Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m probably not smart enough haha! When I was in school I was all about aviation. I have awful eyes though and not a good mechanic.
Just curious, why guard and not active duty? I enjoyed my MOS 19D.
Take advantage of every opportunity the military gives you. It helped me with education while in and also my career outside of the military.

I hate Wolken, but I don't see how asking for more details is getting pranked. Did he write a story? Clay, the lead coronacuck, is trying just as hard. A couple of Vandy morons...no not morans. They do not deserve to be put on such a pedal stool.
They’re both pre-Madonnas. I take everything they say with a grade of slaw.

200 hrs. Also with the "enhanced," you can fast-forward through all commercials. We didn't like having to sit through commercials on some shows and games we recorded. That was the main reason we upgraded. 50 hrs would have been enough for us.
Yeah youtubetv has ff through everything and I don't know if 200 hours would be enough for our household. Ill stick with it just hope they stop hiking the monthly rate.

Reactions: Kristy*
I hate Wolken, but I don't see how asking for more details is getting pranked. Did he write a story? Clay, the lead coronacuck, is trying just as hard. A couple of Vandy morons...no not morans. They do not deserve to be put on such a pedal stool.
Responding to a random email like that because it might be something to support his preconceived notion is pretty embarrassing for someone that is supposed to be a respected national media member. You know who would typically take the time to respond to that email....a "journalist" from TMZ or the National Enquirer.

Reactions: TennacJed
Who was he buried behind?
Nobody all that great. This seems like more a statement on him. Our TE spot has plenty of openings and we don't have much talent there. And now Dee is at RB. Really really hope our incoming 2021 TEs all hit, we need playmakers there in the worst way. Hope Pope returns too, his blocking is huge!

Last edited:
Responding to a random email like that because it might be something to support his preconceived notion is pretty embarrassing for someone that is supposed to be a respected national media member. You know who would typically take the time to respond to that email....a "journalist" from TMZ or the National Enquirer.
"Follow up on every lead"

Nobody all that great. This seems like more a statement on him. Our TE spot has plentt of openings and we don't have much talent there. And now Dee is at RB. Really really hope our incoming 2021 TEs all hit, we need playmakers there in the worst way. Hope Pope returns too, his blocking is huge!
I think Dee is very talented and would make an excellent TE but I think they’re trying to get the ball into a playmaker’s hands, in that situation. He’s got the size and the speed

Some fans have reminded us that we started out slow at the beginning of the season last year and it’s sometimes characterized in a way to suggest this is a trait associated with Pruitt’s style. He and the staff did get a lot of criticism for the slow start last year and from unlikely sources, Doug Mathews, the guys on Big Orange Hotline, etc.

So while it’s clear getting through camp with guys in and out has been a challenge I don’t think in reality Pruitt is using that as an excuse. We’re not the only team that has had a lot of guys miss practice time. I think, and it’s just my perception, that Pruitt is trying to maintain a sense of urgency with our guys. We’ve had 15 practices. South Carolina had 18 practices and called it quits for fall camp yesterday. Tomorrow they start working on us and tomorrow we start working on them.

Pruitt has said we’ve already been doing some work on SC here and there throughout fall camp, and ONLY SC. Last year near the end of fall camp we were working on some of our future opponents, not GSU. We’re not doing that this year and Pruitt has been careful to point out that the only opponent we are focused on is SC.

By keeping us in camp mode for the SC and MO games the idea is for us to continue working on fundamentals but I think it’s also an effort to emphasize the sense of urgency Pruitt wants us to have as we hit the field for our first couple of games. We can’t afford to take anyone lightly. jmo.

Pruitt on Finebaum today:

ON HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE STILL UNAVAILABLE FOR PRACTICE…
“Well, we've continued to improve. We've not had as much COVID as we've had contact tracing [issues], but there was definitely a two-week period where we had as many as 40 or 50 players out for practice. Those numbers have dramatically declined over the last couple of days, so we're starting to get guys back as we start preparing for South Carolina.”
ON TEAMS STRUGGLING TO TACKLE EARLY IN THE SEASON BECAUSE OF MISSED PRACTICES, AND GETTING A TEAM READY TO PLAY IN THAT KIND OF ENVIRONMENT…
“You know, for the guys that have that have obviously missed a lot of practice time, the first thing you're concerned about is the guys who handled the football, ‘cause you need to get bumped around and tackled during fall camp. We’re gonna have several guys that's not had that opportunity, so we've got to be creative as a staff to present that to ‘em in a controlled environment leading up for the next 10 days. And then obviously, the fundamental part of blocking and tackling [is important]. You know, the unique thing about football, the only way you can improve at it is to actually go out there and do it over and over and over again. We're gonna have some young man that that's not had a whole lot of chances to participate in scrimmages that will play early on in the season. We've got to give them the opportunity and present it to ‘em at practice. I think our staff and our players have been positive and creative with ways to figure out how to do that.”
ON HIS SENSE OF WHERE HIS TEAM HEADING INTO THE NEW SEASON, AND THE BUZZ AROUND THE MOMENTUM GENERATED FROM THE WAY 2019 ENDED…
“Well, we've had a really good offseason as we came back in June. Our guys have been focused, and they've got a really good understanding of what this season could possibly [involve], the circumstances that could happen during the season. And, you know, as we prepare during fall camp, we've obviously had a lot of guys out, but the guys that have been here have been very positive. They’ve worked hard. We've got a really good culture with our guys here, really good leadership, so we're excited about getting started.”
ON HIS THOUGHTS ON TENNESSEE’S SEC-ONLY SCHEDULE IN 2020 THAT OPENS AT SOUTH CAROLINA AND ENDS AGAINST FLORIDA AND LOOKS TOUGH ON PAPER…
“Well, in our league, anybody can can beat anybody any week, so you're gonna have to be ready to play. And there's obviously, you know, there could be circumstances where maybe guys that don't have as much experience have to play at any point in time. So, having these walk-throughs back here in the summertime has been critical; just, you know, giving a young kid or somebody with a lack of experience some opportunities to slow down and teach. And so that's been good. And I feel good about our staff and their teaching progression. And, you know, as we work over the next 10 days, we've really got to improve as a football team, and we've got to take every day and really every period [seriously], you know? We can't take it for granted.”

Translation: #WGWTA .....jmo.

Have a hard time believing Mathis and Beck are looking as good as UGA folks are saying. Beck was awful his senior year.

They might have the worst QB situation in the east alongside Vandy if JT isn't fully cleared, which seems to still be up in the air.
'National Champion Georgia Bulldogs'

That's where we keep files on posters -- your "permanent record" if you will. Blood type, known medical conditions, social security number, next of kin... that kind of thing. It's like the FBI database but more detailed.

Either that or it's just a heap of nonsense.

That's where he keeps all the Sab gate files. lol

Reactions: gainesvol82
Nobody all that great. This seems like more a statement on him. Our TE spot has plenty of openings and we don't have much talent there. And now Dee is at RB. Really really hope our incoming 2021 TEs all hit, we need playmakers there in the worst way. Hope Pope returns too, his blocking is huge!
I was thinking he should get plenty of playing time this year. Maybe he thought he was going to be starter with Pope injured and was passed by someone. IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back