Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really too much to ask to make the tournament every year when you’re a top 5 paid coach in the country, at a school that provides you with every resource you could imagine, and that school just so happens to be in the ACC (football) of basketball conferences?
Not too much to ask at all. In fact, it should be expected year in and year out at this place. These hero worshipers on here want to make excuses.

Yes he is. This one is a tough one for LSU and the cops. Clearly he didn’t do anything terrible but you can’t allow people to act like he did either.

It’s stupid that a security guard was in an emotional & intimate locker room after the game like that. Odell was showing his ass but that security guard started the entire situation in the locker room by trying to flex however little “power” he may have or may not even have.

Then he’s going to have the audacity to say he “resisted the urge to hit OBJ”. 1. If he’s an actual officer, his first urge in anything should be to detain a perpetrator. Not to attack them. It’s obvious he was on a little power trip then got embarrassed when he became the “butt” of the situation. This has little man syndrome with sprinkles of racism written all over it.

Not too much to ask at all. In fact, it should be expected year in and year out at this place. These hero worshipers on here want to make excuses.

I mean i get that you may have a crazy weird year with injuries or suspensions or something where you could miss out but just having a bad basketball team isn’t excusable in his situation imo. I’m very grateful for what he’s done for the program to this date but i don’t think he’s immune from criticism either. You know bone is leaving.... develop one of your guards to run the offense. Basketball is different now you don’t have to have a “true 6ft pg” now. Any player can run point on an offense.

Is it really too much to ask to make the tournament every year when you’re a top 5 paid coach in the country, at a school that provides you with every resource you could imagine, and that school just so happens to be in the ACC (football) of basketball conferences?

Not a big BB fan but from where I'm sitting, it's funny watching people explain how Coach O and LSU will take a big step back next year because of losing so much and "that's ok".

But Barnes and TN....

I mean i get that you may have a crazy weird year with injuries or suspensions or something where you could miss out but just having a bad basketball team isn’t excusable in his situation imo. I’m very grateful for what he’s done for the program to this date but i don’t think he’s immune from criticism either. You know bone is leaving.... develop one of your guards to run the offense. Basketball is different now you don’t have to have a “true 6ft pg” now. Any player can run point on an offense.
Agreed. My main criticism is that his last two recruiting classes have been terrible. Is it easy to replace the guys you lost off of last year’s team? Of course not. But that’s what he’s being paid top dollar to do. Not understanding why it’s an offense to question Rick. But then again, I would imagine some of the same folks said similar things about Jones and Dooley in the midst of their careers.

Not a big BB fan but from where I'm sitting, it's funny watching people explain how Coach O and LSU will take a big step back next year because of losing so much and "that's ok".

But Barnes and TN....
If LSU doesn’t make a bowl game, which would be about the equivalent of not making the tournament..... Orgeron’s seat should be glowing.

Reactions: Bearwallow Bandit
If LSU doesn’t make a bowl game, which would be about the equivalent of not making the tournament..... Orgeron’s seat should be glowing.

Not sure I agree those 2 are equal. LSU has 6 wins built in next year and is a FB/FB recruiting powerhouse. It would be a much bigger deal for LSU to lose 7 next year.

I keep waiting for the light to turn on but I’m afraid there’s a power outage
Appears to be a chemistry problem or a locker room issue. All their high $ players have major “I don’t care” issues and their contracts make trades virtually impossible. IMO.

Reactions: volatil

I don’t think anyone’s elated that we’re struggling. And I think most people recognize that Barnes’ recruiting and roster management are at least somewhat responsible.

But what are you gonna do? He’s in year 1 of a huge new contract. Everyone can see that next year’s roster is going to be really good, or even great. And it looks like we’re going to land a lot of big fish in recruiting for at least the foreseeable future.

With all that said, are we supposed to want him fired? Should we stop going to games? Or maybe you want us to be really, really mad at him? You’ve made several posts about your dissatisfaction, but what would you like to see done about it?

Personally, I just don’t see any point to whinging about it under the circumstances. I’m going to hope this team improves enough to sneak into the tourney, and then get excited about the potential of 2020-2021 for football and basketball.

Last edited:
It’s stupid that a security guard was in an emotional & intimate locker room after the game like that. Odell was showing his ass but that security guard started the entire situation in the locker room by trying to flex however little “power” he may have or may not even have.

Then he’s going to have the audacity to say he “resisted the urge to hit OBJ”. 1. If he’s an actual officer, his first urge in anything should be to detain a perpetrator. Not to attack them. It’s obvious he was on a little power trip then got embarrassed when he became the “butt” of the situation. This has little man syndrome with sprinkles of racism written all over it.

So OBJ hands out bands on camera to the players. Then he steals the bullhorn from the band director and acts like a total idiot. Then he smacks the security guard officer on the rear end in the locker room. All of that and your conclusion of the whole situation is that the officer might be racist ? lol stay woke

Last edited:
Not sure I agree those 2 are equal. LSU has 6 wins built in next year and is a FB/FB recruiting powerhouse. It would be a much bigger deal for LSU to lose 7 next year.
Not to mention it's much easier to make a bowl game . What are ther, about 30 or more bowl games? To be eligible you have to win half of your games.

Last edited:
So do we start JG next season with a short leash, have Maurer as the backup again and RS Bailey so we have a shot at a really good QB for the 21 class, which increases competition for 21 season or start Bailey and risk getting a middle of the road QB? Honestly, if we can get another 8-4 season from JG I’d rather get another good QB. Only problem is JG doesn’t have two reliable seniors to throw to next season.

Watching the national news and they covered quadruplets in WISCONSIN all getting their driver's license on the same day.
1 Of them has really great taste, imho.

View attachment 254726

The whole fad of the jeans with gigantic holes and rips is about the stupidest thing. I can't stand it and my daughter loves her ripped/holey jeans. The look says, "I can't afford decent clothes, so I have to wear rags", but the ripped jeans cost more than jeans without the unsightly holes. Stupid friggin kids and their stupid friggin stupid fads. I can't wait for this one to git.

#crumudgenyoldman

On the OBjr thing, how long does a regular citizen get to act like he does? Are the rules different for him because he's a NFL star?

I'll separate them but still agree. I know OB76 is a cop and I agree with his take on the locker room, the security guard went overboard. With both the cigar and not pulling on to the side, instead.

But the megaphone would have gotten most of arrested. Removed from the premises at the very least.

Last edited:
So OBJ hands out bands on camera to the players. Then he stills the bullhorn from the band director and acts like a total idiot. Then he smacks the security guard officer on the rear end in the locker room. All of that and your conclusion of the whole situation is that the officer might be racist ? lol stay woke

Only one of those situations has anything to do with the actual security guard at hand.

The one that had absolutely no business doing what he was doing or acting the way he was acting. He was harassing LSU players and he got embarrassed that he became a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back