Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just tied the best SEC record since Fulmer (2015). Now for an encore, this class will be much better than the 2016 class. Also we are at peak Jones in our bowl game, playing fkking "Northwestern" in a FL bowl already. Your measuring stick sucks.

We were literally the cellar dweller in the league two years ago when Pruitt got here. And with a decade of suck and inheriting the realities of competing against entrenched playoff teams, No coach has ever been in a hole like this. We are doing just fine.

People who want to poor mouth this class are the very ones who like to say how we suck. But the truth is, you think we were much better than we have been for a very long time. You're in denial about how bad the Jones era sucked and where he left us. People who think 2015 didnt suck are starting to annoy me. 2015 sucked, people. And please go look at the 2016 class we got at "peak" post-Fulmer Tennessee. I say this class is better
Much better and so is our team.

The "we got to do better" continues lol. They need to say it 3 times while spinning in a circle to see if it makes us skip that step.

That'll all it amounts to. This isn't Butch's time when kids remembered who we were and thought we corrected 1 bad hire.

These kids dgaf about TN or the entitled attitude by our fans. They'll look at us when we earn it and so far, I think we've got a coach that'll get us to that point. They can repeat themselves all they want, it's not changing a damn thing.

Ok you win. My prediction is the players with the higher number of stars will have a higher chance of succeeding. Just like with every class at every FBS school in the country, a player or two who are lower ranked will break out, but overall, it will follow the stars. Good enough for you?
No, you need to say which of the 3* will not help us win games.

ON PAPER. The whole era sucked.
2014 was obviously a good class, 2015 overall was overrated and, as mentioned earlier, both were attrition nightmares.

Regardless (irregardless) in 2016, even when we were undefeated we knew something was wrong. Game flow was terrible and later in the year they just fell apart. Now, in 2019, we see the NFL talent that was on that roster and we realize just how bad of a coach Butchy really was (and I admit I was a defender until the back half of 2016).

Pruitts different IMO for 2 reasons: 1) proven record of success at 3 different stops as DC and 2) Coach Phillip Fulmer

If the man that hates Alabama more than any other can hand the keys to a Bammer, I’ll trust him. Guys, were going in the right direction. If we have anywhere the “hit” percentage with this class as we did last, we will be going places, book it.

That'll all it amounts to. This isn't Butch's time when kids remembered who we were and thought we corrected 1 bad hire.

These kids dgaf about TN or the entitled attitude by our fans. They'll look at us when we earn it and so far, I think we've got a coach that'll get us to that point. They can repeat themselves all they want, it's not changing a damn thing.
And they'll miss out on getting excited about players like HB and KL because they are too busy worrying about *.

My opinion, some are pizzed off because we don't get to skip a step. It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.
We were down too long and we don't get the luxury of bit*hing and demanding recruits from Bama. We have to earn it back. Pissed or not, that's still how it's gonna happen.

Have we ever sucked for so long? This is uncharted waters 😆 I’m uncomfortable, what do I do with my hands?

Reactions: Pane di mais
We just tied the best SEC record since Fulmer (2015). Now for an encore, this class will be much better than the 2016 class. Also we are at peak Jones in our bowl game, playing fkking "Northwestern" in a FL bowl already. Your measuring stick sucks.

We were literally the cellar dweller in the league two years ago when Pruitt got here. And with a decade of suck and inheriting the realities of competing against entrenched playoff teams, No coach has ever been in a hole like this. We are doing just fine.

People who want to poor mouth this class are the very ones who like to say how we suck. But the truth is, you think we were much better than we have been for a very long time. You're in denial about how bad the Jones era sucked and where he left us. People who think 2015 didnt suck are starting to annoy me. 2015 sucked, people. And please go look at the 2016 class we got at "peak" post-Fulmer Tennessee. I say this class is better
Wouldn’t this be more closely parallel to the Iowa Taxslayer matchup?

Actually, I think it’s a bit uncanny how similar Butch’s and Pruitt’s first two years on the field have been. First year, a couple of inspiring games against much higher ranked teams, but then really fizzled out to miss a bowl. Second year, go on a late run to make the Taxslayer bowl.

Now before the sewing circle grabs their pitchforks, this is not saying I think Pruitt will follow the same course as Butch. I happen to think that Butch was on the right track before whatever short circuited happened. It took a lot of bad choices in subsequent years to end up where the Butch era did.

Wouldn’t this be more closely parallel to the Iowa Taxslayer matchup?

Actually, I think it’s a bit uncanny how similar Butch’s and Pruitt’s first two years on the field have been. First year, a couple of inspiring games against much higher ranked teams, but then really fizzled out to miss a bowl. Second year, go on a late run to make the Taxslayer bowl.

Now before the sewing circle grabs their pitchforks, this is not saying I think Pruitt will follow the same course as Butch. I happen to think that Butch was on the right track before whatever short circuited happened. It took a lot of bad choices in subsequent years to end up where the Butch era did.

I don’t think Butch did a bad job his first two years. From all accounts after that though his ego went nuts and that’s when he fired Lawson and that’s when it went south.

So much this

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We know recruiting rankings are suspect to political leanings. The “Bama Bump” is real, etc.

I couldn’t care less about what the final ranking is. These players are solid and our coaching staff is second to none. Give me UGA’s roster and this staff and we win the NC going away. Next year I see no reason why we shouldn’t beat who we are supposed to and surprise one of the big 4 on our schedule.

We good fellas, enjoy the ride.

Now everyone who wants to throw rocks at this class, listen up. Let's play who is willing to sign on that Dobbs > HB line.

__________________________. Sign the ***** line.

We know recruiting rankings are suspect to political leanings. The “Bama Bump” is real, etc.

I couldn’t care less about what the final ranking is. These players are solid and our coaching staff is second to none. Give me UGA’s roster and this staff and we win the NC going away. Next year I see no reason why we shouldn’t beat who we are supposed to and surprise one of the big 4 on our schedule.

We good fellas, enjoy the ride.
I plan on it. After worrying when Kiffin was going to get us on probation to the embarrassment of Dooley to the "What are you doing?" with Butch....it sure is nice to have a football coach that can get the most out of players and coach during a game. And I love a good underdog story.

No, you need to say which of the 3* will not help us win games.
3* is a crapshoot. Some of them will be all-SEC, some will never see the field. Which means that trying to individually project each one over the course of about 40-45 games is the ultimate fools errand. If that explanation gives you consternation, so be it.

In order to be a "hip and cool" negavol today, it is necessary to exaggerate and to lie to one's self and to others about how "great" the Jones era was.

If you are realist enough to admit how bad it was and how it ended as the worst team in the entire 100+ years of Tennesssee football, you've got no pedestal to look down from in order to snicker.

I'm calling out all negavols as deluded. The negavols are the "idealists." The negavols are the crypto sunshine pumpers.

Last edited:
Clemson won the 2016 NC primarily with classes in the teens...14th, 14th, and 13th (Rivals) were the upper classmen primarily responsible. How did they possibly manage that? Development and coaching. UGA doesn't have a functional offense now, despite recruiting lights out. How did they possibly manage that? Same answer. Relax.

3* is a crapshoot. Some of them will be all-SEC, some will never see the field. Which means that trying to individually project each one over the course of about 40-45 games is the ultimate fools errand. If that explanation gives you consternation, so be it.
No, that is exactly true. And yet you're willing to write off half the class as a failure because they will not have an immediate impact. celebrate the ones we get that have high odds of being great like a HB turning into a PM while looking for the KG in this class. You'll be much happier than being Catbone and saying the whole class is a failure.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back