Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Fulmer extended him knowing he wouldn’t close out the year strong
Also knew a Vandy win wouldn’t help him
Fulmer has his buddy plant the story
Investigation
Every coach leaves except Martin
Knowing the indecision that is our Admin It would extend longer leaving coaches they won’t hire
Leaving them with no choice but to name Hinself HC and Martin HCIW.

I’ve cracked the code!
I know you're just joking, but the reality is if Phil wanted to be coach he will literally never ever have a better chance than he had in 2017.

It's way too late now. He's going to hire himself to fix a mess he created? Never would anyone go for that.

Nah because it was obvious he wasn't going to be successful here long term. At this point they need to call it rock bottom, come up with a plan and get it right this time.
Does it look like they come up with a plan? We should have supported the coach we had and made this place look like a great destination point for other coaches.... when Pruitt forced us to fire him bc he couldn’t get it done..... pay him the full buyout and show the coach we hand pick our plan to support him in anyway possible for him to be successful.

Unfortunately, we know the admin will choose a google hire because they aren’t invested in this program’s success. They simply don’t care. Fans are dumb enough to keep supporting this incompetence and the admin knows it. That’s why it’ll keep happening.
We're like Cubs fans.

dont be so dramatic.

this is to make sure we don't butch this up again
Hard to have confidence in our leadership after a decade plus of incompetence. What evidence do you have that they’ll make a good hire? They can’t even make a decision on the fate of Coach Pruitt. They are aware that we are being skull drug not only by the sports media but in the recruiting trail as well. They could easily manage this situation but their indecisiveness is coming at the expense of this program.

It’s bc we don’t handle our business.... we are paying lawyers.... probably still going to owe 12 million..... losing a good portion of our talent..... made ourselves look an undesirable spot for a good coach.... and will have to overpay for a bad coach.
Took the like away but agree.

Does it look like they come up with a plan? We should have supported the coach we had and made this place look like a great destination point for other coaches.... when Pruitt forced us to fire him bc he couldn’t get it done..... pay him the full buyout and show the coach we hand pick our plan to support him in anyway possible for him to be successful.
Thats why I said at this point. And Pruitt losing support of the fans was his fault, boo's and fans turning on him were because he continued to trot out the second worst QB ive seen every week, then goes out in the media and basically say he doesn't care about the fans. All this after calling them out during his first spring game. Pruitt was given more support then the last 2 coaching hires, if coaches want to look at this like a great destination jump back to last year when fans were scared he would go back to Bama after his little streak. All that to say, Pruitt brought everything on himself, we did make enemies on the hill for him, he did that on his own.

This. They've made it to a point where I see no way you bring him back. Everyone in media is saying he's gone, how could he recruit or get any sort of staff with that hanging over his head (if you brought him back)? Now they're dragging the University through the mud with the investigation, which has to be a red flag for any potential hire plus he's coming into a barren roster with others probably leaving once they officially for Pruitt.

If we make a change (can't believe I'm saying if but somehow it hasn't happened yet), I don't see it being a guy who fires up the fan base. They have an obvious choice with Freeze but I'm not sure there's enough competence in the AD to make a positive choice. I'm afraid it's a retread (Malzahn), total shot in the dark (Chadwell) or a McGoogle hire. I can't imagine coaches will line up to work for this administration
LOL. Freeze is not an obvious choice because of his prior history and the appearance of hiring a coach like this for a team that is being investigated for NCAA violations. That is delusional to even consider. Every sane fan and sports pundit has talked about this.

Hard to have confidence in our leadership after a decade plus of incompetence. What evidence do you have that they’ll make a good hire? They can’t even make a decision on the fate of Coach Pruitt. They are aware that we are being skull drug not only by the sports media but in the recruiting trail as well. They could easily manage this situation but their indecisiveness is coming at the expense of this program.
we all have Covid burnout.

Football was our escape. Instead its a cause of stress. This was an abnormal year.

Recall none if current AD was here to start this **** show. Its been a **** show far longer than Pruitt.

i eat great! same thing! burgers or grilled chicken.

will die a TN fan. (unless we hire Nick Saban).
Been a fan all my life and this is the dumbest thing thing I have ever seen. We've been through some lean years but this is rock bottom. There so incompetent it's not even funny anymore. I'll support the other sports but football want get a dime from me until they stop the crap show.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Despite my views, I still support the team. Just have to manage expectations. We are no longer the program we once were. It’s easier to be optimistic living in Tennessee. I’m in the heart of Bama, LSU, and Mississippi programs. I get constant reminders on how far the program has fallen. It’s hard to argue with their points when it doesn’t even seem like our admins get two squirts about what is going on.

Reactions: drvenner
Then keep what we had at least the roster was getting a little better every year..... it is better than being broke and tearing it all down
Think that was the plan until someone leaked the investigation. Probably still was until they made it so difficult for Pruitt to hire.

Been a fan all my life and this is the dumbest thing thing I have ever seen. We've been through some lean years but this is rock bottom. There so incompetent it's not even funny anymore. I'll support the other sports but football want get a dime from me until they stop the crap show.
we say this every time

we all have Covid burnout.

Football was our escape. Instead its a cause of stress. This was an abnormal year.

Recall none if current AD was here to start this **** show. Its been a **** show far longer than Pruitt.
Agreed. I believe the s**t show started with Hamilton and the harder that correcting everything was done the worse it got. There’s a rottenness in the program from over a decade of incompetence. It’s led to the belief that we can make cheap hires on coaches and eventually we will strike gold. But our admin has shown the inability to hire the right type of coaches to fix where we are at. This could be due to either being cheap, risk averse, or both.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back