Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Its very suspicious that he changed his story.
2. Schiano was veteod based off hearsay.. the Franklin stuff is hearsay.

1. I agree it's suspicious, but I also see the logic in it. There's a difference between what you tell the football team and what you say under oath. Also there was two different kinds of video. 1 was a surveillance footage from the dorm rooms that the university discovered (what started the investigation originally) and the second was what the involved player(s) recorded. I think Franklin was shown the surveillance footage without a doubt so he could identify or confirm the identity of the players involved. But under oath he was asked specifically about the 2nd videos
2. Schiano was vetoed because of backlash, the backlash ranged. The mainstream media made it about his ties to Penn State, because at the time that was the biggest sports story going on.

I don't think either are as involved with blame as it's been presented by so many. But to say they are similar situations to me isn't true. One was alleged to have witnessed things first hand, and the other was on vacation when everything happened. I can't find anything about Franklin telling players to delete the photos/videos though, all I could find from reputable news outlets was he admitted he lied to the players and said he had seen the evidence, but under oath said he didn't and has never seen the footage the players took that night.

Ok guys hear me out. If any of you guys are blocked by James Franklin on twitter please go see if he has unblocked you. I was blocked by him when at Vandy and it carried over into PSU. I'm not blocked by him anymore for some reason. I don't know how long I've been unblocked because I haven't checked before now in along time. I got a feeling he has some handler currently going through his blocks and unblocking Tennessee fans. I choose to believe

1. I agree it's suspicious, but I also see the logic in it. There's a difference between what you tell the football team and what you say under oath. Also there was two different kinds of video. 1 was a surveillance footage from the dorm rooms that the university discovered (what started to investigation originally) and the second was what the involved player(s) recorded. I think Franklin was shown the surveillance footage without a doubt so he could identify or confirm the identity of the players involved. But under oath he was asked specifically about the 2nd videos
2. Schiano was vetoed because of backlash, the backlash ranged. The mainstream media made it about his ties to Penn State, because at the time that was the biggest sports story going on.

I don't think either are as involved with blame as it's been presented by so many. But to say they are similar situations to me isn't true. One was alleged to have witnessed things first hand, and the other was on vacation when everything happened. I can't find anything about Franklin telling players to delete the photos/videos though, all I could find from reputable news outlets was he admitted he lied to the players and said he had seen the evidence, but under oath said he didn't and has never seen the footage the players took that night.

If this is truly how it went down then I could see it being more forgivable.

However, changing his story just doesn’t add up to me.

Lol if DW really is refusing to look at coaches that are clients of sexton....wow. that's not what good ADs do. youre eliminating good coaches because you don't like their agent.

Geezus man. Stop buying every rumor out there.

I promise Danny White knows more about being a good AD than you or random message board or tweeters do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back