Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
chadwell would be crazy to not take tennessee job if offered.

with that said i think that's the type hire you can expect. no p5 will this gig
Neal Brown at WVU would definitely consider. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if you fould go back to Brohm. All this insiders say we are offering FU $$. Clay Travis said the list of interested candidates was impressive.

Bill O'Brien in 2012 (after receiving NCAA sanctions from the Sandusky scandal):

"Today we received a very harsh penalty from the NCAA and as head coach of the Nittany Lions football program, I will do everything in my power to not only comply, but help guide the University forward to become a national leader in ethics, compliance and operational excellence. I knew when I accepted the position that there would be tough times ahead. But I am committed for the long term to Penn State and our student athletes. I was then and I remain convinced that our student athletes are the best in the country. I could not be more proud to lead this team and these courageous and humble young men into the upcoming 2012 season. Together we are committed to building a better athletic program and university".

That year he went 8-4 and was named Big 10 Coach of the Year and Paul Bear Bryant National Coach of the Year.
Fyp. You said “committed for the long term”
Should have read “committed for 2 years”....

Reactions: MarcoVol
The more I watch and read, the more I wish they would just lay a check down for Chadwell.. before it’s too late.. his offense with Steele leading the defense would be a great combination.
His offense requires pieces... which we really don’t have other than Salter

Chadwell has taken all 3 of the programs he's been at to literally unprecedented success...

North Greenville from 2-8 to 9-3 in 1 year

Charleston Southern was 5-6 before he got there and 10-3 in year 1 for him

Coastal was 3-9 in his first year and 11-1 and in the top 15 with college game day there in year 3

Plus his wife is HOT

This is the most sound argument I've seen for the guy and I appreciate it.

You could ask plenty of college football analysts who know history and what our program has to offer, they would say UT. Shoot, ask Urban which is a better program.
If you’re talking about which job/program is more attractive right now, you’re insane if you think UT is the answer. If you disagree with that, we’re not going to get anywhere in this discussion and should just agree to disagree.

If you’re talking about which job/program is more attractive right now, you’re insane if you think UT is the answer. If you disagree with that, we’re not going to get anywhere in this discussion and should just agree to disagree.

Yup. That’s just living in the darkness. UT isn’t a top 6 SEC job right now. And probably further down with possible sanctions.

Reactions: VFL92
Why can't we be pissed at all of them? I am. Boyd, Plowman, Fulmer, Pruitt...I blame all of them. It was their job to safeguard our program, and they've all failed IMO. I resent them all for it.
Pruitt was just a bad coach that did a bad job..What Plowman and Boyd have done is far more egregious.

I promise you this..if we had gone 7-3...none of this would have ever been known.

Reactions: VolInDayton
I did not say attractiveness. I said which is a better program overall. Auburn is more relevant and not in such disarray. But that doesn’t mean what UT could be with the right coach. Plus we are in the East and it is an easier division than the West.

Pruitt was just a bad coach that did a bad job..What Plowman and Boyd have done is far more egregious.

I promise you this..if we had gone 7-3...none of this would have ever been known.

I thought that at first, but I’m not sure. If the whistleblower theory is true and the openness of it all is true...I think Pruitt was screwed either way

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Just a friendly reminder that the green text below is what got us all started on this $8M/yr number that we've been throwing around like it's fact. Which is what got us to Stoops and Petersen.
More from Stoerner:
Update: I just heard we extended an AD offer last night. Buzz says coaches represented by Sexton were asked to sit tight as there is already some heavy discussion with a candidate for HC.

If he can get the pieces at Coastal, you think he can’t recruit them to UT? Serious question btw lol
I think he struck lucky with McCall. I’ve said it on here a few times, if we get Chadwell I hope he transfers with him. He is a baller. He can obviously recruit pieces here. But he will also be putting those pieces up against NFL players instead of East Carolina jabronies. I’m not saying it can’t work or he’d be a terrible hire. I guess I’m just a skeptic.

He had two winning seasons with the biggest penalties faced on a program since SMU. And it’s still the Big Ten. It’s still one of the 3 best conferences.

He went 52-48 in the NFL. That’s not bad at all. And while he was GM and made bad decisions he dealt with terrible ownership, a pastor who apparently runs the show there and an edict to win now. He’s still a good coach. And as previously stated he can navigate tough situations. With a good support system he’d be a good hire.

Dude traded DeAndre Hopkins for a bag of skittles. A blunder like that is akin to Butch having one of the best RB’s in the NFL sit second string to a punk who didn’t even want to be here.

Doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I’d prefer to give control to someone who makes great decisions, not laughable ones.

And F Lane Kiffin too. His BS started this downward spiral. I don’t care if he’s a good coach. There, I said it. All I can think of when ppl spew the Lane Kiffin talk is the scene from Natural Born Killers where the dude tells the rattlesnake story. For those who haven’t seen it, CLK = a rattlesnake. When he bites you, don’t act surprised. You should have known it was coming because he’s a rattlesnake

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back