
JH can bring in a better Defensive staff hopefully

I'm not really disappointed at all with Hiep. I see him on par with Chadwell honestly and a much better hire than Elliott, whom I have concerns with because he has had many opportunities and is still not a HC.

I am a little disappointed that we didn't get Franklin. I thought he would be fantastic hire here, and would be great for us in the long run.

Guys/gals on this board that wished for Freeze or Kiffin are probably a little blind to the fact that they would never be considered in state of our program. They would be great hires here, but way to risky for publicity sake, considering what the gump imbecile just left in his wake of destruction of our football program. Maybe this marks the true end of the fire, and it can start to be put out.

Cambell, Fleck, Fickle were never coming here either. They are Big10, mid east guys and will stay there, no matter how much $$ was offered.

Reactions: Outofmyvolcanmind
This is why Tennessee’s fanbase looks so toxic to media and coaches. Is it the fans fault that we are in the mess we are in? HELL NO! But to national media and the coaching fraternity, fan negativity is seen as huge part of the problem. That is the perception. You can scream all you want “how stupid! Blaming this on the fans” and you are technically right. But the perception to media and coaches is that it is a huge problem. Argue with them, not me! Sometimes perception is reality even if it’s technically not true. What are going to do to change this perception?

What is being spewed today will not help that perception. We eat our own at Tennessee.

Watch more of his games from Missouri as OC imo. You’ll love what you see. Especially when they played Florida after they hung 50 on us.

I grew up in West Georgia. Does that count?
You were a HS coach in GA? You probably knew or knew of the coach that I used to hang around as a high schooler - BEST football coach ever - Robert Davis. He would have been a great college coach too. Learned most of what I know about football from him. I know, a girl, but I was a total gym rat and loved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back