Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if/how they'll modify the four game redshirt rule this year? Keep it at 4? Drop it to 3 games?
That's a really good question. I believe 4 was originally chosen to mirror the 1/3 season (4/12 games) medical redshirt requirement it also replaced. One-third of 10 games is not an integer, but rounding down to 3 games would like seem the reasonable move.

We'll see if the NCAA can actually move that quickly to change it...won't hold my breath.

Reactions: volfaninpa
Rules have always been different for them. They are the product. Same reason they make millions. Without them, there is no product. They have a ton of power. If that upsets you, go be better at sports 🤷🏻‍♂
Without FANS there is no product and their current path is driving fans away. Think viewership and attendance will reflect this

Guess we’ll find out how biased the SEC is with their special schools. If certain schools get easier schedules then you know the fix is in.

Reactions: crovol
Guess we’ll find out how biased the SEC is with their special schools. If certain schools get easier schedules then you know the fix is in.
Per 247, there are 3 models...being voted on by SEC schools (ADs?).

Jmo, but I could see everyone ganging up on Bama to screw them over.

Per 247, there are 3 models...being voted on by SEC schools (ADs?).

Jmo, but I could see everyone ganging up on Bama to screw them over.
I actually could be with you on this one. Nothing would make the conference chuckle more than hammering Bama like that. Hahahahaha

Pretty sure the only reason they aren't doing it the way they should is because UF is bitching about adding Bama and A&M lol
They need to get over it. We play Bama every single year. They deserve to have their teeth kicked in by a juggernaut repeatedly

Without FANS there is no product and their current path is driving fans away. Think viewership and attendance will reflect this

Scare tactic - People will always watch sports IMO. Also, doesn’t change the point that they have WAY more power than regular Joe Schmoe working his job. It’s just the way it is.

But IF it drives fans away, then they can adjust their stance.

Speaking of less fans tho, I usually have some casual interest in NBA. And not having sports for months, you’d think I’d be all over watching now that it’s back. Haven’t even wanted to turn it on yet and I am someone who is all for players kneeling if that’s how they want to protest.

I think when March Madness was cancelled a little bit of my love for sport (all sport) died and life became weird and I’ve had to find other ways of entertaining myself. I guess that can be a good thing but damn, who am I???

I REALLY need Vols Football. Like deep down in my soul I need it.

Rules have always been different for them. They are the product. Same reason they make millions. Without them, there is no product. They have a ton of power. If that upsets you, go be better at sports 🤷🏻‍♂
Thats my point. Rules are different why? Without a lot of workers there is no product or work being done by a company. Maybe come up with an actual answer.

Thats my point. Rules are different why? Without a lot of workers there is no product or work being done by a company. Maybe come up with an actual answer.

Because they have more power than a regular person working their job. They just do, man. Why be so upset about it? Turn the channel...

Because they have more power than a regular person working their job. They just do, man. Why be so upset about it? Turn the channel...
Its a legitimate question. I bring it up because I have a feeling CFB is going to be bad with it this year. My guess is I won't watch it much this year, and I know many others who feel the same sentiment as me.

Reactions: Volator
As expected - an all SEC schedule. Love the later starting date. More development time for the freshmen and existing roster players to learn new roles like Crouch. Look at this season as a building block to long term success.

The results this season will go a long way toward telling us the actual status of the program. No more schedule questions and issues - just play SEC football and man up. Even guys held out for COVID concerns will tell us how much good depth we have on the roster and where the weak spots are.

Pumped. Go Vols!
Depth is going to be huge with a 10 game SEC schedule.

Its a legitimate question. I bring it up because I have a feeling CFB is going to be bad with it this year. My guess is I won't watch it much this year, and I know many others who feel the same sentiment as me.

I’ll watch and I know many others who share my sentiment as well. Personally I have zero problem with players silently and peacefully protesting but if you don’t want to watch then that’s your prerogative, for sure.

You could always record the games and fast forward through the 2 minutes at the beginning of the broadcast that upsets you. Or just not watch that part of the broadcast. And I’m saying that legitimately and not as being an azzhole about it.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
I’ll watch and I know many others who share my sentiment as well. Personally I have zero problem with players silently and peacefully protesting but if you don’t want to watch then that’s your prerogative, for sure.

You could always record the games and fast forward through the 2 minutes at the beginning of the broadcast that upsets you. Or just not watch that part of the broadcast. And I’m saying that legitimately and not as being an azzhole about it.
Its what I do for baseball, but CFB is going to be so much worse especially with the statements. I know there are people on both sides. Im not going to go into my whole deep dive of why I disagree in here, but if you would like to meet in the Politic forum I would be more than happy too.
Anyway best wishes and I will drop it at this point as I dont think others want pages of this drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back