Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse than BJ, than Dooley. Dude is is an avg. DC, at the tactical level, he just looked better when coaching thoroughbreds at Ga, Bama, FSU. Operational and Strategic is where he is lost.

He is not worse than Dooley. Dooley’s team just put up points.

Dooley went 4-18 in the SEC.

Pruitt is 10-16 in the SEC.

I repeat, he is not worse than Derek Dooley.

The only home run hire is meyer, stoops and freeze. But only One of those guys would easily say yes. It's that simple. We will not get that, tho. We will get a bargain bin coach, a coach that couldn't cut it somewhere else or an up and comer. Then most of you will invent reasons to think it's a good hire. You will jump right back in board and "give him a chance". You will be right back here in 3 or 4 years. Tennessee doesn't hire winning football coaches.

Meyer, Stoops, and Freeze are not on the same level.

If you’re gonna use those 3 the levels go:

Meyer

Stoops

Freeze

And I want Freeze. But let’s not get carried away here.

Correct, because evidently he's still fighting to keep Pruitt....
Apparently he too prideful. Thing is he is kind of getting a mulligan on JP, because of his limited candidate pool. He's not completely married to JP. Now if he wants to carry water for JP then he deserves to have decision taken out of his hands.

Apparently he too prideful. Thing is he is kind of getting a mulligan on JP, because of his limited candidate pool. He's not completely married to JP. Now if he wants to carry water for JP then he deserves to have decision taken out of his hands.
As of last night he was still fighting to retain Pruitt per Bob vol (sp)...

Is there any point in looking at the specific recruit threads right now?

And I anticipate a long day around here. With Pruitt’s grandfather’s funeral, no way we are so cold hearted as to announce firing him today.

I’m still not 100% that he is gone. I’ve been around long enough to see “insiders” wrong, a lot. Not throwing shade, just saying.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Hire Freeze like the fans want for once. If he doesn't improve things or screws up, then it's on us and we really can't bitch.
Yes we will
Nobody on here will admit they wanted Freeze when he ***** the bed.

to be fair though......I don’t know if Freeze will do well. I remain unconvinced. I thought Strong would be a good hire so we probably shouldn’t go with my opinions.
I am planning on being negative on our next hire especially if it’s freeze just to be ahead of the crowd

Poster on VQ saying AT did a IG live video and said he was going to the NFL.

Feels like this is a mistake. I know all these kids want to "chase the bag" or whatever, and I get if I was in that position the lure would be great... but I am curious what kind of draft feedback he'll receive. AT is a good corner at times but not very consistent. Excellent in run support, but his coverage skills are meh. I think he'd benefit a great deal coming back.

That said, if he declares, I hope he balls out.

I think we'll be okay. I'd like to know if Kenneth George is returning. Definitely makes taking a transfer CB a priority as well. But with Burrell and Lawrence plus maybe some forgottens like Tyus Fields maybe getting in the mix, we'll see.

Anyone thinking our boosters/administrators will give the fan base something they want is down right crazy. Yall do remember they tried to force feed Schiano down our throats last time.

First of all Pruitt has his grandfathers funeral today. Second, if they were going to fire him they are or have been reaching out to potential candidates. Third, i don't think he will be fired this year.
Been going on for a few weeks depending on who you believe..

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back