Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the one trying to get you to see the other side to your original complaint but ok, yes, different strokes for different folks. And as you surely know, this a message board, everyone is right and everyone else is wrong, don't act like you are astonished by strong opinions lol
Did you actually think I thought you were being cruel to your dogs? I was making a point. Dogs don't have to be inside to be happy or healthy. I have history on my side to prove this. If Armageddon ever happens dogs will most likely out survive humans. They've survived 1000s of years before we brought them into the cozy confines of our homes. Would I procure a peeka poo or a shitza doodle or snauzershattle and put it outside? Absolutely not. But I don't think a lab or a German Shepherd or your typical heinze 57 is bothered by being outside one iota.

well, they're not wrong on that. and that doesn't count the times we were inside the 35 and didn't get points via FG or whatever.

not gonna pretend to have answers to that particular issue, but it does have to start with the ability to run the ball....and i think wiht the OLine we're gonna have, it definitley will start there.

the other thing that we can't really account for yet is just how much impact the newly acquired speed might have in situations like this.

but all in all, yeah, RZ efficiency was one thing i think we all knew had to improve headed in to this year.
You have to hit your target, red zone or otherwise. Red zone makes it worse. I don't think receiving is the issue.

We have similar situations, lots of room to run but my differences are along breeds and their human inputs. Some breeds work better for preferred human requirements. We always let the bigger dogs( German Shepherd, Collie, Airedale’s) stay outside or around our horses in the barn, etc. and come indoors when we wanted. Finally as life moved on we switched to wire fox terriers. Both for companionship and their very nature outside, a true go to ground dog.
A Hypoallergenic, non shedding breed makes a great inside companion. Wires, most terriers, poodles etc many to choose. we just got a poodle/ Coton de Tulear mix, non shedding, all that. I hope she’s a water dog.
Side note, chipping is only for honest humans.
My sister owns a beshon freeze. Whatever the poop that is. I love that little dog. I would never own a dog like that and put it outside. Also, we are currently dogless . My daughter took ours with her when she left the nest. We don't want to be tied down to a dog right now.

So my German Shepard/Corgi Mix who loves to watch basketball with me on the couch asked what does a normal day look like for a student who has enrolled early in the football? I'd not sure how to answer him, weight training I'd imagine, but are they in the film room everyday as well or how does the off season work for these new freshmen?

Don’t let that clown tell you otherwise. I’ve seen his food diary for today and there is pizza included
View attachment 261444

tenor.gif

Did you actually think I thought you were being cruel to your dogs? I was making a point. Dogs don't have to be inside to be happy or healthy. I have history on my side to prove this. If Armageddon ever happens dogs will most likely out survive humans. They've survived 1000s of years before we brought them into the cozy confines of our homes. Would I procure a peeka poo or a shitza doodle or snauzershattle and put it outside? Absolutely not. But I don't think a lab or a German Shepherd or your typical heinze 57 is bothered by being outside one iota.

8E76DB98-DADD-4E2F-A82E-251F4577C2CC.gif

No clue what this means but I’m here for it. New band name? 😂
Haha he’s just a got a unique rhythm to his game that reminds me of Genobili. Euro players seem to play at a different tempo. More finesse than the typical American aggressiveness. Sometimes he looks like he’s in slow motion yet he’s getting by people. Genobili was that way too. Seems more common with Euro players

I don't want to get tossed from the RF so I swear I'm done after this. That article was a quick grab off google, not the basis of my thoughts on the matter, so I apologize for being hasty. I still think there's a miscommunication about the way we're using terms, and what I mean when I say pack hierarchy/dominance theory is no longer supported by most animal behaviorists. Here are some better resources if either of you are interested in reading more. If you're not, that's cool. If you guys have any sources besides Cesar that still advocate Cesar's style of training, I'd love to see them. I haven't been able to find much, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can before bringing this new pup home.

https://avsab.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Dominance_Position_Statement_download-10-3-14.pdf
https://apdt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/dominance-and-dog-training.pdf
The Dominance Controversy
(PDF) Dominance versus leadership in dog training
Survey of the use and outcome of confrontational and non-confrontational training methods in client-owned dogs showing undesired behaviors - ScienceDirect

I'm not even sure how my dogs still having natural social instincts became about a tv trainer's method tbh. We can always do off topic. Just quote my below response in off topic if necessary, but I'm honestly not sure it is.
As far as social dynamics, I gave a halfhearted attempt to understand if you were suggesting the hierarchy doesn't exist because they eat together but I'm not sure.
If so, AND ONLY IF SO, I can pull up actual videos of Wolves establishing said hierarchy. Even starts as pups.

I can pull a recent documentary of the replacement happening by the established beta. Or even a painted wolf female (sister to the alpha male) that attempts to mate and ends up driven from the pack. It wasn't only avoiding inbreeding, it was submission that held her back.

All these are actual wolves, not written papers. A few from the most established wolf sanctuary on the planet.
Once again, only if you're suggesting it doesn't exist.

Reactions: Sleegro
I’m not sure if this has been shared here or not, but it’s a pretty decently written piece. Definitely made me well up in pride a little and I stood up & yelled “Go Vawls!”.... no but seriously.

Read it!

Tennessee Makes the Top-25 in ESPN’s S&P+ Rankings

Also, spoiler alert: our defense was ranked 7th. Seventh! We. Are. Coming!!!

Reactions: Bms4880
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back