Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres another thing that is bothering me about last nights game. There was a conversion at some point where Pitts got over the top of the corner on 3rd down and Pruitt talks about being in cover 2. He blames the corner for not dropping back, and maybe we have a check where he drops to the sticks on 3rd and long. However, here is my issue with it, usually the corners responsibility in cover 2 is the flat, so on 3rd and long why are we in that defense? If you want the corner to drop back, instead of being in some complicated check, just call a cover 3 or 4, where they have to throw the flats and rally to the ball. Pruitt thinks it was the correct call and blames the players, however, I blame that on the coaches there are better calls to be made in that situation.

He would still been waiting had Frost, chip, or Gundy have taken it. He was their 4th choice.
Don’t believe the Gundy part, but he waited for the first two to decline the job. Yeah if one had accepted the job, then we would’ve hired him. He was 1a. Currie knew when they passed to move on to 1b...Schiano.

Don’t believe the Gundy part, but he waited for the first two to decline the job. Yeah if one had accepted the job, then we would’ve hired him. He was 1a. Currie knew when they passed to move on to 1b...Schiano.
1B and 1C were not very good choices............:rolleyes:

Hope Graham doesn’t go to Sc. Heard he’s close with Beamer and prob has been offered. Heard he’s thinking very hard.

The Tennessee way

We will keep Pruitt. Auburn fires Malzhan and Freeze goes there. He now has passion for embarrassing us because we didn’t hire him.

Tee will move on to USA and light it up. He will become the hot candidate and turn us down in 4 years when we decide to move on from Pruitt.

We hire a WR coach from Arkansas St

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back