Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
120972058_3272382906150321_661660879673876106_o.jpg

For someone that nobody cares about, he is brought up an awful lot on a message board designated for discussions regarding recruitment of high school football players to an SEC school that has no connection whatsoever to him...
Well, it has to be discussed somewhere how much no one cares about him.

People who were not basketball fans tuned in to watch Jordan. They don’t tune in for LaBron.

🐐
I think the biggest issue with playoff basketball is that it typically isn’t going up playoff baseball and nfl Sunday night football. I also think nhl championship just wrapped up. I’m in agreement though, I’m not the biggest Lebron fan. But I still can’t deny he is a generational talent.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
Again, you’re showing how much you don’t know and how much you don’t comprehend & see past the BS. With Mutumbos son choosing Gtown, he’s showing his hand. He knew he wasn’t gonna be the PF we take in this class cuz he knows Jabari is likely coming here. Drink another cup of coffee and slap yourself.
Or skip the java so he can use both hands!

Come on man if you followed his recruitment many of the National experts said he was coming to Tennessee. Sure it’s no shame to lose him but many many many folks thought he was going to be a vol

There are plenty of post like this one over in his thread

It’s not quite as you say. If you followed his whole recruitment, our surge was recent and late.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Some people are thinking that Cody Brown is going to play LB which isn't the case. He is 100% a running back.

We recruited Crouch to play LB. If he wanted to play RB, he probably would of ended up at Clemson or even Michigan.

I've seen All Wilson mentioned a lot, but I think he was a safety that switched to LB.

I don't think anyone can question Pruitt's roster moves to this point. Banks is better at LB and Bennet is better slimmed down and rushing the QB. Taylor has become a really good corner.
Al Wilson starred at LB and RB in high school and was recruited at both by many schools. His final two were UT and Notre Dame who both recruited him solely on defense. Chavis told him they would start him out at DB and that lasted a microsecond. He was always going to be a linebacker at Tennessee.

I know everyone is loving the size on our Oline, but let's hope we are continuing to practice and get better there--- just because we have the size, we need to be able to execute. Don't forget at one point it took us 4 downs on the 2 yard line to punch it in this past weekend against mizz... What would GA's D line have done? We got the hoss's, but they gotta execute and road grade... With that said, I'm confident that this staff will have every position improving every week, which is a nice change of pace from botch.
I’m sure the coaches are sitting there like you know what boys we are so good.... we ain’t practicing no mo......

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It lasted til about two weeks ago and it disappeared.

Was that for me or Bruin?

I follow basketball recruiting fairly closely, and Mutombo didn’t appear to be a name at the top of the board for a while until the recent surge. I think Chandler’s and Meshack’s commitment helped the surge.

Was that for me or Bruin?

I follow basketball recruiting fairly closely, and Mutombo didn’t appear to be a name at the top of the board for a while until the recent surge. I think Chandler’s and Meshack’s commitment helped the surge.

From early September until a week or so ago we were considered the favorite. Once we lost the 5 star to Duke most thought we were getting Him

Not feeling very confident on Smith now either with the auburn mod picking them this morning

From early September until a week or so ago we were considered the favorite. Once we lost the 5 star to Duke most thought we were getting Him

Not feeling very confident on Smith now either with the auburn mod picking them this morning

You realize that’s about a 2 week time period? We weren’t the favorite before September, and I don’t even remember UT being in the conversation. If I’m reading it correctly, Brian Snow at 247 has a CB for Georgetown on 6/4, and Jerry Meyer on 9/8. They are both reliable.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
You realize that’s about a 2 week time period? We weren’t the favorite before September, and I don’t even remember UT being in the conversation. If I’m reading it correctly, Brian Snow at 247 has a CB for Georgetown on 6/4, and Jerry Meyer on 9/8. They are both reliable.

Snow was one Of the guys that was hot and heavy on the vols in early September. One other prominent national guy(Evans) forecasted the vols and even predicted a commitment was possible that same week.

Yes it was 2-3 week timeframe after we lost the kid to Duke that a commitment appeared eminent.

I have to wonder if we told the kid to wait because we weren’t going to take both and smith. Hope we don’t lose both

Lowest finals ratings ever. Nobody cares about him
I think it stems from people being tired of politics in sports. I refuse to watch because of it. I know many others who won’t watch the NFL or NBA now because of it. Fans have a voice too.

I think it stems from people being tired of politics in sports. I refuse to watch because of it. I know many others who won’t watch the NFL or NBA now because of it. Fans have a voice too.

I’m sure some people aren’t watching because of politics but I can’t lie the crowd is starting to matter to me now.

I am huge baseball fan and I even admit I can’t watch these playoff games. I can’t feel any intensity and it feels like a bad spring training game to me. That didn’t bother me at first when sports first came back but now it’s effecting my willingness to tune in.

Pearl has good connections in Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back