Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama Jeremy really needs to find a Better way of learning these very important details in the interview process
Id say theres a really good chance technique and or philosophy were not THE reason.
You don't fire somebody 4 games in for that. You reduce their role and let them go at the end of the season.

Blamed one pick on the WR not playing fast enough (the long out route) and then the RB on the other for running into JG.

Also just said JG has thrown very little INTs in practice. We need to be more efficient in QB protection. JG didn't play the best game, but neither did a lot of guys. He isn't ready to put JG on the shelf.

He obviously is watching something we aren't. I don't get it.

Yep - said QB position is still being evaluated, but he sounded like we should expect JG again.
What’s to “evaluate”? Is watching JG go rogue on the fumble and telegraph two interceptions into two pick sixes IN SLOW MOTION going to yield a
coachable moment that real time doesn’t? 🤦‍♂️

I have seen a couple of places (Basilio, low-level Knoxville media types on Twitter) make innuendo that the staff isn’t sure Bailey is the future. There is a small rumor out there that he isn’t the elite guy we were hoping for.

Has anyone else picked up on this?
Does anyone think it’s true?

That would be kinda depressing 🙃
You mean an offensive staff that can’t develop a QB thinks a former five star QB who broke all sorts of records in the toughest division in Georgia isn’t the future? It actually makes sense.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
giphy.gif

JP just said the firing of the DL coach was a philosophical decision. JP will coach the DL the remainder of the season.

He said the coach worked his tail off but it basically wasn’t a good fit.
In other words, he needs to learn to get along with people?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
My Jets have been cooled. They have had 3 classes with their name on it..... not one included a mediocre QB capable of beating our JG. I also don’t care about the COVID missed practices and stuff. Everyone is dealing with that.
You have hated the Pruitt hire from the beginning, and you have taken every little opportunity to tear him apart..so your opinion is **** to me...

Bama Jeremy really needs to find a Better way of learning these very important details in the interview process

There has to be more to it than that, but that's what he is saying publicly. However, whatever happened wasn't enough to terminate him with cause. I just find it hard to believe that you terminate him after 4 games in a pandemic with $800k left just on performance. "Philosophical differences" can be broad.

Blamed one pick on the WR not playing fast enough (the long out route) and then the RB on the other for running into JG.

Also just said JG has thrown very little INTs in practice. We need to be more efficient in QB protection. JG didn't play the best game, but neither did a lot of guys. He isn't ready to put JG on the shelf.

He obviously is watching something we aren't. I don't get it.
Nothing is ever JG's fault. <sigh>

This sucks ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back