Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Noah Hawley is an absolute genius. First 3 seasons were awesome and Legion is probably my favorite show of all time. And this trailer looks incredible.
Hawley, Donald Glover and Larry David are probably the best working in TV right now. I'm sure I'm missing somebody.

Now the Cotton District is expanding and there's a lot of new bars/restaurants. It's way better than strip in the mid-2000s. That was dead as a doornail after UTPD and KPD decided that underage drinking was all of the sudden a problem.

If a job opened up at UT and they hired me, the locals here would see me driving through town in a Uhaul chucking deuces and blasting Rocky Top. Until then, I'll be thankful that I have an affordable home and short commute. Not a lot of people can say that. I feel pretty blessed to have an academic position, and I'm not going to feel bad about it being in Starkville when I have friends who got jobs in "cool places" and can barely afford rent and are taxed into poverty.
True, was down there a couple years ago to see some friends lots of new bars. i lived above bin 612 for a few of years, that was fun, glad to see it was still there

Reactions: RiotVol
lol that line has been a standard go-to for my wife and I for decades. Gotta say it in the creepy little voice too.

I was once tripping with some friends near a cornfield beside the Nolichucky river in the middle of the night. I often wandered off to explore things while tripping so naturally ended up in the middle of that cornfield. They started calling for me but wouldn't come into the cornfield out of fear. So I waited until I was near the end of the cornfield near them and used that line on them in the creepiest tone I could muster and then jumped out. They were pretty freaked out the rest of the night o_O

I was once tripping with some friends near a cornfield beside the Nolichucky river in the middle of the night. I often wandered off to explore things while tripping so naturally ended up in the middle of that cornfield. They started calling for me but wouldn't come into the cornfield out of fear. So I waited until I was near the end of the cornfield near them and used that line on them in the creepiest tone I could muster and then jumped out. They were pretty freaked out the rest of the night o_O

Looking glass?

Steven Knight might be worth mentioning. Joe Weisberg could also be brought up I think.

But I'm a huge fan of Peaky Blinders & The Americans.
Haven't seen peaky blinders but hear its awesome and will watch soon. Love the Americans but kinda got bored and never finished the last season and a half. Still planning on finishing it at some point though.

Haven't seen peaky blinders but hear its awesome and will watch soon. Love the Americans but kinda got bored and never finished the last season and a half. Still planning on finishing it at some point though.
The Americans is still one of my favorites of all time. loved that show, hated it ended.

Peaky is...well...awesome. just gotta get past the accents at first lol.

Yeah I had a similar burn on The Americans, I'm planning to rewatch it though. Love Peaky, probably my favorite drama series since Justified. I also LOVE Mindhunter, but I feel like since it's essentially a documentary series that's been given a Hollywood twist I wouldn't put it in the same category as the others mentioned.

*Looks at avi*.... story checks out

Who is gonna win the Heisman this year? Bailey, Gray, or Henry?

Defensive players are only brought up if in the Big 10.

Of the 3 you mention I'd give Eric Gray the best odds. I don't think Bailey starts every game or he could be in the mix. I think if Bailey is as good as we all think he is with Chaney at OC he'll set a single season record at UT if he stays healthy for the whole season and have a shot at a Heisman campaign.

Single Season Yards is just 3819
Single Season TD is 36

I've been looking at joined dates, I haven't seen one older that yours. Congrats on your 15 years coming up. Insane. Remember when you would have stars for the number of years you were on? I always thought you would get "guru" status at 10. I was wrong.
@jackcrevol also up for 15 years........he's got 6 months on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back