Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif
I'm hearing she's beside herself at the findings in that report and is hellbent on getting to the bottom of this deal and getting it right. Put it this way ... the public face she put on with Phillip Fulmer at Monday's press conference was just that ... a public face ... She's furious at Philiip Fulmer for sleeping on the job and allowing his head coach to run wild on her campus. In fact if you're wondering, Fulmer was absolutely shown the door and didn't retire. Tennessee retired him and rightfully so.

Yep, but she specifically referenced that in the PC. She said, "I know most of you want the coach to be hired first, but..." To me, the reference was clear that she understood timing.

I hope you are right. If we don’t have an AD by this time next week I think that would tell us she doesn’t get it

TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif
I'm hearing she's beside herself at the findings in that report and is hellbent on getting to the bottom of this deal and getting it right. Put it this way ... the public face she put on with Phillip Fulmer at Monday's press conference was just that ... a public face ... She's furious at Philiip Fulmer for sleeping on the job and allowing his head coach to run wild on her campus. In fact if you're wondering, Fulmer was absolutely shown the door and didn't retire. Tennessee retired him and rightfully so.
TG.

Just win.

TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif
I actually believe this. She strikes me as a boss/professor that you would NEVER want to get on their bad side. Also right on Fulmer. How in the world did no one coach that man not to mention you're proud of the very thing youre firing the coach for?

TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif

You go girl! Talking about Plowman not you Upstate. lol

Not Kingston, but I interpreted that post as @Atlanta VOL saying he was confident enough in what he knows and who is helping move things behind the scenes that he knows he will like the hires for AD and HC. Maybe they weren’t officially hired at that point in time but that he knew the direction we were going.
People will interpret things however they want to fit the narrative they want to believe is true.

Reactions: Volator and m1al
TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif
All this is 1000000% true.

No...and you know I didn't...but what has happened is infinitely worse. You just haven't figured that out yet. It might take a couple of years, but you will all see eventually.
I don’t think it’s “worse”. It’s inevitably necessary. You don’t wait to pay the bill down the road thinking it’ll magically be better. And the “you will all see” bit reeks of sniper in a watchtower. 😉

TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif
I'm gonna put on a public face of not going to the games if we don't hire a winner.

Too good not to share - from Stoerner Fumbles:

A couple of quick updates from inadmissible hearsay from a very unreliable source who speaks very little English and wishes he never met me: Search firm is moving in overdrive. My friend says they are doing background checks and character interviews on AD candidates already. While it seems to be the journalists’ opinion that an AD won’t be hired until mid February, my friend says he can’t see it going more than a week. He says that there is the most organized group behind how to hire that there has been on any search. There is also the most money prepared to hire someone. He guessed that there is over 40mm to hire a coach on a five plus year contract. He said that the university has the be careful in how they handle the hire. It needs to be perceived as a thoughtful response to the past infractions, or it won’t play well with the NCAA or SEC. Right now, we’re in hot water with both. On Pruitt, my friend said there is a real sadness for the damage done. Some of those fired in compliance were kids following orders. Many of them were told what to say, and then fired for saying it. Players and signees were assured by Pruitt and Fulmer that things would be ok, and he would not be fired. Phil resigned as much for that as he did for Pruitt’s failure. For all Phil’s mistakes, I think he may regret the last few weeks of fighting for Pruitt the most. People who know him say he’s crushed and in a daze. To be clear, Pruitt’s failure was epic, and began on day one. In the early days Pruitt treated AD staff, compliance and even professors like they served the team. Prior to Plowman, more than one person elevated concerns that Pruitt and Nieds practices were too egregious and would be caught. Those concerns were ignored. Many were rooting for him to fail, and many expected it. Pruitt’s style is to use his allegiance of players, and threats to micromanage others. Many of our on the field failures were him making a point. Friend pushed back on cross-training all linemen like high schoolers, and Pruitt tripled cross-training them. Look at West Virginia game for results. This year, Chaney designed three core plays for Shrout without discussing with Pruitt. He used them in a scrimmage, and blew away the D. While it’s a common thing for OC and DC to try things in a scrimmage, Pruitt threw a public fit, and said we’d never see those plays in a game. Pruitt changed starting DL lineup before KY game, and humiliated Brumbaugh in front of team and fired him. Look at the score for the results. This is the kind of thing he was willing to do just to make a point. In the conference people perceive that Nieds and Pruitt created an “arms race” on player payment. (More hearsay) Big signees families typically were given a standard payment in many tens of thousands. There are even instances of players receiving money and signing elsewhere. It will be interesting to see how much of this the NCAA wants to face. UT is on the record after the investigation. Many other coaches know who else plays dirty. The money and power will not want a light shined or Georgia or Bama. Given that Georgia is where some paid players landed, it will be harder for them to hide. The NCAA will be very cautious in how they handle us given the possibility of opening more wounds by digging too deep. That said, our list of level one and two violations is a long one. As for current coaches, they aren’t being given much communication or support for understanding what’s next. Frankly they don’t even know who to listen to. Steele is the key communication point for players. He’s doing a good job. Pruitt spoke highly of him in his message to players. They see Steele as trustworthy. Look for the university to hire an AD quickly, and to make a big offer to a coach with a good reputation and long track record. If you can imagine a candidate selling glitter-coated bibles at a strip club, he probably isn’t getting hired. We probably won’t be hiring Joey Freshwater, Jamey Jet Ski or Reverend Blindside. I’m not judging the quality of those guys as coaches, but no one expects the Chancellor to ride with the devil on this one. Consensus seems to be they are going to pay serious money for a very experienced candidate who will sign a long term deal. Some of the names being discussed are very impressive. I have no idea how realistic they are. If they succeed with that tier, we’ll all be very happy. If they move down a level, expect stability over glitz. Strange times on the hill.

TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif

And there you have it

She’s going to be paying very close attention so what’s going on from here on out.

handcuffed coach and an AD with her looking over their shoulders all the time

TB

Donde Is Pissed:
spacer.gif

I think I would like working for her. She sounds like my dean. He comes right at you, you know where you stand, and you win arguments with numbers.

All this is 1000000% true.

I will be honest I can't stand TB's dorky personality but his articles are well written. He seems to be the only one reporting Facts and doing Journalism. The rest of the local media seem to be towing the line and pushing the University narrative. I get it they are doing that to preserve their access into the program.

Too good not to share - from Stoerner Fumbles:

A couple of quick updates from inadmissible hearsay from a very unreliable source who speaks very little English and wishes he never met me: Search firm is moving in overdrive. My friend says they are doing background checks and character interviews on AD candidates already. While it seems to be the journalists’ opinion that an AD won’t be hired until mid February, my friend says he can’t see it going more than a week. He says that there is the most organized group behind how to hire that there has been on any search. There is also the most money prepared to hire someone. He guessed that there is over 40mm to hire a coach on a five plus year contract. He said that the university has the be careful in how they handle the hire. It needs to be perceived as a thoughtful response to the past infractions, or it won’t play well with the NCAA or SEC. Right now, we’re in hot water with both. On Pruitt, my friend said there is a real sadness for the damage done. Some of those fired in compliance were kids following orders. Many of them were told what to say, and then fired for saying it. Players and signees were assured by Pruitt and Fulmer that things would be ok, and he would not be fired. Phil resigned as much for that as he did for Pruitt’s failure. For all Phil’s mistakes, I think he may regret the last few weeks of fighting for Pruitt the most. People who know him say he’s crushed and in a daze. To be clear, Pruitt’s failure was epic, and began on day one. In the early days Pruitt treated AD staff, compliance and even professors like they served the team. Prior to Plowman, more than one person elevated concerns that Pruitt and Nieds practices were too egregious and would be caught. Those concerns were ignored. Many were rooting for him to fail, and many expected it. Pruitt’s style is to use his allegiance of players, and threats to micromanage others. Many of our on the field failures were him making a point. Friend pushed back on cross-training all linemen like high schoolers, and Pruitt tripled cross-training them. Look at West Virginia game for results. This year, Chaney designed three core plays for Shrout without discussing with Pruitt. He used them in a scrimmage, and blew away the D. While it’s a common thing for OC and DC to try things in a scrimmage, Pruitt threw a public fit, and said we’d never see those plays in a game. Pruitt changed starting DL lineup before KY game, and humiliated Brumbaugh in front of team and fired him. Look at the score for the results. This is the kind of thing he was willing to do just to make a point. In the conference people perceive that Nieds and Pruitt created an “arms race” on player payment. (More hearsay) Big signees families typically were given a standard payment in many tens of thousands. There are even instances of players receiving money and signing elsewhere. It will be interesting to see how much of this the NCAA wants to face. UT is on the record after the investigation. Many other coaches know who else plays dirty. The money and power will not want a light shined or Georgia or Bama. Given that Georgia is where some paid players landed, it will be harder for them to hide. The NCAA will be very cautious in how they handle us given the possibility of opening more wounds by digging too deep. That said, our list of level one and two violations is a long one. As for current coaches, they aren’t being given much communication or support for understanding what’s next. Frankly they don’t even know who to listen to. Steele is the key communication point for players. He’s doing a good job. Pruitt spoke highly of him in his message to players. They see Steele as trustworthy. Look for the university to hire an AD quickly, and to make a big offer to a coach with a good reputation and long track record. If you can imagine a candidate selling glitter-coated bibles at a strip club, he probably isn’t getting hired. We probably won’t be hiring Joey Freshwater, Jamey Jet Ski or Reverend Blindside. I’m not judging the quality of those guys as coaches, but no one expects the Chancellor to ride with the devil on this one. Consensus seems to be they are going to pay serious money for a very experienced candidate who will sign a long term deal. Some of the names being discussed are very impressive. I have no idea how realistic they are. If they succeed with that tier, we’ll all be very happy. If they move down a level, expect stability over glitz. Strange times on the hill.

1611169254710.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back