Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody attempting to go to an away game this year?

It’s hard to see how it would be worth it. Not even from a virus standpoint, just seems it would be money spent on an experience that wouldn’t be very much fun.
We’re going to Auburn - staying at University Station RV Campground. They’re having a band and the game on a big screen. It’s going to be so much fun!

We’ll also be going to Athens ‘cause dawg hubby.

We’ll also be in Knoxville on the parking deck at the coliseum for Missouri - GO VOLS!

No offense, but I'm gonna steer clear of beavers with orange teeth.

You ever seen the movie Teeth? It will make ya think twice next time you're in that area....then again, you'd be fine as long as you're not a rapey perv.

My wife's grandmother just got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Still waiting on biopsy results for more information and plan development. I'm going to try to get her to Jacksonville for the Mayo clinic so we can help. Her grandfather also has dementia and is near requiring an assisted living facility. I'm praying for all of you. Hearts are heavy in 2020

Praying for you and your family, good results and wisdom. 2020 sucks.

Guys I'm absolutely heartbroken. My dad passed away from surgical complications early Wed. morning at Vanderbilt hospital. He had a heart transplant 17 years ago and had just received his second on Tuesday. The surgery went well but his valves were too fragile for the heart to properly connect to and they weren't able to get his bleeding under control.

I've never really shared much about my personal life on here but my dad was a huge reason why I'm a Vols fan. Our shared passion for the team was an amazing way for us to bond. We would constantly text each other about commitments and would always talk on the phone after games...if the Vols won. If they lost, we both needed a day or two to cool off before mentioning it, haha.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in 6 weeks. It would have been his first grandchild. He was so excited to meet him/her (we don't know the gender yet), and now he won't be able to. My brother said that he will be our child's guardian angel.

I've read so many posts about people losing loved ones in these threads over the years and they've always touched me. Because I've always known my dad's life expectancy was going to be cut short due to his health problems and transplant. He got a second chance at life in 2003 but he paid dearly for it. He had so many procedures and operations to keep him going afterward and he took an entire pharmacy's worth of pills 100 times over. But he never complained and just kept going. Unfortunately, he ran out of gas at a time when I needed him the most, but my family believes that he was simply too tired for another fight and that he was at peace knowing his family was in a good spot.

My wife sent this pic to me last night of the three of us at the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jan. 2015. We attended many games together over the years and it was an annual tradition to meet up for at least one. I'm going to miss the hell out of him and I will never be able to watch a Vols game without him thinking of him and wanting to call him afterward to get his thoughts. Hug your loved ones, guys.

View attachment 304336

Praying for you. Hang on to those good memories.

Memphis had Prince Mongo, who ran for both county and city mayorships from the late 70s until who knows. I haven't lived there since 2010 but I believe he may still be running. Claimed he was from the planet Zambodia, and one of his early campaign platforms was Christmas Everyday.

1. “When elected, I will get rid of all pit bulls and the city council.

Taxes will be optional.”

2. “My education policy is simple: Don’t fool around with the ladies. You’ll lose respect.”

3. “As for industry, it will come in droves, lured from all over the world and Bulgaria. It would have been here sooner if I’d told ‘em to come.”

https://www.memphiscurrent.com/post/mongo-for-mayor
Dude was on American pickers several years ago. It is all an act. Everything he sold, he gave all the money to St Judes

Guys I'm absolutely heartbroken. My dad passed away from surgical complications early Wed. morning at Vanderbilt hospital. He had a heart transplant 17 years ago and had just received his second on Tuesday. The surgery went well but his valves were too fragile for the heart to properly connect to and they weren't able to get his bleeding under control.

I've never really shared much about my personal life on here but my dad was a huge reason why I'm a Vols fan. Our shared passion for the team was an amazing way for us to bond. We would constantly text each other about commitments and would always talk on the phone after games...if the Vols won. If they lost, we both needed a day or two to cool off before mentioning it, haha.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in 6 weeks. It would have been his first grandchild. He was so excited to meet him/her (we don't know the gender yet), and now he won't be able to. My brother said that he will be our child's guardian angel.

I've read so many posts about people losing loved ones in these threads over the years and they've always touched me. Because I've always known my dad's life expectancy was going to be cut short due to his health problems and transplant. He got a second chance at life in 2003 but he paid dearly for it. He had so many procedures and operations to keep him going afterward and he took an entire pharmacy's worth of pills 100 times over. But he never complained and just kept going. Unfortunately, he ran out of gas at a time when I needed him the most, but my family believes that he was simply too tired for another fight and that he was at peace knowing his family was in a good spot.

My wife sent this pic to me last night of the three of us at the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jan. 2015. We attended many games together over the years and it was an annual tradition to meet up for at least one. I'm going to miss the hell out of him and I will never be able to watch a Vols game without him thinking of him and wanting to call him afterward to get his thoughts. Hug your loved ones, guys.

View attachment 304336
So sorry to hear that. God Bless, sounds like you had a great dad.

We’re going to Auburn - staying at University Station RV Campground. They’re having a band and the game on a big screen. It’s going to be so much fun!

We’ll also be going to Athens ‘cause dawg hubby.

We’ll also be in Knoxville on the parking deck at the coliseum for Missouri - GO VOLS!
Would love to do this for a game! My close friend takes his 5th wheel to WVU games and just camps and tailgates, never goes to games. Do y’all have a coach or pull behind?

Reactions: OrangenSC
Anybody attempting to go to an away game this year?

It’s hard to see how it would be worth it. Not even from a virus standpoint, just seems it would be money spent on an experience that wouldn’t be very much fun.
I thought about it, my vacation days even line up better with making away games over home games with the revamped schedule.

Like you said, I bet it would be an odd experience and also looks like tickets will be quite expensive on 3rd party sites this year. Part of the fun of attending an away game is being in a small orange cocoon, and that’s just not going to exist this year.

Reactions: OrangenSC
So basically accurate for the first time.

On July 29th I posted the following:

With some of our major population centers (Memphis & Nashville) now below 1.00 for effective reproduction rates (Re) of the virus the number of active cases appears to be rolling over. We just need a little more work elsewhere in the state and this thing may drop off of a cliff. Active cases reported in the state today declined by 612. That’s not a small number. It’s actually I think the first real recent decline so we’ll have to see if a trend develops. We need follow through. I'm cautiously optimistic. jmo.

Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

So as you note, with the updated reporting format from the state, better late than never, we did in fact go over the cliff. jmo.

From the UT dashboard today:

ScreenHunter 583.png

ArcGIS Dashboards

Would love to do this for a game! My close friend takes his 5th wheel to WVU games and just camps and tailgates, never goes to games. Do y’all have a coach or pull behind?
We have a coach. I love going to the games but also love the tailgates - this year it’ll be tailgates only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back