Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that’s fine but you’re point about him being on the downside after his DC run when he’s on an SEC title more recently than Tennessee is still hilarious
Nothing hilarious about it. Watch the market on any given day. It starts somewhere and typically has ups and downs but by end of day it’s up or down. He had a few years in a row but nothing compared to his time at FU. 5-4 in bowls at USCj. While it may have been spectacular for them it wasn’t in the grand scheme of things...

This was all completely mishandled, but Pruitt and his staff were also sloppy. Sure, everyone cheats, but you can't be as blatant as Pruitt and his guys were about doing it. Plenty of blame for both sides. Not sure why you feel as if Pruitt should be defended, because I just don't see it. That's truth. You seem to be insistent on a half-truth where Pruitt got unfairly treated. That's not reality. Pruitt screwed up, and it's gonna cost us. Fulmer screwed up, and it's gonna cost us. Plowman and our administrators screwed up, and it's gonna cost us. There are plenty of people to blame for this mess. Pruitt is absolutely one of them.

Thinks it’s more about this doesn’t get as bad and to the point of players eligibility and futures in danger if boosters don’t gather the receipts and dig up the bones and lay them on the desk of the chancellor. Also the media leak to Trey Wallace. He has said like others Pruitt was bound to be toast at some point but we should have just paid it all to go away

Nothing hilarious about it. Watch the market on any given day. It starts somewhere and typically has ups and downs but by end of day it’s up or down. He had a few years in a row but nothing compared to his time at FU. 5-4 in bowls at USCj. While it may have been spectacular for them it wasn’t in the grand scheme of things...

Who the hell cares about bowl results? Is this 1985? He won 11 games three straight years at SC. You thinking he was on the downside of his career after his DC is silly.

What is the downside to Chadwell? He fails like every other coach we’ve had? What if we pass on the guy who loves tn so much he named his son Heath and in 2 years he’s winning 10 games a year at some other power 5?

Literally nobody we hire is winning 10 games a year two years in

Dang LA you really don't like her do you? LOL You been going on about her all day. LOL Never seen you like this.
People too busy hating Pruitt and Fulmer to appreciate the excellent assassination of Fulmer and Pruitt by the Haslam hit squad.

Plowman and Boyd are the scum we should be hating for this mess.

I knew about the xfl. I don't count that for obvious reasons. Four is still a decent amount of time away from the game. I just don't think it's a viable solution.

If Bob Stoops wanted to come to Tennessee and we said no to him, then you might as well make Neyland a new “The Gentlemen’s Ball” and burn the whole program down.

Is that going to happen? No he’s not coming here. But if he showed even a minuscule of interest we should offer him everything.

If it’s BOB instead of Bob, I’m out. I have no illusion that Bob is a realistic hire. He’s not. But BOB would be an unmitigated disaster here, and his desire to have an iron-grip on the program would be detrimental.

Reactions: Ryno14 and Ttucke11
Mack Brown was out 6 years. He's turning 70 this year at UNC. Doing pretty well for an old codger.

Stoops last coach the 2016 season except for the XFL last season as z just posted. He's 60 years old.

If we are going for the retired guy whose done it well - yeah - Stoops is the guy. Instant cred with the players.

Thinks it’s more about this doesn’t get as bad and to the point of players eligibility and futures in danger if boosters don’t gather the receipts and dig up the bones and lay them on the desk of the chancellor. Also the media leak to Trey Wallace. He has said like others Pruitt was bound to be toast at some point but we should have just paid it all to go away
It's bad business to burn everything down to save 12 million dollar buy outs. Until we hire a new coach I am going to assume it will have a major impact on who will be interested in this job. If I'm a coach that has to compete with UGA, Bama, UF, and Aub on the recruiting trail, I wouldn't have want to be worried about my own employer going nuclear to not give me money that they owe me

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back