Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clear up a few things...

For those clamoring for Luke Fickell while pooping on the idea of Neal Brown:

Fickell at Cincinnati: 35-14
Brown at Troy: 35-16 (plus WV is on an upwards trajectory as he went 6-4 and beat a very good Army team in the bowl game)

Take a look at Troy before and after Neal Brown
1611345030857.png

Also...for those pooping on Luke Fickell because he's a "Defensive coach", Cincinnati was 24th in the nation in total offense. His OC is Mike Denbrock who has a pretty good resume and I would assume would come with him..

2010–2011 Notre Dame (TE)
2012–2013 Notre Dame (WR)
2014 Notre Dame (OC/WR)
2015–2016 Notre Dame (AHC/WR)
2017 Cincinnati (OC/QB)
2018–present Cincinnati (OC/TE)

Attachments

• 1611344991922.png
    1611344991922.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
All they have to do is squash it. They could just leak it to a few select guys that it isn't a possibility and it would be over with...why don't they do that? It would save a lot of hassle just to kill it...otherwise people are just going to keep on with this stuff, and then trash whatever hire is really made
Thats my biggest worry right now, if it ends up being not Kiffin how many fans are going to turn on whoever it is quickly?

I hate to throw cold water on Matt Campbell because he's at the top of my reasonable list, but he is bringing back his most talented and experienced team at ISU next year. 19 of 22 starters returning, including their all-Big 12 senior QB. Maybe he'll feel like he is leaving them in good shape if he leaves at this time, but that will be tough to walk away from. Supposedly his DC Jon Heacock would be the likely coach they'd promote if Campbell left.

Iowa State football: Veterans Charlie Kolar and Greg Eisworth returning for 2021
A lot of teams have a lot of starters returning next year because of the eligibility issues/options that Covid opened up.

Come on, guys and gals, we can figure this out!

giphy.gif

Where our doctors at? I have a question. Just got off the phone with my mom's doctor's office. Been trying to get pathology results, but until now, they've not been in. Apparently they came in, but I was told they couldn't say anything, that the doctor would discuss the results at her follow-up. Am I right to assume that's bad? If it were clean, wouldn't they just tell me?
When is the follow up apt Weezer?

Y'all think about it for a second... Number of four stars on roster

Hugh Freeze Liberty: 0
Jamey Chadwell Coastal Carolina: 0
Billy Napier LA Lafayette: 2
Matt Campbell Iowa State: 4
Neal Brown West Virginia: 5
Luke Fickell Cincinnati: 7
Scott Satterfield Louisville: 8
Lane Kiffin Ole Miss: 16 (+1 five star)
Scott Frost Nebraska: 22
Jeremy Pruitt Tennessee: 31 (+5 five stars)
Better breakdown would show what percentile of talent they have in relation to their conference.

Thats my biggest worry right now, if it ends up being not Kiffin how many fans are going to turn on whoever it is quickly?
That really doesn't matter.

The fans won't be pissed all the way to September. And even if they are, they will be over it as soon as he wins the first game.

I don't see this administration and White being Schiano'd by the fan base. So whether they turn on the hire and why really doesn't matter IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back