Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a fine line between lobbying for a job and lobbying for a raise.
I don't think he's lobbying for a big raise because he has that in front of him right now. All he has to do is sign the contract that was put in front of him by Ole Miss a few weeks ago.

Yeah I wish I could have a team meeting with the squad.

“Listen guys, regardless of who the coach is you’re at the University of TN. You will get the best of everything, that hasn’t changed. The best medical treatment, the best education, the best facilities, and the best fanbase in the country. You show up to workouts & class every day and put in maximum effort. Who you were in HS doesn’t matter anymore, once you’re on campus it’s about what you do now. Whenever you reach the next level whether that’s the NFL or in the workforce it’s going to be about what you do, not what you’ve done. So the question isn’t who will lead you, the question is when are you going to step up and lead yourselves?”

Reactions: yourstruly23
How did you interpret his response to the AD hire ?
Not Kingston, but I interpreted that post as @Atlanta VOL saying he was confident enough in what he knows and who is helping move things behind the scenes that he knows he will like the hires for AD and HC. Maybe they weren’t officially hired at that point in time but that he knew the direction we were going.

From press conference - Q: Coach Fulmer are you going to help with the search for the new AD?
A: (after a long pause and several looks between Fulmer and Plowman). Uh, uh, uh, if they ask me I will help.

Real answer: No, Plowman will not let me near anything anymore
He looked like a very tired and defeated guy in that press conference. It was sad, but I didn't feel sorry for him.

I will go on record with this...

I would have never thought I would say this, but I think we should, and really hope we do bring Lane Kiffin back and give him at least four years to try and fix this mess. It would be poetic justice to make him fix what he helped break.

With a good defensive staff beside him, he could probably get us at least back to even ground in four years.

Of course that makes too much sense...so it won't happen with the idiots running UT now.

I would have never thought I would say this, but I think we should, and really hope we do bring Lane Kiffin back and give him at least four years to try and fix this mess. It would be poetic justice to make him fix what he helped break.

With a good defensive staff beside him, he could probably get us at least back to even ground in four years.

Of course that makes too much sense...so it won't happen with the idiots running UT now.
Would be phenomenal. But like you said: won’t happen

This is the post yall are referring to. He's not saying he knows who they are. Good Lord some of yall read what you want to read.
This.. I was following that. Bruin was doin his "AV damaged the program" thing and said something like "I hope you like the next AD/HC....." AV answered with what you quoted.. He wasn’t saying he knew..

Bruin as usual, is manipulating responses to suit his narrative..

This morning @matts42012 said the AD search is down to either Ingram or Gilbert. That is certainly the conventional wisdom, and Matts seems to have inside info so it may be the actual truth. If so, I think that our choices are what we think they are. But there does seem to be some chatter that Donde Plowman is the wildcard here. Basilio posted this morning the following:

I'm being told that UT Chancellor Donde Plowman is pushing back on rubber stamping any hire and wants to take her time in locating the right person for the job. To those that follow matters such as these it appeared that Gilbert's hire as the new AD would be a fait accompli. I guess we're learning here that Donde Plowman wants to put her stamp on UT athletics after this sordid mess that's unfolding on her watch.

The Tony Basilio Show

That coincides with some of the posts hinting that we may be looking at the AD's at ISU and UCF. If that is true, then it could broaden the potential coaching pool. I would have said there isn't a chance in hell we'd get Matt Campbell, but the only way I'd reconsider that is if we hired his AD from ISU.

I don't know much about the AD at UCF, but I worry about hiring coaches from the royalty of the G5 like UCF, Houston, Cincinnati, etc. Those programs tend to do well no matter who is coaching them, and it is very hit or miss when you hire coaches with good records at those programs. More specific to Josh Heupel, I think his offensive system has run its course. Chip Kelly, Scott Frost, Gus Malzahn, Butch Jones - the HUNH power spread seems to be bogging down as defenses have adjusted to it.

Personally, I am thinking the floor on this search is Chadwell or O'Brien with Steele and Garner on the defensive side. I will have no problem seeing the upside of either hire and will remain optimistic for at least 2-3 years to see how it works out. Others' mileage may vary on that approach.

If we were going to fire him, I wanted him fired as soon as the A&M game ended. I sure didn't want this stupid internal investigation shitshow to have to happen just to get rid of him and Fulmer. It ended up being mutually assured destruction with all our dirty laundry (which everyF'nbody has but don't dig up on themselves and air out for the whole world to see) being drug out on full display just to screw Pruitt out of his money and get Fulmer out of the way.

This whole mess is full stupidity on the Chancellor and Presidents side...

We could have waited a year, fired both for performance and would be much better off. As it is we have basically nuked ourselves into oblivion...while a huge majority of VN sits here clapping and cheering "The Wicked Witch is dead" like a bunch of fools.

We royally ****** ourselves.
This is what I have been wondering about your stance. Are you saying that all of this would not have happened if it wasn't for people wanting to fire them? I took it as they took advantage of the situation because PF would not back down from keeping Pruitt even with the performance and investigation. Yes, I wanted him fired after the last game, but Fulmer and his side was not going to allow that. So then we are left with Pruitt for another year with maybe less violations, or start all over with maybe more. Neither was a good option. Now all we can hope for is they really are serious about fixing the program and building it back up. If not, we can quit wasting energy hoping they are.

I just can’t get past the idea of him doing his patented smirk as he slinks out the door on us a second time.

I mean, I wouldn’t hate the hire, but I’d have a 2-month-long knot in my stomach every Dec-Feb.

I realize this is asking an awful lot, but for once, can this place see what happens first, before it freaks out?

Thanks in advance.....

That is some funny stuff right there! You might as well ask James Harden to care about something other than his stats, ask North Korea to allow freedom of speech, ask Donald Trump to pay his debts, ask Alphabet to break up their own monopoly, and ask Kyrie Irving to admit the earth is not flat.

Reactions: m1al and VFLBerg
6_20190304163452_17062729_large.jpg

Not a political post. GIF of the moment seemed applicable to this forum.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back