Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so. Perhaps I am just old fashioned and dont understand today’s world but it seems to me we are coming off as a fan base that is “celebrating” some fictitious victories when we don’t have real ones to enjoy.

I think it would be different if the guy was a Vols fan and trying to live vicariously/earn bragging rights through the game. But he's not. He just ended up "coaching" the team via NCAA 14 dynasty mode.

Reactions: bigorange
Maybe so. Perhaps I am just old fashioned and dont understand today’s world but it seems to me we are coming off as a fan base that is “celebrating” some fictitious victories when we don’t have real ones to enjoy.

Or just enjoying some goofy, tongue-in-cheek parody based on real-world rivalries as a fun proxy for the real sports we can’t watch right now.

maybe you're taking it a bit too seriously is why you think that way. I just think its funny. There is nothing else to do right now as far as our college football teams go. We are kicking ass recruiting and this video game thing is just funny. Dont take it so serious.

The fact that no real sports are currently happening helps a great deal in how it's perceived. With the exception of our rivals, most people are getting a kick out of it. It's fun during a time when people are looking for fun distractions. Add that it has Tennessee's name out there during a time of lockdown in a positive way. End of the day, it's great publicity, done in an innocent, light hearted way.

It didn't seem to bother Manning very much. He was nervous early but settled down and hit tons of quality shots. I also think Brady wanted to play better than Manning and he didn't do it. That may have screwed him up but I have serious doubts that he's an 8 handicap. JMO.
Peyton is the best NFL golfer since AL Del Greco.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
😂 Now Virginia Tech Football is posting their win over the Vols in 2009 on Twitter.
err'body shook!

lol @ all of them.......i think this is hilarious....a fake game on an 8 year old video game that goes viral over social media has REAL people finding the need to respond, because, it's not real, and we need to remind everyone of it....????

L O freaking L!!!!!

rent free everywhere cause of a video game...and a fan base that doesn't give a ............. what anyone thinks.

make me smile...........

I made a comment on lady vols thread about Sarah Puckett only shooting 30 % from 3 and got attacked w "don't watch" comments. Seriously...some of you sunshine pumpers have mental problems. The only acceptable response when we have a new recruit is they are the best ever...and everything Vols do is the best in the world. 2 star? Should be a 5 star and its just espn hate. Did I miss the last decade of us winning nattys every single year and every sport? Jeez. How about REAL discussion instead of this "Vols are #1 at everything and you're a hater if you think otherwise" crap.
You are doing awesome in the Nega Vol manual. You only left out how much of a realist you are.

err'body shook!

lol @ all of them.......i think this is hilarious....a fake game on an 8 year old video game that goes viral over social media has REAL people finding the need to respond, because, it's not real, and we need to remind everyone of it....????

L O freaking L!!!!!

rent free everywhere cause of a video game...and a fan base that doesn't give a ............. what anyone thinks.

make me smile...........
Or properly translated to 2020 English as

Jits wishin they be lu cause they nu. Naw meen

err'body shook!

L O freaking L!!!!!

make me smile...........
Screenshot_20200527-111800_Twitter.jpgScreenshot_20200527-111806_Twitter.jpg

Notre Dame President is saying there will be no full stadiums at a minimum.

Also Disney is reopening on July 11th with a mask requirement. We have Disney annual passes and there is no way in hell I can go in the summer with a mask on. Way too hot.

Notre Dame president sees 'no way currently' to allow fans at football games without limiting attendance

These masks will create more of a lawsuit than not wearing one. We can’t ask little kids to recycle their own CO2 and bacteria. They absolutely will pass out.

Notre Dame President is saying there will be no full stadiums at a minimum.

Also Disney is reopening on July 11th with a mask requirement. We have Disney annual passes and there is no way in hell I can go in the summer with a mask on. Way too hot.

Notre Dame president sees 'no way currently' to allow fans at football games without limiting attendance
If 6 ft between people is in place, what does that equate to? I wonder. Maybe 25% capacity? Would be like having 26k in Neyland.

These masks will create more of a lawsuit than not wearing one. We can’t ask little kids to recycle their own CO2 and bacteria. They absolutely will pass out.

It’s summer in the south as far as I’m concerned. This thing will be back in the fall and we’ll be on lockdown again. It’s time to get outside and try to live normally for the few months we have until it begins again. Masks need to go for now at least.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back