Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t beat the ‘Vouz for atmosphere. It’s got it, hands down. They definitely are different ribs though... cooked over hot coals.

Side note - last time I was at Rendevouz I was sitting in the back. Table next to me had Ricky Fowler and his smokin hot girlfriend among others. He must have been in town for the St Jude.
If you like dry rub ribs it can't be beat.

Last edited:
It's fine. Just get Brandon Sanderson to finish it like he did Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time." This task would be easier than what he did as masterfully as one possibly could in that situation. JMO IMO BBQ INVU4URAQT
I love Sanderson. He is my favorite author. He did a terrific job with WoT. I think GRRM has stated he doesn't want anyone to finish it should something to him. Sanderson would be an awesome choice to finish it, though.

I love Sanderson. He is my favorite author. He did a terrific job with WoT. I think GRRM has stated he doesn't want anyone to finish it should something to him. Sanderson would be an awesome choice to finish it, though.

I'm not sure I could have handled WoT not being finished. Lucky for us we had Harriet, his wife, tons of notes, and audio for Sanderson to utilize in constructing the conclusion. I only remembered @Glitch as a WoT lover. Glad to see another fan.

My Facebook post from three years ago. It's one of my best memories from being deployed.

And Grace Danced Home

I would like to ask you to journey briefly back to the Summer of 1996. I was deployed to Bosnia and Herzegovina as part of Operation Joint Endeavor. 1996 was still very slightly ahead of the internet and email age. So, mail from home was always most welcome. I got a letter one morning from my Aunt Terri ( I really miss her a lot these days). The letter was not exactly from her. It was written by her, but dictated to her by my cousins, Michael and Stephan. I lived with them right before my deployment and I had been working very hard to convince Michael and Stephan that the Chicago Cubs were the key to the universe. As I was reading, I could hear the excitement in Stephan's voice as he described watching a Cubs game as he knew that I was not able to see them in Bosnia. He vividly described the ball sailing over the outfielder's head as Mark Grace ran around the bases. When the outfielder could not corral the ball quickly enough, he let me know that Grace had scored on the play. Only he did not say that Grace scored. He said, so very poetically, "and Grace danced home." I do not remember other details from that letter, nor do I recall who was batting or who the Cubs were playing, but the phrase "And Grace danced home," came to mean that hope still lived. Often, on those long road trips in Bosnia and in other places, later, I would envision the Cubs winning it all with Mark Grace scoring the winning run as he danced home. This phrase, as I aged, grew bigger, than the game. It came to represent all that was good and right with the world, even when everything most clearly was not. This magical past November, when the Cubs' gloriously exorcised all of those demons, I kept recalling these wonderful, beautiful words. I think of it now and I smile. It still seems to represent that hope that springs eternal and I am ever grateful for that letter, for so many reasons. Thank you Mike and Steve. I miss our story times. I cherish them though as I hope to cherish the memory of that letter always.

Tl;Dr?

Cubs!

It's fine. Just get Brandon Sanderson to finish it like he did Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time." This task would be easier than what he did as masterfully as one possibly could in that situation. JMO IMO BBQ INVU4URAQT

Agreed. Sanderson did great ending WoT. Only character he didn't completely nail was Mat.

Unfortunately GRRM is an a-hole who would rather take the series to his grave than let someone else finish it. Maybe a talented author would fan fiction it and just not officially publish it.

Agreed. Sanderson did great ending WoT. Only character he didn't completely nail was Mat.

Unfortunately GRRM is an a-hole who would rather take the series to his grave than let someone else finish it. Maybe a talented author would fan fiction it and just not officially publish it.

Mat was a very complex character, as were most. I take care/comfort that Harriet was pleased with the portrayal and she had to approve before publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back