Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need get back on track. Lost a battle but we gon eventually win this war. Mainly because one simple thang.

There something in Tennesseans that make us Volunteer for a fight, when it is just, at a much greater rate than your average, run of the mill cat.

We've been on a long march, undersupplied, under - equipped, outnumbered, with the odds stacked against us.

But Tennesseans don't give a damn. It's in our blood. We will carry the fight and keep it there, whether we get our asses whooped or not. Til the Lord takes us home.

We are an example to the world as Tennessee citizens. We will keep coming.

We are gonna be even more insufferable, obnoxious bastards soon enough. Interminable ingrates to our enemies. Irresistible force in the eyes of our fellow patriots.

Remember what we represent. This microcosm of society, this game of football, was taught to us by our grandfather's who Never even made it to a game, as a symbol of the spirit you should follow, the causes which you engage, and the diligence with which you pursue those ends.

Thank you to every Volunteer worldwide! Past and present.

Git Sum!

You're right in the sense we have no business overlooking them, but that's not the point. UGA and Bama are huge rival games for us, and that has never depended on us being championship contenders. The players were up for the UGA game and very much thought they could win it. Emotionally deflating for them. But I also gotta believe they'll want to redeem themselves for that horrible 2nd half, especially the offense and especially the OL.

I understand your point, but I think the very fact they got whipped so badly ended any chance of UK being a sandwich game. Had UT beaten #3 UGA, then yes, I think there might be a very real tendency to overlook UK and look ahead to a huge matchup with #2 Bama, since we would have likely moved into the Top 10 this week. But that azz-whooping showed we are not yet at that level and should have the team's attention and make it easy to focus on the game at hand.

Need get back on track. Lost a battle but we gon eventually win this war. Mainly because one simple thang.

There something in Tennesseans that make us Volunteer for a fight, when it is just, at a much greater rate than your average, run of the mill cat.

We've been on a long march, undersupplied, under - equipped, outnumbered, with the odds stacked against us.

But Tennesseans don't give a damn. It's in our blood. We will carry the fight and keep it there, whether we get our asses whooped or not. Til the Lord takes us home.

We are gonna be even more insufferable, obnoxious bastards soon enough. Interminable ingrates to our enemies. Irresistible force in the eyes of our fellow patriots.

Remember what we represent. This microcosm of society, this game of football, was taught to us by our grandfather's who Never even made it to a game, as a symbol of the spirit you should follow, the causes which you engage, and the diligence with which you pursue those ends.

Git Sum!
LETTUCE!!!

Reactions: VOLSONLY and StoVol

Git Sum!
Put this man on the university payroll. Put me in coach!

Git Sum!

Dammit StoVol, you got me so fired up that I ran through a wall...

My wife said that I have to repair it before I can watch the game 😳

Disney World yesterday. UT game today. It's been a good week.

View attachment 315090

There are few things better than Neyland on a cool fall day. 🍊 I can actually feel the cool air, hear the murmur of the crowd filing in, and smell the hot dogs just by looking at this picture. Man I love that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back