Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

407g31.jpg

Sometimes people do strange things. My wife was a nurse and when I was the pastor of a church in Louisiana, she met a nurse that had a set of twin boys. She asked their name and the lady told her they were Lemonjelo and Orangjelo. My wife asked where she got the names from and the lady told her that she couldn't decide on a name but when she got home she saw two boxes of Jello on the table. You guessed it, lemon Jello and orange Jello. I promise you this is a true story.
An urban legend as old as time. Or at least jello.

Reactions: jakez4ut
that story has been around for ages.

im 46 and i remember my dad telling that "joke" when i was kid, except the family was from Memphis, not LA.............
i'm pretty sure it's not true...

lol.

Oh my soul not only is it not true its so old they kicked Noah's butt for tell it.

Give me your 2020 break out player from each year

Senior
Josh Palmer.... I already liked the guys natural ability and felt he really came on at the end of last year. I think he leads the team in receptions next season and finds himself getting drafted in the first three rounds.

Junior
Princeton Fant.... Wide open hole at TE and we’re going to need someone to step up. I think Fant could be the man.

Sophomore
Jaylen McCoullough..... Lets face it: Flowers isn’t reliable because of health. Shamburger isn’t consistent. Warrior is gone so we need someone. McCoullough doesn’t have the speed to be a traditional back end safety but I think he can be a terror in the box. Always in the mix. I’d expect him to flash big plays on a weekly basis.

Freshman
Harrison Bailey.... Feels like too easy of an answer. Very likely our starting QB at some point, provided we don’t land JT Daniels.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch

Senior
Josh Palmer.... I already liked the guys natural ability and felt he really came on at the end of last year. I think he leads the team in receptions next season and finds himself getting drafted in the first three rounds.

Junior
Princeton Fant.... Wide open hole at TE and we’re going to need someone to step up. I think Fant could be the man.

Sophomore
Jaylen McCoullough..... Lets face it: Flowers isn’t reliable because of health. Shamburger isn’t consistent. Warrior is gone so we need someone. McCoullough doesn’t have the speed to be a traditional back end safety but I think he can be a terror in the box. Always in the mix. I’d expect him to flash big plays on a weekly basis.

Freshman
Harrison Bailey.... Feels like too easy of an answer. Very likely our starting QB at some point, provided we don’t land JT Daniels.
Senior: Gooden

Junior: Emerson

Sophomore: Keyton

Freshman: HB

that story has been around for ages.

im 46 and i remember my dad telling that "joke" when i was kid, except the family was from Memphis, not LA.............
i'm pretty sure it's not true...

lol.

Yep. I heard the Female joke years ago, but it was told as a woman with a baby in an airplane seat and the gentleman sitting next to her asked the baby's name, and the woman replied 'Female" (pronounced Tamale). The gentleman said that was an unusual name and inquired the origins of the name. The woman said she had no idea, that the hospital had given the baby the name as it was on the wrist bracelet placed on the baby's arm at birth.

Years ago in Memphis Rock 103 had Drake and Zeke on during the afternoon rush hour drive, they did a segment called "Bad Baby Name of the Day" . . . OB nurses would send in names and OMG, I don't know how many close calls I had driving because I was laughing so hard!!

I miss Zeke. And Drake was given a raw deal being taken off the air.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and BigDave
Oh and 0 alerts, bishes.
i went away for a couple days, and when i got back on my alerts were like 300 or so........and i figured, 'well, i'm not going to spend time on that', so i just left them....not gonna lie though...i've almost clicked on it a couple times....lol.

now i'm trying to get that Cheagle ride and free bbq.
@Glitch @Sleegro
1588699366539.png

I was thinking about this earlier. This recruiting year for Pruitt is year 4 which was Butch's 2016 recruiting class. This class was signed on the heels of a 9-4 season with what we all thought was an SEC Title contending team going into the 2016 season. Looking at the 2016 class it was underwhelming (15th in the nation on Rivals) for the positive outlook we had at the time and was extremely lackluster in the Front 7 on defense and the OL.

Here's the 2016 Front 7 and OL class.

Mykelle McDaniel (DE) - 3*
Johnathon Kongbo (DE) - 5*
Marcus Tatum (OT) - 3*
Nathan Niehaus (OT) - 3*
JaQuain Blakely (LB) - 4*
Daniel Bituli (LB) - 4*
Alexis Johnson (DT) - 4*
Ryan Johnson (OT) - 4*

At the time Kongbo was really seen as our only "elite" Front 7/OL player we brought in and dang did this class turn out bad with the exception of Bituli.

Pruitt's year 4 in the trenches not only on pace to dwarf the 2016 class up front but it might have the making of being a Top 3 class overall. This is where the game is won fellas and we are setting ourselves up for some MAJOR success in the future.
I wouldn't call Blakely a bust. That kid ate up alot of blockers last year on 3rd downs, and made the game saving tackle against Kentucky. I think he was in an almost every tackle on that goal line stand.

I heard something interesting the other day. A buddy of mine talked to Tee recently. He said high school and college coaches actually pay to have their kids ranked higher. That the recruiting sites are a sham. I've always taken it with a grain of salt, and thought certain fan bases that buy more yearly memberships drove that, but that was kind of a revealing to me.

Senior

Junior

Sophomore

Freshman

Palmer
Bennett
Keyton
Joseph

Senior

Junior

Sophomore

Freshman
I mean this respectfully, but I’d say Palmer already broke out.

Senior

Junior

Sophomore

Freshman
Senior Anyone of the DLineman
Junior Hopefully JJ Peterson
Sophmore Gray
Freshman Lawerence

I miss Zeke. And Drake was given a raw deal being taken off the air.

Didn't know about Drake and Zeke being off the air, we left Memphis in 1999 . . . but they were hilarious and Bad Baby Name of the Day was by far my favorite segment!!!

GBO

i went away for a couple days, and when i got back on my alerts were like 300 or so........and i figured, 'well, i'm not going to spend time on that', so i just left them....not gonna lie though...i've almost clicked on it a couple times....lol.

now i'm trying to get that Cheagle ride and free bbq.
@Glitch @Sleegro
View attachment 276741

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back