Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I don’t post on here often, but tomorrow I have my boards test for Occuapational Therapy, and I’m wigging out a little, so if you could send prayers or positive vibes my way, I sure would appreciate it.
You got this. Every board I have sat for has been way easier than the prep classes. They scare you then you get in there and destroy it.

Oh and SaS, my offer will always stand if there's any info or experience that I can share.

I know exactly what she's feeling. The sudden pulses of pain causes the muscles around the pancreas to contract. Every contraction causes a reaction in the pancreas and it becomes a continuously worsening cycle. Stopping the pain immediately can change everything.

I waited way too long because of the fear mongering on TV. Once I self educated and jumped thru all the hoops, I could've kicked my own arse for waiting.
I know there are people that are easily addicted and they suffer, would never suggest otherwise. But there's a hell of a lot suffering that are like me and has no ill effects at all.
I have been on them over the years for some surgeries, such as knee replacement, and people need the meds to manage the pain. Ditto the no ill effects in my case either. Just took them as needed and stopped when pain was more manageable. Stopping people with legitimate need for pain meds only hurt the people who truly need the meds. Mexican drug cartels will pump tons of illegal opiates across the border to supply the demand, just like pot and meth.

Off topic but idc... after a week long trip taking my gf from Jacksonville to New Orleans, then to stay with her family in Dallas, I'm leaving to go home. She starts flight attendant training for the next 6 weeks here and will then after will be stationed here in Dallas. I've never connected with someone like I have with her. Long distance is going to be tough and now I'm (even more) sad

That’s rough, bro. As someone who moved around a lot in my 20s and early 30s I ended up in long-distance relationships multiple times. Don’t listen to the people who say it can’t work. It can. You just have to put in as much time, thought, energy, and effort as you would if you were in the same place. That’s hard to do when you don’t get the payoffs that come with being together physically, but if she’s worth it, give it everything you’ve got. I had a couple of long-distance relationships fail, but the last one became my wife, and I couldn’t be happier with the person I get to share my life with.

Last edited:
Western Montana is beautiful, eastern is flat. Going to the Sun highway is an awesome drive in Glacier Park. Road is built along a cliff face with a sheer drop below on the west side. It was a New Deal project in the '30s. Amazing engineering and construction feat.
Bozeman in the Autumn. The Aspen trees jutting like candles frame the picture. Gallatin, Madison natives. Top it all off with a Montana Ale Worx Burger & Nitro Vanilla Porter.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Is it love is blind?
It is. She started it and I’m like, “no way.” Almost finished it now. I find it fascinating from a psychological point of view. So much brokenness people are trying to fill.

Also, I noticed how it’s incredible how alcohol is in every single moment of the show. Everyone is hammered all the time and I’m not so sure this isn’t intentional from the producers to keep people from thinking rationally.

Oh and SaS, my offer will always stand if there's any info or experience that I can share.

I know exactly what she's feeling. The sudden pulses of pain causes the muscles around the pancreas to contract. Every contraction causes a reaction in the pancreas and it becomes a continuously worsening cycle. Stopping the pain immediately can change everything.

I waited way too long because of the fear mongering on TV. Once I self educated and jumped thru all the hoops, I could've kicked my own arse for waiting.
I know there are people that are easily addicted and they suffer, would never suggest otherwise. But there's a hell of a lot suffering that are like me and has no ill effects at all.

Some people have medical conditions that require them to be on pain medicine for the rest of their lives and that's unfortunate. The key is finding the right meds and the lowest dosage possible that provides comfort. This leaves the person with options if they develop a tolerance or the pain worsens.

Some addicts can recover without meds if they have the will power and desire to do it. Some have altered their brain chemistry to the point that they need help and there are options available.

None of these people should be looked down on. All three situations are medical conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back